Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I lose 116 lbs??

When I stare at the "116" on the monitor here, it seems like a very large number! I never thought I would get to a point where I would have to lose 116, but here I am.

I really hope that I can get through this. I am trying to have a very positive attitude. My husband is even getting me a treadmill, and I intend to use a pedometer everyday. =D

You're the best person to answer that question. Is it possible - of course. Many of us here are down much more. Can YOU do it? You answer. :)

Sure, if you are willing to put in the work. There are plenty of bandsters down that much and more. Cool, huh? :)

Yes you can! I have lost 122 pounds since 3/29/07 and 76 inches! You can do it if you remember the band is your friend and tool and use it. Follow all directions of your physician!:)

Yes, Yes, Yes! Make it the highest priority in your life. Follow the rules, exercise, change your thinking, and you'll change your life. Good luck!

You can definitely get there! It's the small ones that add up over time! Soon your lbs lost will be bigger than your lbs to lose :)

Thank you for all of the encouraging words. I feel more optimistic today as the post surgery pain is getting less and less. I am looking forward to getting my new treadmill and putting in 30 minutes everyday! I KNOW I can do this...that's my new attitude~ :tongue_smilie:

Congratulations on your surgery. Absolutely you can do it. 30 minutes a day is a good start but when you are feeling better 60 minutes a day is even better. Try to break it up a bit. Do the treadmill, the bike, or the eliptical. I love the eliptical. I do 65 minutes and it says I burn 750 calories. I am not sure how accurate it is but I have lost 44 lbs in a little over 3 months. Don't look at the whole number. Just concentrate on 10 lbs at a time and before you know it you will be at goal. Just stay resolved to do it.

Good luck.

Hey 80's! I agree with all that people have said especially the part about breaking it up. My strategy is not to look at the pounds coming off, but what size I can get into. I have two closets full of clothes in about 10 different sizes (I'm kind of a pack rat and refuse to get rid of clothes!). Before surgery I went into my closet and arranged things by size. When my current clothes are too big, out they go, and then I'll move on to the next section. When I feel like "shopping" I'll go in there and try stuff on. If I'm getting into smaller sizes then the pounds must be coming off. Of course, I'll be weighing myself from time to time as well, but no more than once a week. That's just not that important to me. I have tons of sexy sandals that I can't wait to put on. I used to be really into clothes and I can't wait to be again. Also, I love to play sports. I've already signed up for our church's summer adult softball team. Being able to run farther and faster will also be a measure of how well I'm doing.

So, instead of looking at 116 pounds, is there something you want to do or accomplish that will gage your success? I think it takes the pressure off a little. You can absolutely do this! Good luck!!

I think the "ten pounds at a time" way of approaching this weight loss is an excellent idea. I keep trying to remind myself that it took years to put all of this weight on, and it is not coming off overnight.

I also love clothes, and one of my mini-goals is to be shopping in the regular ladies clothes isle. I am so sick of the ugly plus sized clothes, and then because they say "plus size" or "woman" they are $20 more! No more polka dots or ugly flowers! :thumbup:

Oh! I completely understand- check my stats- I am right there with you and concerned...but, I read everything on this site and it helps me believe in the surgery and myself. Good Luck!!

you can do it

i have lost 50 lbs so far and i didn't believe i could do that

so just keep going and try and do 30 mins a day of moving to music or step or i use a dvd -billy blanks boot camp v .good

keep in touch

xR

Hi, I am a newbie (Surgery 5-20) and I am trying to set up my ticker thing on this site. I have it made and ready to paste the code somewhere, BUT WHERE does it get pasted. Any help please!! Thanks so much, ChristyC