Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

have any of my age 20-something bandsters tried ali?

Hey,

I was just wondering in any of you all have tried alli, and what results you got on it? Does it really work? etc.....

Marine

I've never tried it. Those side effects were just a bit too much for me. I've never been a pill popper, unless it was antibiotics, so I knew I would never use them on a regular basis.

I know I've seen a $5 coupon off the starter kit in the coupon section.

Good Luck!

I never tried it, when I read the instructions tell you to carry a change of underwear. Pass!

I take hydroxycut. I can't say it's doing anything to my body, but it gives me energy.. and it doesn't have ephedra so that's a bonus.

As much as I would love to tell you that I already carry an extra pair of undies in the car or in my back pocket, I'm not gonna lie to ya, I don't. I don't think I could handle losing my bowels whenever unnecessary. haha.

Oh, and I took hydroxycut and it definitely helped me a tad. :thumbup:

Good to hear :thumbup:)

I have tried different diety things, I honestly just take whatever I can get a hold of. Right now my uncle had a huge bottle of hydroxycut and due to his heart problems he can't take it, so I got it for free and that's enough for me to take it hehe. I do notice a huge difference in my energy on the days I forget to take it, so I like them. I just never knew if these things actually did anything to the body itself. I never took them for the diet aspect, I just lack energy on a daily basis without them (and I'm not really a coffee drinker).

I can say, I keep extra undies in my office & our cars "Just in case". I've never had to use them, but if I did I want to have options hah hah. But if a medicine specifically tells me to have them, I'm not buying it.

I thought about alli, but yeah...no thanks.

I would recommend reading the pamphlet before trying it. Once you understand how it works, you probably won't want it.

thanks for the replys guys...yea i've read about the "side effects"...my boss takes alli and she said that *so far* she hasn't had any need for those extra undies, although she says that once you have to go...you had better be near a bathroom. still not so sure what to think lol :thumbup:

Warning: This is gross! I used Xenical before Alli was available. Alli is just Xenical but in a lower dosage. This is why they are able to sell it without a prescription. Anywhoo....this sounds quite gross, but the topic requires it. If you take Alli, basically anytime you eat any fat your body doesn't absorb it and it is excreted through your poo (gross huh). So your poo sorta becomes greasy, runny, and very smelly, depending on how much you alter your diet. If you are in a position where you have a bathroom near you, you might be okay. However, if you have gas and feel like you need to fart, beware that something might come out. It may not be full fledged poo, it could be just grease (which is quite difficult to get out of the undies and also quite unattractive) or it might be something runny (also unnattractive!). Even with an altered diet, it finds all the fat it can pull out of you, so it gets quite annoying. It also tended to make me very gassy and i felt like anything i ate or drank pretty well went right through me. I dont think I lost very much weight, but honestly, I didnt do it for very long because the side effects were pretty nasty. Im sure the Alli is a little better because it is a lower dose, but I cant imagine it being much better. Ahhhh.....the things we do to lose weight!

Warning: This is gross! I used Xenical before Alli was available. Alli is just Xenical but in a lower dosage. This is why they are able to sell it without a prescription. Anywhoo....this sounds quite gross, but the topic requires it. If you take Alli, basically anytime you eat any fat your body doesn't absorb it and it is excreted through your poo (gross huh). So your poo sorta becomes greasy, runny, and very smelly, depending on how much you alter your diet. If you are in a position where you have a bathroom near you, you might be okay. However, if you have gas and feel like you need to fart, beware that something might come out. It may not be full fledged poo, it could be just grease (which is quite difficult to get out of the undies and also quite unattractive) or it might be something runny (also unnattractive!). Even with an altered diet, it finds all the fat it can pull out of you, so it gets quite annoying. It also tended to make me very gassy and i felt like anything i ate or drank pretty well went right through me. I dont think I lost very much weight, but honestly, I didnt do it for very long because the side effects were pretty nasty. Im sure the Alli is a little better because it is a lower dose, but I cant imagine it being much better. Ahhhh.....the things we do to lose weight!

I don't know anything about Alli, to be honest.. but in one of my classes the other night, the sports and health professor with a PhD in nutrition said that she didn't even know how Alli got approved by the FDA to be on the market...

I can't remember the reason she made the comment.. but I don't think I'm going to go near it.

Good to hear :cry_smile:)

I have tried different diety things, I honestly just take whatever I can get a hold of. Right now my uncle had a huge bottle of hydroxycut and due to his heart problems he can't take it, so I got it for free and that's enough for me to take it hehe. I do notice a huge difference in my energy on the days I forget to take it, so I like them. I just never knew if these things actually did anything to the body itself. I never took them for the diet aspect, I just lack energy on a daily basis without them (and I'm not really a coffee drinker).

See, I would love to take it again, but the thing is that I HATE the peak and drop off bit. It sucks sooooo much. I hate being tired during the day.

Now, do they do something for the body? Yeah, kind of. Simply, it's basically just a faster heart rate equals more calories burned throughout the day. Nothing special. It wouldn't be too different drinking a sugar-free Red Bull a couple times a day. haha.

See, I would love to take it again, but the thing is that I HATE the peak and drop off bit. It sucks sooooo much. I hate being tired during the day.

Now, do they do something for the body? Yeah, kind of. Simply, it's basically just a faster heart rate equals more calories burned throughout the day. Nothing special. It wouldn't be too different drinking a sugar-free Red Bull a couple times a day. haha.

man i wish i liked energy drinks! they taste really weird to me...i can't drink them! :tongue_smilie:

Yeah, energy drinks taste like nasty crap to me. I tried red bull once, tasted like a perfume would taste (you know you've tried it!!).

So if that's all they do, I'm content with my pills. I also take Stacker 2 from the gas station. It's a crap load of caffeine, gives me the same effect. Oddly enough though, coffee doesn't do a thing for me. So I guess these pills are like me drinking cofffee. I don't hit highs & lows with them... I take one (or two) in the morning and I'm good all day. The bottles say take 2-3x a day, but if I took these things more than once, I would never go to sleep.< /p>

I am a little older (32) but I have to second what Lauren said. I too used Xenical before Alli came out. I did not even complete a full month's prescription...

The grease and gas?? Ditto.....way too much for me!