Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After which fill did YOU really start losing!

After which fill did YOU start losing??  

1 member has voted

1. 1. After which fill did YOU start losing??

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th or more!!

I will get my first fill on 4/30. It will be 4 weeks post op. I am hoping it does something. Right now I am depending on self control and exercise because I can eat anything and as much as I could before surger. I hope I get restriction soon before I gain more weight than what I started with.:tongue_smilie:

I have had the same problem. I lost 20 pounds immediately after the surgery, but no more since then. I am on my 3rd fill now and I hope this is my sweet spot. I got 1.5 more ccs put in today. I believe I am at 7.5 of a 10cc band. When I first got the band I remember eating 1/2 cup of food and being full. That was great! Now after my 3rd fill, I am hoping to be at that same level of restriction. I have the willpower but I do not want to feel like I am dieting (which is what it's like without restriction). What I have learned is 1) No liquids with meals because the food slips thru too quickly 2) if you are able to eat a full meal or way more than 1 cup of food your band is too loose and you should get a fill immediately.

Well, I got my 3rd fill today, and I really think that I felt more after the 2nd fill. I lose 3 oz, I thought that I would have lost more. Everyone that sees me tells me that they can see a difference. I can see the difference. I do workout, I am kinda a gym rat!!!! The band will not do it alone for everyone and I know that I am one of them. This is such a learning process...... I can tell the difference the next morning, if I can not tell a difference soon, i will go back. The only issue that I have is that my port is now angled different, it took a hell of a long time to find it today and that was not fun. Thank goodness they numb ya!!!!

I too am frustrated also....I was banded in Feb. and lost 18 pounds right off the bat....Ive had 2 fills since and havent lost a pound since...I am getting a 3rd fill the end of May. I have noticed that I can feel food when it falls thru the band. So I must not be there yet....I now have 6cc's in a 9cc band. I can eat all day if I wanted to...I only feel restrictions in the mornings....but evening I can eat the house down if I wanted to. Very Very maddening!!!!!!

does anyone have Dr. Lautz at B&W in ma? I'm wondering if he is aggresive with his fills

I was like you....10 CC band and .7 the first time and .3 the second fill. We get discouraged because we want to see the pds come melting off like with GB. Well that is why we chose this type. It IS slower - but it will happen. I was banded in June of 07 and by December had lost all the weight my doc had wanted me to lose for the year. While I was not happy about that - he reminded me that this is the type of weight loss plan I had chosen....and it is slower and is a 3 year process. I'm now in my 10th month and I lose about 5 pds per month - since December. I started out as 251 and at 192. Just be patient and exercise. Also - I eat about 1400 calories and lose more than when i was eating 1000. that is because of the exercise. hang in there. YOU WILL DO IT! CJ

I'm in the same boat. I was banded 3/12 and had my first fill on 4/14. I've only lost 8 lbs and I don't seem to be losing. When you say you don't have restriction what is that? I can eat anything I want and although I'm still eating way less than before, I still feel like I can eat a healthy portion without issues (I try to really limit myself because I feel like that' what I'm supposed to do).

Any advice?

That is how I was as well. Keep that limit on yourself. Eventually you will get restriction. I know with a fill we think we should have immediate restriction - but that is not how some docs operate. I did not feel restriction until about fill 5 and at 3.6 in a 10cc band. Everyone is different - Again - lab band is a tool - it is not a miracle drug - just be careful what you eat - even though you are eating less than before - we think the pds should melt off - but that's not going to happen. Your body is saying what the Heck is going on and will hang on to that fat for a while. CJ

I did not feel any restriction whatsoever until my second fill. I have a 10 cc band and had my first fill 6 weeks out (2.4 cc's) but did not have any restriction. That said, I managed to lose a lot of weight, but not due to restriction. I really wanted to feel restriction so last week when I went for fill #2 I received an additional 2 cc's. My doctor told me I would feel restriction after this fill and he was right. Definitely a difference and I can actually feel the band working. Doctor also told me that most people with the new 10 cc AP Band will not need more than 5 cc's and that most feel no restriction with the first fill, but do with the second and then fine tune from there. Although I was able to lose wight without restriction, I do appreciate the fact that I do feel it now and it will help me going forward.

I Was Banded On 10/16/07 And Got My First Fill 6 Weeks Post-op. My Doctor Only Fills 1/2 Cc At A Time And Does So Every Three Weeks. It Was The Sixth Fill That Finally Has Stuck With Me! I Am At 3cc's In A 10cc Band. I Now Have Great Restriction. I Was Debating If I Should Have 1/4cc Out When I Go Back On May 14th Due To Alot Of Pb'ing And Getting Stuck. But I Am Doing Well With Most food Now And Think I Will Stay Put. It Is Also Important To Make Sure We Are Getting The Right Combination Of Foods.. As An Old Atkins Person (done It For Awhile) I Need To Remember To Eat Some Carbs Otherwise I Don't Lose!!! Small Amt Of Course!!! Well Just Hang In There !! I Didn't Think I Was Ever Going To Hit My Sweet Spot, But You Will Know It When You Do!!! And Then It Is Wonderful!!! The Will Power In The Mean Time Really Pays Off!!!

Had surgery 3-14 and still felt some restriction from surgery on 4-14 when I went for lst fill. Didn't fill any different after 1st fill than I did before. Restriction was still okay. I am getting my 2nd fill on 5-22 and am hoping to go back to that 1/2 cup totally satisfied state. I am losing fine because I am working at it, but looking for help from the band with a little more restriction.

Good morning, I just had my 1st fill 4cc in a 10cc band and I feel nothing. I'm trying to keep it together but it is really hard. Crystal

Good morning, I just had my 1st fill 4cc in a 10cc band and I feel nothing. I'm trying to keep it together but it is really hard. Crystal

Hi Crystal

I know it's hard - VERY hard waiting for restriction. My husband took 3 fills to get to his sweet spot, me I had to have 7....so frustrating; but hang in there. Seems to be that 4 fills is the average - I came to this website A LOT during that time & found great comfort.

Hope you get there soon!!!!

Lulu

thanks luluc, I'm trying , just alittle frustrated. Thanks Crystal