Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BeckyinTexas

I am so proud of you all the way from Canada. You truly are an inspiration. We all know about the struggles but as always, we are all here for each other. I'm praying for your full tt too!!!!

Donna....Thanks so much. I think just waiting and hoping to hear from my insurance company is the hardest part! I pray everyday that it will come through for me. When I first started losing weight I said I didn't care how much skin I had hanging. I said if men can go on Maury and strap and tape body parts to make then appear to be female, heck, I could strap and tape myself up. Well, hopefully I can through away all those girdles that resemble straight jackets very soon. Thanks again for everyone's support and prayers.

Becky you deserve to throw away those straight jackets! You are such an inspiration to so many, we're believing sweetie! Its gonna happen!

I posted on line yesterday before I left for my doctor's appointment. Now it's just a wait and see game with my insurance company. I wish I had talked with someone about their first trip to see a plastic surgeon so I would have known what would happen when I got there. I was completely shocked when they said I'd have to have some pictures taken. I should have known they would do that but I guess it was just something that I didn't think about. After the initial interview and answering a lot of questions, I was told that as soon as the photo room was available, they'd take me there. That's when the nerves hit! I didn't know what to expect at all. Then the moment of truth came and I was taken to the photo room and told to take all my clothes off and put on a pair of surgery panties. Needless this was nothing more than a small piece of cloth held together with elastic strings. I told the nurse that was helping me that I had always thought my first time to wear a g-string might be under different circumstances. Then the doctor came in and that's when the tears started to flow! He told me this wonderful story about daffodils and what it all meant was to not look back at the past but just look forward to the future. So, there I stood completely naked with tears rolling down my cheeks and have pictures taken. Now those will be sent along with a couple of letters from doctor's stating medical necessity for the surgery to my insurance company. All I could think of was "great, now a bunch more people can look at my horrible body". But if that's what it takes to make part of a dream come true, so be it. I'd be stupid to not know that I couldn't have blown my body up to the size it was and not expect there to be some "party favors" left over. I feel like a balloon that was blown up way too much and then all the air was let out. Not that that isn't a great thing because I feel like a different person, now I just want to be able to look into a full length mirror and not be grossed out by my own reflection. I just wanted to share my first step with anyone that might be taking this journey as well. Like I said, I just wish I had talked with someone so I would have known somewhat to expect. Now I have to just sit and wait to hear from my insurance company and the good Lord willing, I'll be scheduling a pannicolectomy in the near future. Thanks for letting me share all this with y'all cause if there's any one in the whole world that can even somewhat relate to all of this I know it's y'all. As you can see by my novel disguised as a post....I'll keep everyone updated on how this all goes for me.

what is the name of the plastic surgeon?

His name is Dr. Frederick Duffy and he's at Medical City in Dallas. I really was impressed with him and he has several books of before and after photos that really looked great. He was recommended to me by my lap band surgeon, so I knew he'd be a good one.