Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone tried biggest loser cardiomax and..

and the biggest loser power sculpt? i bought both at wal-mart . 9.99 for each. i did the ower sculpt once and the cardio max two times. i was doing Denise Austin. i have been walking and doing cardio only 2-3 times a week so i thought it was time to step it up . man, they both kicked my butt!! you have to go to Amazon.com and read the reviews on these and see if they are right for you. but, so far, i know they are good workouts because i can't get through the entire dvd and i am sweating, panting and feeling the BURN BABY!! WUHUEEEE. If anyone has tried

these and have been doing them for a while, please post your thoughts and results. I really feel like if i stay with these dvd's, i will definetly see the results. but, i would still like to hear some input on others who have done them though. thanks....:tongue_smilie:

swstacey...I actually just bought one of those DVDs myself and still need to try it. I guess for me the exercise so far came from picking up the DVD and bringing it to the register :w00t: You've just renewed my curiosity with it and I'll have to give it a whirl and let you know how I make out :tongue2:

thanks for replying Sherry. update on me and the new exercise. Well, i have tried both of the dvd's. the sculpting (only once so far) and the cardio max. I have been doing the cardio for a week now. i have lost 1.5 inches off my chest and before i started the dvd's, i was stuck at a certain weight for 2 and a half weeks. i lost 3 pounds this week!!! i know it is because i shocked my body by changing my exercise. i stepped it up a notch and let me tell you, it really works to break Plateaus. i am starting to feel really motivated. so Sherry, there is no doublt you will love these dvd's. i am crazy about the work out. man, best workout i have done so far. just keep it up and you will see results in no time.

Sounds good to me. I just had a fill this past Wed then TOM came for a visit so I'm hoping I'll be up and running for Monday to try the DVD and get this scale moving once again. I'll definately let you know what I think. Thanks for the reply and I'm so happy for you that your scale has moved and you're liking the results of your workouts! We all know how important it is to SEE some kind of result right away in order to keep us motivated..that's for sure!

Just wanted to give an update. i am still using Cardio Max and Power Scuplt. things are looking good. dropped 4 pounds since i started and i measure my inches next monday. i love it. anyone had sucess with these? keep us posted on your progress. thanks. :cursing:

Stacey,

Do you need free weights for Biggest looser DVD's? If so what do you have. I need a good set to get started exercising and despite my size most workout videos are too easy. I'm too embarrassed to go to the gym just yet.

Thanks for the tip!

Hi Luu,

yes, you do need free weights. i have a set of 5 pound dumb bells. but i am going to wal-mart tomorrow to see if i can find a set of 3 pounders. the 5 pound is to much for me as i am a beginner in strength training and such. but i will tell you, the dvd's are great and you will see results. you just alternate them. do cardio one day and sculpting the next. don't try to over do it. i have been doing the cardio now for 3 weeks and i just got through the first twenty mins. take your time and just keep moving, even if you aren't or can't do the stuff they are doing in the dvd. you will love the way it tones your body and the fat it burns off of you. good luck and let me know how it goes. hope this helped.

Hi SWStacey1977,

How are the dvd's on the knees?? Right now my knees are sooo bad that I am a bit scared to do any of them?? Let me know, because someone at work said a friend of their's had one and they loved it??

thanks

sls1974

Stacey,

I went to Walmart to find the DVD's and they were sold out. I had gone to Amazon and read the reviews, sounds very challenging. I'm so excited! I ended up buying DVD's at Amazon.com, they were only 8.99 and came with free shipping, less then at Walmart. Should arrive on Monday.

I used to really be into fitness and I think that once you build the muscle doesn't go completely away and I find that I still have a lot of strength even after being sedentary for awhile. Its hard for me to find videos that challenge me. So thanks for the recommendation! I can't wait to try it and I'll post results.

Oh I also bought a set of 5 lb and 3 lb weights while at Walmart. The 3 lbs weren't that expensive, I think somewhere around $3 each. I have a set of 10 lbs but I know that would be way too much after reading the reviews at Amazon and what you had to say.

I think like most of us, I bought the Biggest Loser Workout 1 and 2 DVD's with the best of intentions back in April saying that I was going to use them everyday or just about everyday. I started using them and I loved them, I would find myself out of breath and panting like crazy after about 10 minutes. I would push through them and try to visualize myself being alot healthier. Then I stopped. Can't really tell you why, but I will say that I regretted it.

Since I was banded on the 13th, just last friday, HAHA. I have a renewed way of looking at exercise. I totally forgot that I had the videos until I saw this thread, and I was like "how could I have forgot about those videos". I didn't get the Power Sculpt and the Cardio Max, I got the Workouts 1 and 2, that you can actually tailor to Males/Female preferences and set your workout time. It looks like a stop watch and lets you decide which items you want to do. It's great. That way, you can do more or less and vary the routine based on your time and specific target areas.

I would definitely recommend these DVD's to anyone who isn't quite ready to hit a gym, or financially cann't afford it. Or even better yet, need something more than a machine to get them into shape.:rolleyes2: