Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After which fill did YOU really start losing!

After which fill did YOU start losing??  

1 member has voted

1. 1. After which fill did YOU start losing??

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th or more!!

hi all,

I had my 2nd fill last friday and I am feeling it, its not my sweet spot but I finally have some restriction and feel like I could start to really loose some weight now. Good luck everyone...

I was getting really hungry eating the 1000-1300 calories a day until about my 3rd fill, total of 6cc's. After my first 2 fills I hit plateaus in the weight loss and started to get discouraged. I thought that was how I was suppose to fill. Didn't understand the whole sweet spot thing.

Now I'm at 7 cc's (had my surgery 5-8-08) and immediately started to drop the weight again. So hang in there, there really is a sweet spot for everyone and it's different but when you get there it is very obvious and makes it nearly impossible not to loose.

here is the part that sucks i think i am at my sweet spot ! I am not eating much i have major restriction but im still not losing the weight i just dont get it its been 10 mos since my surgery i too lost most of my weight before fills and only about another 15 since fills for a total of 40lbs i have 40 more to go so i am discouraged at this point so it is hard to say for everyone what experience your going to have good luck to everyone just take it one day at a time!!!!:rolleyes:

Jamie how many calories are you consuming a day? Maybe your not getting enough? If you are are you exercising? If still not loosing what does your doc say?

Wow that would be discouraging. I'm at 33 lbs lost with about 50 to go and in for another fill Wed. Think I need a bit of a tweak again. Hang in there...Keep us updated.

approx 1,200 cal a day and yes with the excercise prob not as much as i should 1-2 times a week but before summer from like march until mid june i worked out 3-4 times a week without losing either! My doc says its normal that slower is better hes not worried he origionally told me like 2 years to lose 80lbs he is not real agggressive with the process i only have 6cc in a 9cc band but thats the thing i am ok with restriction if any thing i might be a little too tight i cannot eat any bread which is ok but i also cannot eat much Protein maybe a little chicken sometmes no veggies ! so i resort to things that are maybe higher in calories so its like a vicicous circle it will be a year in october i lost most of it before my fills not much since so ya confusing!

Maybe ask him to unfil you a bit 1/2 cc so you can eat better choices. I am following another thread where she's lost 100 lbs or so by varying every 3 days the number of calories. 1 day around 850 next 2 around 1250 keeps the body guessing. I'm going to try that after my next fill and see how it works maybe worth a try. If your not getting enough Protein try the whey bullet's I mix mine with fruit punch crystal light yum! That way get in all my Protein no problem.

Keep in touch, good luck to you....

I have had 5 fills - (3cc, 3cc, .5cc, .5cc, .5cc) for a total of 7.5 cc in a 12cc. band. My doctor would only give me a fill once a month, but at this last visit I decided I didn't need a fill. I am losing about 1.5 lb. a week and yes, I think it's too slow but I am learning to be patient. Even at my sweet spot though, I have had to go back to using weight watchers to keep losing. I eat 24 points a day and journal faithfully. I kinda suck at exercising but I think when I lose a little more and exercising isn't so painful It will be more fun. I just bought the original Richard Simmons sweating to the oldies on DVD. I love that one!

Keep your eyes on the finish line and kick butt!

Penny