Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did your period come back?

I didn't have a period for 3 months and before it was all out of wack and was like a 1 or 2 day period. I started my period on april 22nd, and I have been bleeding heavily and constantly since then even today. I dunno if its normal or if its cause my uterous got all that built up from no period. I havent had surgery yet but I weigh 416 pounds. What do you guys think?

I would say that is not normal you need to call . Even when i would go for 4 months w/ out a period yes they would be very heavy but they would not last longer than a week or so . that's too long. I would call your doc asap !

Mindy

Well my normal periods are usually 2 weeks long, but this one is getting so ridiculus, It's so annoying lol. Still going!

Girl 2 weeks is not normal LMAO

I would RUN FOR THE HILLS over 2 weeks. Seriously you need to call the doc it sounds like too long and too much to go .

Let us know what they say

Mindy

yeah a month is a REALLY long time. i've gone through a natural miscarriage and bled for 6 weeks, and that was considered a LONG time..and that was for a miscarriage. :thumbdown:

i would definately call my doc.

So my period finally stopped on the 19th. then on the 21st I bled for another day and now it stopped again today wowweeee. I went through a lot of supplies LOL

My periods were non-existent before losing weight. by the time I was down a hundred pounds they were coming very lightly every 3-4 months. That is why when I found out I was pregnant in March I was completely shocked. I really thought I was still infertile. I had no idea how far along I could even be cause I hadn't even had a period in a while. What can I say, my body has always liked to do its own thing!

I didn't have a period for 3 months and before it was all out of wack and was like a 1 or 2 day period. I started my period on april 22nd, and I have been bleeding heavily and constantly since then even today. I dunno if its normal or if its cause my uterous got all that built up from no period. I havent had surgery yet but I weigh 416 pounds. What do you guys think?

Froggi, that does not sound good. What does your doctor say?

Hey ladies! Yet another fellow "cyster"! As some of you know I was banded February 6th 2008! All and all my period was normal for mainly my whole life than when I was about 17 it started to come and go as it pleased but it would only stay MIA for about a month. Then it would resume. But then .... dun dun dun LOL July 2007 I will never 4get cause I was sure I was pregnant at that time. Went to the gyn cause hadn't seen my period in the pass 3 months! So that's when she did blood work and all and the results came back. High testosrone levels. And then she started asking me about Hair growth and dandruff. And I was like so thats where the damn hair is coming from. The mood swings the depression .... oh the horror LOL. But she sent me to reproductive endocrinologist and he ran all sorts of test ... he claims that I have "pre-pcos" that once I lose weight this will all go away ... but aren't those the basis of the disorder anyway ... but who knows he's the doc ... he says that after I lost about 30 pounds to come back and he will do more test and then we will see what happens. Well I have now lost the weight and then some so I go back to see him 2morrow to see whats up. I will keep you guys posted! But to answer the ? LOL I had a period late Nov early Dec and I hadn't seen it in like the past 4-5 months ... I bleed for 3 weeks on the nose! Gyn said it was ok cause my lining had built up so high and that he had to shed. I was losing my freaking mind ... for all you bible thumpers I was thinking I was going to be like the lady in the bible that bled for years and years and years LOL I was so scared called my Nanna and cried and everything. But anyway it stopped. And I didnt see it again until after surgery. I was banded February ... Got 1st period in March, April, and I just finished May period on Friday eventhough it ran kinda late. Got me kinda nervous. But they seem to be back to norm averaging 4-5 days tops just like usually. But I am still not ovulating at all. And I wont feel complete like a "normal" woman until I am ovulating. I am going to start birth control next cycle. I am doing the nuva ring and my doc said thats the best one for us ladies attempting to lose weight cause other birth controls can do just the opposite with all the hormones can increase your appetite. I am going to wait the reccommend YR for pregnancy and then some considering that hubby is off to Iraq in Jan for 15 months. We are hoping to start trying upon his arrival! Thanks for reading and LOTS OF LOVE AND BLESSINGS APPLES!

By the way I am down btw 43-48 pounds that damn scale fluxuates so much it's crazy ... I mainly take measures every 3 weeks cause thats my motivation ... I usually go by the scale when I get my fills done. But I am pleases with that considering I am only about 4 months out! But I am full speed ahead Georgia Girl you are my inspiration! We had similar starting weights!!! LOL Luv ya!!! I'm gonna post progress pics soon!

Froggi, that does not sound good. What does your doctor say?

Doc says I am fine. I think I am getting ready to start again...:w00t: Brownish discharge oh lovely lovely. When my period finally ended on the 22nd :tt2:

Well ladies had my Dr's appt yesterday and he said everything is great he said my levels were never EXT HIG like alot of PCOS people so he said that why he was classifying me as "pre-pcos" that I still had time to get it under control before it became full blown. He says that he is sure that I am ovulating now but he is sending me for blood work to be certain so I will let u guys know definetely if I am ovulating! He was so proud of me weight loss and I am too. HE seen me in December when I was a freaking house ... try double wide trailer even LOL! But its moving!

So my period started today for sure.

My last one was around 5 weeks long April 19th to May 22nd. Today it's only May 31st and I am starting again. How lovely.