Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nykee's Food Journal

I really need to keep track. I am eating WAY TOO much!

Easter: March 27

8am

4 ounces grape juice............................15, 0, 70

11am

cake mix cookie................................. 8, 3, 65

Cookie dough 2 Cookies....................... 19, 7 140

Jelly Beans

12:30

3 spoonsfull deviled egg filling............... 2, 32, 320

2pm

1/2 deviled egg...........................................0, 5, 56

About 10 Egg noodles with parmesean sauce...... 22, 4, 155

3 meduim plain shrimp.......................................0, 0, 25

5 bites of dark meat chicken................................0, 1, 25

A cup of ceasar salad..........................................8, 11, 130

A peice of garlic bread about 2 inches by 2 inches.... 3, 4, 35

16 ounces of chocolate milk............................. 52, 9, 350

4pm

6 mini kit kat bites..................... 19, 8, 54

fruit Icee....................................63, 0, 247

7:30pm

KFC chicken snacker....................... 31, 16, 320

14ounces grape juice........................ 67, 0, 270

10:45

Easter cookie..(coconut, jellybeans)....... 39, 5, 210

8ounces milk 1%...................................11, 2, 100

11:50pm

fritos 2 ounces......................................30, 20, 320

8ounces milk......................11, 2, 100

TOTALS: TOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

Total when I added it up best I could on Fitday:

472 carbs

130 fat

3369 Calories

Notes:

Eye opening for sure. I LOVE FITDAY! (thanks to all who referred it) I cant wait to custom add everything and get exact totals!

I really hope I do not eat like this everyday.. I am in serious sh*t here. I am really upset. Am I ruining my band? I am scared.

I need a fill real bad. I am looking into getting it done here in Oregon, cheaper and less trouble. Thats really good news I just found out about today.

We'll see what I eat tomarrow to see if THIS HORRIFIC first entry has shocked me into any kind of sensibility!

I do love me!! I do love me. I do lov me. I do love me. I do love me. I do love me. I do love me. I do love me. I do love me. I do love me.

I do love me!! I do love me. I do lov me. I do love me. I do love me. I do love me. I do love me. I do love me. I do love me. I do love me.

Nykee, girl, I'm glad that you're using Fitday. It really does help show you what you're doing. I know today was Easter and there was a lot of junk food around (candies). But this isn't your normal day's diet, is it? Please concentrate on the types of foods that you are eating. Also, eating that much sugar is very dangerous, especially if you have diabetic tendencies.

You need to eat hard Proteins (lean, moist meats) first, then vegetables, and finally carbs (if still room left.) These type of foods will stay in your pouch longer, make you feel full longer, and prevent you from eating too much and too often. You will feel better too. A lot of carbs and sugar will make you tired and sluggish feeling. Try preparing your meal on a small salad plate. Take your time, chew well. Stop after 20 minutes and get up and away from the table. Wait one hour to drink liquids after any meals. Then get as much Water in as you can.

I'm so glad to see that you're feeling better about yourself! Keep loving and taking care of yourself. Take it one day at a time and try to make wise, healthy food choices. You can do it!

Nykee..try eating more Protein, it will help with hunger and fill you up and keep you full longer. The sugar you are consuming in all of that candy and Cookies is only making you want more sugar, the carbs you are eating in those parmessan noodles and cookies is only making you want more carbs. PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN, <Just try it for one day and see what I am talking about. Got to purge your system from all the carbs and sugar, the protein really really works to curb your hunger and keep you satisfied.

Hi Nykee -

Just an observation - 1137 of those calories were from LIQUIDS!!! Almost your whole day's calorie allotment!

The cookies/cookie dough/jelly beans/fritos/kit kats need no comment... :D But I think if you keep an eye on those liquid calories your counts will be much better... Those liquid calories are sneaky!!

:D

NewHope)

Nykee, girl, I'm glad that you're using Fitday. It really does help show you what you're doing. I know today was Easter and there was a lot of junk food around (candies). But this isn't your normal day's diet, is it?

girl)

No, its not my normal but it does happen..

Newhope)

Eating that much sugar is very dangerous, especially if you have diabetic tendencies.

girl)

I have diabeties. My points are 8.2 (whatever that means)

I realize it was alot of sugar, but I have had more than that..

Newhope)

You need to eat hard Proteins (lean, moist meats) first, then vegetables, and finally carbs (if still room left.)

girl)

I eat mixed foods. I dont cook. This sounds very hard to implement ot me.. BUt i know your right,

Newhope)

Wait one hour to drink liquids after any meals. Then get as much Water in as you can.

girl)

this is the hardest part! this is really where I need to concentrate.,

Lamadam,

I was on a low carb diet for the month before I got my lapband. I know how carbs work... and I know I am addicted to them (mostly in juice)

I hate low carbing.. but I am gonna try to keep em under 100 carbs a day after i get myt fill.

Jack)

I am diabetic. Simply put, if I ate this list it would kill me.

If I ate half of it, I would be driven into a chemical imbalance that would act like pouring kerosine on a fire to put it out. Those carbs and sugars simply have no place in a human body.

girl)

I have diabeties and nothing happens to me.. I am grumpy and emotional and OBESE is all I can tell anyway.

I used to drink a gallon of juice a day and eat like 10 Cookies (not two)(like Oreo's) and whole candy car (not a few mini bites) and Nothing happened then either. Doesnt mean I should do it, I KNOW I shouldnt.

I got my blood done for diabeties two weeks ago and the level was 8.2..

I dont know what that means.. cept my doctor said he would like it at 8.0

Jack)

I was never a person who could eat one donut....If I had ONE that would put me in a frenzy where 6 or 10 were not enough...

I slowly learned I could manage by NOT taking that first bite...just about like an alcoholic.

Girl)

I have never done that. I have never consumed a whole bag of chips, or pizza or a quart of icecream or anything even close to that.

I eat too much. I awknowlege that. My meals are not real big though.

Though they need to be WAY WAY SMALLER!!

Donali)

Just an observation - 1137 of those calories were from LIQUIDS!!! Almost your whole day's calorie allotment! Those liquid calories are sneaky!!

girl)

I know, its horrible. I been addicted to milk and juice for like 10 years. Over a gallon a day habit up until I was banded. This is so much less.. but still way more than reasonable.

NOT drinking with food is gonna be my biggest challenge.

Thanks everyone for your input and advice, its very welcome.

Sorry if any of my process distrsses anyone.

I do not claim to be a model lapband patient but I will be 100% honest.

I didnt get this thing because I WAS ABLE to control my habits, I got it because I couldnt... The truth is, I am gonna have to be reallly tightly banded for this to work OR GET MY HEAD OUT OF MY ASS.. and that hasnt happened in all these years so I dont see it happening now... BUT YA NEVER KNOW>

I AM TRYING.. IN MY honestly.. do not mistake it for My being apathetic and not trying. I am doing MY best.

10am

3ounces grape juice ......................11, 0, 58

12pm

One cup corn chex ..........................25, .5, 110

1/4 cup heavy cream......................4, 20, 200

1/4 cup 1% milk........................... 3, .8, 25

3 fritos ................................ 1.5, 2.5, 40

3:30

chicken Snacker ...................31, 16, 320

8 ounces milk 1%...................11, 2, 100

So far

carb: 86.5

fat: 53.5

calories: 853

Soooooooooooooo IF I stop tight now.. I will be OK

But I havnt had dinner yet.. LOL

I am going to the YMCA and to Aqua Aerobics from 6:45 to 9pm

(thats 15 minutes from now)

I SHOULD eat something for dinner that will keep my carb total under 100

NO more fat!

and I have about 350 calories left to stay under 1200 calories.

Hummmmm

I didnt even try (I am not going to be trying very hard these days)

I should decide right now what to have.. But I aint gonna.

(I need more organization and order in my life)

P.S. I DO NOT LIKE Aqua Aerobics, it boring and I cant "work harder" becasue my back makes it impossible.. I rather sit here at the computer!

Good for me for going!

Loves to all and myself

EDITED:

food to add to above:

6:40pm

chocolate banana frozen yogart shake.........100, 3, 450

9:30pm

1/2 cup parm noodles.......................20, 7, 170

8 ounces 1% milk............................11, 2, 100

10:00

Sugar cookie..................................8, 3, 65

8 ounces 1% milk............................11, 2, 100

11:45 pm

Egg salad sandwitch......................26, 23, 377

16 ounces chocolate milk................66, 5, 360

Carbs: 328.5

fat: 98.5

Calories: 2475

Notes:

I didnt even want nor did that egg sandwitch feel good at all..

Lets see

With out it and the milk I had with it, my counts would be: 236, 70, 1738.

Thats so much better!

Well.. Maybe tomarrow I will actually TRY to do good and see what happens..

My Proposed menu tomarrow is:

8 ounces grape juice

Parm noodles 1/2 cup, 3 shrimps or bit of chicken, small salad, 16 ounces milk.

1 can tomatoe Soup and half a cheese sand and 16 ounces milk...

(eat late.. go to bed early... to avoid this night time eating!)

The counts are approx: 125 carb, 50Fat, 1400Cal

THAT WOULD BE GREAT!

Thats plenty of food, there should be NO reason why I cant just eat that much.. its all food I enjoy and I wouldnt call it a 'good diet' BUt the carb, cal and fat counts are decent.

I could do alot better, but my mentality is still in "I Dont wanna diet.. no fair, I tried dieting for 15 yrs and I am not surpose to have to THINK of dieting!"

The lapband resrtiction is awesome.. Not only do you have restriction, you dont CARE! You eat what you can and somehow thats enough for the brain,

I know I wont continue to eat if I have PB's or feel uncomfortable!

I GET MY FILL ON APRIL 20th.. I CANT WAIT!!!!!

Nykee, how long did it take you to lose the 41 pounds? That is a very wonderful weight loss! The reason for eating hard Proteins and vegetables are so you'll feel full longer. The band is made to work w/solid foods, not liquids. If you're drinking a lot of liquid calories, it's not going to matter how tight you're filled. The liquids go right through your band and leave you still feeling hungry, so you'll just drink more calories, and it's a vicious cycle. This will slow your weight loss down. You say you don't cook. How about picking up some of the Starkist "Tuna Creations"? How about some low-calorie frozen dinners? They're not good for all of the time because they have a high sodium (salt) content. Do you eat salads? There are healthy alternatives out there without having to cook. I am so proud of you for using Fitday and being responsible.

We're all trying to learn how to eat healthier, Nykee. None of us have been able to do it on our own. That's why we got a band. Have you tried using a recumbant stationary bicycle? That should be easier for your back. Hang in there and please be proud of the job you've done so far. (((Hugs)))

Jack,

In an attempt to understand your post, i read it many times. Thanks for trying so hard to explain it. I do not take it seriously at all.. as long as my doctor doesnt freak out, I tend to think its ok.. Thats not smart, I know...

I really believe all this will get better in time. I am not being a 'good' banster right now, but I will.. I KNOW I will..

(jack)

moodiness, tiredness, confusion, inability to concentrate, daytime sleepiness, etc etc...

girl)

Its Impossible for me to link these with my diabeties.. BUT I have every single one. In fact, I have turned into a real 'dummy' (my words) when I had always been extra smart, quick.. ya know (in my family anyway) and now I cant keep a though straight and its a daily battle of the witts..

I HOPE its not my diabeties.. I always blame it on my back and my pain and my lack of oxygen from huffing and puffing around and the stress on me to function with this morbid obesity and lumbar disc disease.

Again.. as I gain control of the obesity.. the back gets fusions (and better) and my diabeties gets better and I really hope that list above gets better

(i tend to think thats just my personality and who I am now)

Thank you so much for your advice!!!

NewHope)

Nykee, how long did it take you to lose the 41 pounds?

girl)

One month.

NewHope)

The band is made to work w/solid foods, not liquids. If you're drinking a lot of liquid calories, it's not going to matter how tight you're filled. The liquids go right through your band and leave you still feeling hungry, so you'll just drink more calories, and it's a vicious cycle.

girl)

Well.. Liquid IS reduced ALOT.. I do have restriction in that area. I used to drink 5 to 8 glasses of milk at a meal... Now its one or two.. which is still too much.. but better anyway..

BUT I know what you mean. This will be my biggest struggle. When I lost the 41 pounds in a month, there was a no milk and no juice rule..... But I kept telling my self "its only a month, its only a month.. I can have it again just in small amounts.. well 'small' to me isnt so small..LOL

Newhope)

This will slow your weight loss down. You say you don't cook. How about picking up some of the Starkist "Tuna Creations"? How about some low-calorie frozen dinners? They're not good for all of the time because they have a high sodium (salt) content. Do you eat salads? There are healthy alternatives out there without having to cook. I am so proud of you for using Fitday and being responsible.

girl)

Well.. I am not being responsible with food and my band.. I had counted on the restriction WAY too much I am affraid and alittle scared that its looking to be back on my shoulders.. I dont trust in myself, i have always failed my self (in this area) BUT.. I do very well when I set my mind to it (like the no milk and juice rule for that month... as an example)

The south beach people have some TV dinner type foods on the market now.

I am gonna give those a try. I do know about the healthy alternatives out there.. I have lost lots of weight, many times..(I always gain it back)

NewHope)

Have you tried using a recumbant stationary bicycle? That should be easier for your back. Hang in there and please be proud of the job you've done so far. (((Hugs)))

girl)

thank you.. your support is very much helpfull.. more than I thought it may be.. (I made this thread just to look at for me mostly)

I dont know what a recumbant is.. but i am gonna google it..

I dont think YMCA has anything but reular stationary bikes that I cant do..

Thanks again

Nykee..It is great you cut your calories way down yesterday , but by looking at your intake yesterday I see hardly NO Protein, still lots of liquids. Protein is key to a successful bandster, carbs and liquids will sabatoge you . If you need liquids in the morning try a Protein Shake instead of juice. Are you drinking with your meals?? That is a NO NO for bandsters. Or do you wait an hour like we are suppossed to to drink after a meal?? Seems like you are making a great attempt and huge kudos to you for it, but remember certain foods work better for bandsters. Try to eat more protein and just see if it makes a difference. I guarantee your hunger will be reduced and so wil lyour cravings :)

Thanks everyone, I just tried out fitday.com and it is wonderful. I would also like to share with you something one of the girls in my docs office told me, I was talking with her about my progress and she told me to buy myself one of those new cute charm braclets and add a new charm for every ten or twenty pounds lost, just as a reminder of what I have accomplished and for something to work for, after all who wants an empty charm braclet?? I am going to go shop for one.

lamadam)

I see hardly NO Protein, still lots of liquids. If you need liquids in the morning try a Protein shake instead of juice. Are you drinking with your meals?? That is a NO NO for bandsters. Or do you wait an hour like we are suppossed to to drink after a meal??

girl)

I AM drinking with my meals. I know I am not surpose to. I HAVE to Make it a rule and I intend to do so soon. I really hope my fill motivates me not to do it. IF NOt I will HAVE to do it on my own.. I am gonna have to be forced into it.

Its gonna be my biggest challenge.

I will google high Protein foods.... and see what I like and what wont feel like a 'diet" and try to fool my brain... I am not really motivated by hunger.. BUT if I feel all full, i will eat less cuz I dont like that feeling you get on the band when you eat too much..

THANK YOU!!!

Nykee

Here is a site with lots of high Protein foods. Hope it helps :)

http://www.highproteinfoods.net/

There are lots of tasty high Protein foods

I wish you luck in winning the battle with drinking withyour meals, this makes a huge difference in weight loss when you accomplish it.

When are you going for yourfill? Are you going back to Dr. Ortiz, if so let me know maybe I can meet you there, I live fairly close to his office and will be going in for my year check-up

Well, I have a fill on April 20th.. BUt I am doing it locally. (Portland Oregon)

I love Dr. Ortiz .. (alot) BUT, I cant afford it or tolerate the trip on my own.

I wish we could meet though, that would be awesome.

I hear he is gonna use your photo's in an infomercial.. thats so neat!!

How many grams of Protein are we to have a day?

I had 75grams yesterday and 89grams the day before (according to fitday)

I was told 30 grams a day by ORtiz for the post op diet.

let me search a minute.

Ok so I found a site where I divide my weight by 2.2 to find the kilogram then I multiply that number by 0.8 and well I got 135 grams..

I am surpose to have 135 grams of Protein a day?

Sheesh???!!!

9am

4 ounces Orange juice

12pm

8 ounces orange juice

3:15pm

1 can Tomatoe Soup (healthy request) with milk.

24 ounces of milk. 1%

Grilled cheese sand. Whole, with 2 ounces cheese.< /p>

6:10pm

6 Nutter Butter Cookies

2 cups 1% Milk

so far:

Carb: 209

Fat: 86

Cal: 1886

Protein: 80

I should go to bed now..

Nykee, it's looking good. You might want to try some foods that you have to chew, they'll stay with you longer. Keep up the good work!