Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After which fill did YOU really start losing!

After which fill did YOU start losing??  

1 member has voted

1. 1. After which fill did YOU start losing??

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th or more!!

It took me forever to get to my sweet spot. I had over 10 fills in 18 months. I finally hit my sweet spot 2 months ago but had to have a slight unfill for plastic surgery on Monday. I have since gained back 5-7 lbs which took me 2 months to lose. Go figure!

Would you believe I gained two pounds after my first fill. I had my second fill yesterday. We'll see how it goes. If I don't start losing, I'm going to switch doctors.

I just got my 2nd fill YES!

Too early to tell for restriction...I literally just got it 2 hrs ago!

But I do feel the restriction I felt after surgery....I love it...it would be bliss to stay like this forever!

My doc is very conservative too....I got 1cc in total of 3cc's. My next fill appt is 3 months from today...yikes....

but I can call and harrass to get an earlier fill if need be...but he wants me to hang in there until July if possible....on the good note all my hard work and efforts paid off and i lost 8lbs from last appt.

I guess we just need to hang in there...

IMHO switch docs! This guy/gal just wants to make money off from you! What a load of crap!

she admits she is not following the dr's advice of eating enough solid food or Protein and she didn't say she pays for each fill ( I don;t) so why would you say the Dr. only wants to make money off her?

I HAVE HAD 6 FILLS OF 1/2CC EACH, MY DR. IS CONSERVATIVE IN THE AMT AT EACH FILL DUE TO MY BEING 3 HOURS AWAY FROM HIS OFFICE. I NOW HAVE 3 CC'S IN A 10 CC BAND. I AM 1 1/2 WEEKS AFTER MY LAST FILL AND I STILL HAVE GREAT RESTRICTION!!! USUALLY AFTER 2 DAYS IT LIGHTENS UP A LITTLE, THIS TIME IT IS STAYING WITH ME!!! I HAVE LOST RIGHT ALONG BY STAYING BELOW MY SET CALORIE INTAKE AMT OF 1100 DAILY, IF I STOP SEEING THE scale GO DOWN, I CUT BACK ON THE CALORIES BUT NEVER LESS THAN 900 DAILY OR MY BODY STARTS STORING, (LIKE IT WOULD EVER STARVE!!!):) HANG IN THERE, I NOTICE THAT IF I EAT ALOT OF SOUP(MY DOWNFALL) THEN I DON'T FILL UP AS FAST AND THEREFORE HAVE MORE CALORIE INTAKE... IF I MUST HAVE Soup, I STAY WITH THE LOWER CALORIE ONES AND ADD EXTRA VEGGIES OR meat TO IT SO THAT IT THICKENS IT UP AND FILLS ME UP!!!:thumbup:

I just had my fourth fill. Right after the fill, it was slow going with Water and took 20 mins to drink a Tomato Soup At Hand. I ate a few bites of dinner and then had to throw up. Thursday and today, I feel like I have no more restriction than before. I don't understand. I am 3 months post surgery and have only lost a few pounds. I try just not eating but then I get so hungry i end up snacking. If i eat a scambled egg for Breakfast, a sugarfree yogurt and a piece of lowfat chhes for lunch and then some Protein and veggies for dinner, I still don't lose weight. I thought this fill would be "the one" the day I had it and then one day later I'm back to normal. Able to more than I should and getting hungry after 2 hours. This is really frustrating!@!!!

I was banded 8-21-07 and immediately lost 23 lbs. The doctor didn't give me any fills because he said my "reactions" were similar to someone who had been filled (my reactions were throwing up after eating solid foods). I actually went for esophogeal (?) and throat testing. I also had a "light GI series ??" - and everything was fine. I've continued to drink my meals basically because it's the only comfortable way to go. As far as eating solids, sometimes I feel restricted, but the feeling goes away a couple of minutes later and I can eat again (and am still hungry!) OR, I get this kind of discomfort/burning feeling and I assume I've overeaten. Sometimes I have to throw it up (I have to activate that action), or if I wait about 10 minutes, I'm hungry again and CAN get more down! Also, I've regained all of the weight I originally lost. Does this sound like something a fill would correct? Thanks.

Edited by Cenan

My fill status was as follows: (all in a 10cc band)

Surgery: 3ccs (no restriction)

4 weeks post-op: +2cc (no restriction)

5 weeks post-op: +0.5cc (no restriction)

5.5 weeks post-op: +0.5cc (no restriction)

6 weeks post-op: 0.75cc (yeahhh - restriction)

So finally I'm at restriction at 6.75ccs in my 10 cc band!

I've lost before, but with this fill things seem different. I had my fill on the 17th and today is the 21st. I've lost SEVEN amazing lbs and hey I'm on my cycle too so I know I'm retaining Water.< img src="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've been reading the posts and I have a combination of a lot of issues. I was banded on 3/12 and had my first fill 4/14 (I have a 14cc band and recceived 6ccs). The first day I had food get stuck a little (not chewing and eating too fast), now I'm ok with that, and I do feel full - but after eating more than I should. I lost 10 lbs pre-op, 6 lbs right after surgery and have only lost 1lb 6 oz since.

Can someone explain what "restriction" means. I don't think I have that.:rolleyes2:

I don't think I'm at my sweet spot and I'm sure each person has a different feeling about their "perfect" restriction place.

I could eat more at each meal, so I understand what you are saying. but I find that if I eat my WW size meal (like 4 to 5 oz of meat and some veggies and a couple times a week a VERY small portion of a carb) and stop, I will after about twenty mins have a faint feeling of satisfaction ( not necessarily full). This feeling sort of whispers to me right now. I think I need a bit more restriction and I hope that the full feeling, will "talk a little louder" to me.

So the feeling of being satisfied is kind of delayed. I rarely get a feeling of, "I can't eat another bite", so I have to stop myself from eating more and then later that faint feeling is there.

so maybe try that, stop eating and don't take more and then see if you get that faint feeling of "yeah, ok I could be ok on this smaller amount".

For me, I would like to get to the last couple bites of a lean cuisine size meal and feel like I can't get those last couple bites down.

And many people need several fills before they hit that sweet spot.

I just had my fourth fill. Right after the fill, it was slow going with Water and took 20 mins to drink a Tomato Soup At Hand. I ate a few bites of dinner and then had to throw up. Thursday and today, I feel like I have no more restriction than before. I don't understand. I am 3 months post surgery and have only lost a few pounds. I try just not eating but then I get so hungry i end up snacking. If i eat a scambled egg for breakfast, a sugarfree yogurt and a piece of lowfat chhes for lunch and then some Protein and veggies for dinner, I still don't lose weight. I thought this fill would be "the one" the day I had it and then one day later I'm back to normal. Able to more than I should and getting hungry after 2 hours. This is really frustrating!@!!!

I have had three fills and am at 3.4 in a 4 CC band. Nothing! I have thrown up several times, and gotten stuck but 0 weight loss. I can eat alot now and again and puke after 5 bites other times. I took am so disapointed as this was the last hope for me. Who would of thought I would have to try weight watchers because my bad wasn't working for me:thumbdown:?

I am got my 3rd fill 4/17/08. I finally have resriction. The first few days were restricted more, even with Water. I really had to sip slowly. I had one episode of pbing, and it was because I filled up my esofogus and food and spit came back up. Now just a few days later, I don't get "full" or "satisfied" at my meal, but I do fill up my stoma and throat. So I stop. I have been eating extremely slow and chewing well, so I actually get bored and give up eating after 30 mins. I'm not hungry anymore after eating, but I'm also not satisfied either. I'm just neutral. I think I need to give my brain time to adjust to this new feeling of "neutral". I have been getting hungry quickly again, like sometimes just an hour later. So I eat a high protien mini-meal and I'm back to neutral.

I had my band surgery in Feb, and did not get my 1'st fill until end of March. I can eat anything and fill no restrictions. I feel the weight lost is extremely slower than I thought it would be. I was not able to get insurance to cover this so I'm out of pocket $17,000.00. For that amount of money the last thing I want to hear someone say is you need to work out. Very frustrated with results

I had my band surgery in Feb, and did not get my 1'st fill until end of March. I can eat anything and fill no restrictions. I feel the weight lost is extremely slower than I thought it would be. I was not able to get insurance to cover this so I'm out of pocket $17,000.00. For that amount of money the last thing I want to hear someone say is you need to work out. Very frustrated with results

One fill is not enough for most people and generally it takes several. don't give up on your band yet. How often can you go for fills? Get another one!

I lost half of my weight with no exercise and have just recently started walking about three x a week. Weight loss is possible without exercise, but can make it harder and slower.