Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this the BH that everyone is always talking about? :rolleyes2:

I was banded 3/25. In the past few weeks I have learned what hunger and full both feel like.... but now although down 20+ pounds, suddenly I can eat anything in any amount!!! It takes way more than 1 cup to make me full. I am sticking to the foods list from my Dr. but it's just not doing it anymore. My first fill is 5/7 so still a ways off...Help? What can I do? I don't want to start gaining everything back....

I would call the Dr's office and let them know and prehaps they can give u a fill before your scheduled apt.

Believe it or not, I am in the exact same position!

I was banded 3/26. The first 3 weeks were smooth. I ate very little and was full a long time.

Going into the 4th week, I get hungry more ofton, but I stay full for a long time.

My first fill is in the second week of MAy... and I say, just try to be good for thsoe weeks... if you gain weight, you gain it... you'll loose it after the fill!

Jamie, I went through the same thing about 2 weeks before my first fill. I just stuck to the diet that my doc gave me and I drank more Water to fill me up and sometimes would have a Protein Shake depending on how hungry I actually felt. I also just started doing more things like working out to help me "forget" about being hungry. Hopefully this helps you out a little bit...And congrats on your new band!

Believe it or not, I am in the exact same position!

I was banded 3/26. The first 3 weeks were smooth. I ate very little and was full a long time.

Going into the 4th week, I get hungry more ofton, but I stay full for a long time.

My first fill is in the second week of MAy... and I say, just try to be good for thsoe weeks... if you gain weight, you gain it... you'll loose it after the fill!

How much are you eating per meal? You are right I do stay full, it's just taking more than I would like to get full. I wish they would move up my filll but my Dr. is really on the conservative side, I just added scrambled eggs and Cream of Wheat this week.

Thank you all so much! All I can think is that I've somehow stretched my pouch and that's why I'm not staying full... Ugh!

This is a normal reactions. After surgery, you are swollen from the operation so the muscles and opening around your band don't let as much in. As you heal, the swelling goes down and more can go through the opening. Once you get your first fill, you will feel the restriction again.

I am wondering the same thing. I was banded 12/4. I thought it was the greatest. I ate a cup of yogurt and was full. I quickly lost 20 pounds. Despite two fills (one that was so tight I couldn't swallow water), I feel like the only restriction I have is the texture. Some foods get stuck. Other than that, I do not get the full feeling. I think one problem is that I am eating too quickly (so I do not feel full), however how can my pouch hold a complete meal?

If I eat meat first, chew it very well, I feel full faster. I try very hard to wait the requisite 90 minutes before drinking, but it sure is hard sometimes! This worked before I had my first fill and am now noticing a bit more restriction. Yea! SS

Thanks SS. Why 90 minutes? I think part of the problem is that I do not fully understand how it should work. My nutritionist (thru the local hospital not lap-band oriented) advised me not to drink liquids with meals because it would make me feel too full to eat. However, since then I have been told that the liquids help slip the food through. I have to work on chewing slower and avoiding liquids.

I do great after my fill. I love the liquid diet because that is when I lose the most. I can drink chocolate shakes (yes I know stupid choice I will quote my surgeon, "If you are trying to lose weight, why are you drinking a chocolate milk shake?!" ) and still lose weight. But as soon as it doesn't seem like my band is working for me, I quit working with it. I'm getting a bit down on myself because I haven't lost anymore weight and part of it is my own fault!

Thanks for your help. Does anyone know if there are any books on lap band living?

Do you have any local support groups you can attend? I have found them to be invaluable. I drive 30 minutes to mine and it's worth the time and gas $. I was told not to drink any fluids 30 minutes before a meal, and wait 90 minutes after. It helps to keep the food in the pouch longer. Also, eat Proteins first, then vegetables, and finally fruits. Avoid any carbonated drinks. You might check out the Food and Nutrition section at the Home page. There is a lot of helpful information there. Good luck. If you have any other questions, I'll try to help. I'm sure other bandsters will help you too. SS

hi everyone,

it's been nearly one month since my op and i think im going through the same thing aswell, im due for my first fill in 3 weeks and have not lost any weight in the past 2 weeks and getting worried, i get hungry about an hour after i eat and just not feeling full, and plus i am eating the same amont of food as a normal diet it feels like i don't even have the lap band at all? is this wierd does my band just need a fill? i have tried to contact my doc and his nurses and my nutritionist but they are all too busy my fill has already been delayed nearly 3 weeks later then it was supposed to and now im worried that im not going to loose any weight in this next 3 weeks. what should i be doing?

Just try to limit your servings so you don't get used to eating the "old" way again. I am freaking starving but I am doing everything I can not to eat more than 1 cup at a meal. Just stick with the band rules. I posted them at home and at work until I get my fill, I'm just like you.... it's a mind game at this point so we really just have to do whatever we can to win it until restriction.