Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After which fill did YOU really start losing!

After which fill did YOU start losing??  

1 member has voted

1. 1. After which fill did YOU start losing??

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th or more!!

Good morning, I just had my 1st fill 4cc in a 10cc band and I feel nothing. I'm trying to keep it together but it is really hard. Crystal

I am with you. I had a fill Thursday. She said I had 1cc in from surgery and she had 4cc to my 10cc band. I feel a little restriction but not much. I read these boards and it makes me feel better to hear other people stories. I have faith it will work we just have to be patient and keep working towards our goal.

I would love to get a fill asap, but my dr does not work that way.

it took me 4 fills and took 10 months before I started losing, but when I did, wow, it was fabulous. I am now a size 6, 5'3, 115 lbs. and loving life!

I had my third fill last month and wow have I noticed a change. I feel full really quickly and even better, I feel satisfied for hours after a meal. The scales had plateaued for months and I was worried that they would never move again and then since the last fill I have lost almost 2 kilos.

My fills:

Surgery - Primed with 3cc's (lasted for almost 3 weeks).

First fill - 2cc's (was awesome.. felt great restriction for 9 days)

Second fill - 1cc (did absolutely nothing. Only lost like 3 pounds due to sheer willpower and exercise)

Third fill - 1cc (finally feel some decent restriction since the beginning).

I feel more tight in the morning and by evening I could eat way more than a cup if I wanted to. Have to wait like 3 more weeks till my next fill. I'm totally okay with that for now, but we never know how long the restriction lasts for.

I have been losing steadily since my surgery, have only had one fill, I work out 3-4x week for 1-2 hrs variying my routine. I have a lot of variety in my meals. For me "Slow and steady" gives my mind and body time to adjust to living a lifetime with my band. Remember if you fill it to the max now, what happens when you are 1/2 way to your goal and you stop losing and need an adjustment but there is no more room for fills?? Or in 5 years, will your band be worn out from fill in, fill out.. etc. ? We all hope not. We need to take care of ourselves and our bands. What works for me will work for some, but not others, we each have to find what is right for us, and healthy for us. Good luck.

I was banded in early Jan. and lost 10 lbs. on liquid and mushies but have not lost a pound since. I have had 3 difficult fills as my port is twisted sideway and is very hard to get at. Now i have 4cc in a 14cc band but i don't feel a thing. There is some restriction when i start to eat, especially if i eat too quickly but if i wait a few minutes this subsides and i could eat as much as I want. The only thing that is keeping me at the same weight is will power, which is dwindling. I am starting to wonder why i did this in the first place. I could keep my weight steady before i was banded; is this ever going to work? How many fills did some of you have in a 14 cc band before you noticed restriction? Help please, i am loosing faith in this band. :confused2:

Well guys I had fill number 3 and still not much. I do feel a bit restricted but not like I hoped I would. I am getting fill #4 on May 19th so once again hoping and praying that this one will do the trick. I am so ready to have my sweet spot it's crazy. I know that once I have restriction the weight will just melt because I count calories like a nutcase. I wear my bodybugg. I am exercising as much as I can even if it's just walking super fast from the parking lot into a store. Eventhough my weight is coming off and I am losing so many inches! But of course to us "fat people" and "ex-fat people" the scale is what counts the most. Because look how long the scale has been the key factor. Doctors or their cute little skinny nurses only made us get on scales our whole life and gave us that look like DAMNNNNN LOL so I dont ever want that feeling again! So lets hope the 4th fill does me justice! I pray!

Karso I just seen your post and I wanted to say please keep your head up girl. Those type of negative thoughts is exactly what will bring you back down. Remember that's all we always fell off diets. "Man this sh!t not working... I'm just gonna stay fat ... screw it" I am sure we have all given up with thoughts of this kind. But you have to change your way of thinking and let it go. You will reach ur sweet spot just like the others. We just have to give it time. LOL we all want this to snap in to place asap. But I had to calm myself down and start to appreciate my journey. On the otherside girl we will all have a story to tell about OUR unique journey. I'm sure the beginning of yours will start "Girl I thought my band wasn't working... but boy look at me now" Keep the FAITH and keep happy positive thoughts. You and your band are a team now! And you both can get through this. Lots of LOVE AND BLESSINGS APPLES!

Applesmith you made my day ...I was cracking up laughing at work keep up the good work my friend and never lose that humor.

Thanks Applesmith for your comments, they made me laught because it was exactly what i was thinking when i wrote the post. I just need to hang in there and eventually the weight will come off. I have an appt. in a couple of weeks for a followup, hopefully the Dr. will let me get another fill soon. Thanks again for your encouragement! K. :thumbdown:

I just went in for my 4th fill today. I still feel very little restriction. I have 5cc now in a 10cc band. My doctor put 3cc in the day of surgery and 1cc in the first fill and after that he only does .5cc after that. From what I see most people feel that sweet spot around 7 cc or so but it is different for everyone.

Hi i do have some restriction the problem with me is im still not losing! havent lost anyweight in 5 mos doc says its normal i am getting very discouraged working out theres not much anymore i can even eat no meat or carbs but yet i do have an appetite how does one know if there port has slipped or there is other problems any symptoms etc thanks !:lol:

I was banded on oct. 16,2007, after several small fills i reached 3cc's in a 10cc band and felt good restriction, i was eating about a cup of salad ect. At a time. This lasted about 18 weeks and i have lost a total of 114 lbs since banding, i am scheduled for a fill next week, i can eat about 1 1/2 to 2 cups now. It this normal after having restriction for so many weeks? Is it due to stomach shrinkage? I would love as much imput as possible.