Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scar Stages Share yours!

Wheetsin, nice pictures. Those look almost forensic.

Your scars healed really well.

OK, here's my belly:

One week post-op:

(274 lbs)

Belly_Scar01.jpg

4 weeks post-op:

(265 pounds)

Belly_Scar02.jpg

[/url]

8 weeks post-op (ten minutes ago):

(256 pounds)

Belly_Scar03.jpg

Wow Donna! Your belly looks amazing! And is it just me, or do you only have 1 scar? LOL, how'd you manage that? Awesome!! Gonna go buy me some maderma! :)

Wow Donna! Your belly looks amazing! And is it just me, or do you only have 1 scar? LOL, how'd you manage that? Awesome!! Gonna go buy me some maderma! :)

Nah, I have 5 scars! The one you can't see at all is in my belly-button, then the next visible is right at my bra-line in the center, really tiny, then there are two about the same size and symetrically located on either side of my belly-button, and then, of course, the port wound.

You can see all but the belly-button scar easily in the first picture. The other ones are healing up nicely but I'm thinking about switching to Vitamin E on them. Seems like the Maderma isn't working as well as I thought it would. Or maybe I just see the scars every day and have unrealistic expectations of the product. Wouldn't be the first time I expected too much!

Anyone want to chime in on the Maderma vs. Vitamin E for reducing scar visibility? Maybe I should start a new thread for that question.

Here are updated scar pics almost 4 weeks out?

050906.jpg

I'm liking the "inside the belly button" scars! Sorta wish mine was there! :confused: Though none of mine are even close to my belly button, lol, so oh well. :confused:

Hey guys,

Here are mine 2 and a half weeks post opp, their looking great I must say, the surgeon said I had beautiful scars!

post-205997-13813133532184_thumb.gif

post-206234-1381313332068_thumb.jpg

Here are my scars, very different from all of yours. I have 4 small 1/2 inch ones and 1 large 4 inch one (my doc calls this the hand port) It is where his hand went in to put on the band and its where my port is. Im very happy with my success so far. Im 9 weeks post op and I am down 30 lbs and I have no fill.

346%3A69%3B32%7Ffp344%3Enu%3D325%3B%3E563%3E954%3EWSNRCG%3D3233679%3B78668nu0mrj

I read about the modified surgery where the surgeon's hand goes in, cool to see the scars from it! :) They're looking awesome! Both you & K@t, hard to believe they're looking so good so soon!

humm, i wonder why they would do that the modified way though, it seems to leave a much bigger incision then just the normal laproscopic surgery.

Wow, your scars all are looking great. Unfortunately, I tend to keloid, and my scars from the lapband surgery are no different. Everyone one of them is keloiding into big, swollen, ugly red bulges. Ugh. :cry