Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After surgery check in for Avengers!

I love being able to read about fellow April recoveries. This forum is the only place I have to get support from other "to be bandsters." I can't wait to read more. I'm just 2 wks pre-op.

P3photogal, I LOVE your ticker!

Head in the sand, to excercise, to the lovely graceful flamingo!!! Great!

hi checking in 2 days post op. Feeling better. Walking, walking, walking around the house. No gas pains.....yet. maybe i'll be one of the lucky ones. Picked up some in the house and got recycling ready for tomorrow and was pooped. Not a lot of stamina...but i'll get there. No appetite yet...keep sipping Water. DH has been WONDERFUL:biggrin:....he's dieting too.

I'm 2 days post op and feeling good. Like Carol I have no appetite. That is such a weird feeling. I would look at food and want to eat it. Last night my DH and son were making themselves dinner. It smelled sooo good, but I didn't even want any. This morning I had chicken broth for Breakfast. I just wanted something warm. I made some sf jellos this morning. For anyone with gas pains try a heating pad. I had some gas pains in the center of my back and used the heating pad and felt so much better. I thought I was going to have to sleep in the recliner but was able to sleep in my bed and get a really decent nights sleep. All in all this was not a bad experience. Good luck to all still waiting for their big day! Keep us posted!

Hi fellow bandsters -- hey, it sounds so neat to say that! I've got my band!! :-) Surgery was yesterday morning, just arrived home today. Feel sore, sound like about what everybody else is feeling, and some gas pains are brewing. Feell SO bloated! Having "full liquids" today, and tomorrow am allowed to start pureed food. Not hungry at all! Pain meds helping, but getting up and turning over are the hard parts. Working on walking more to get things moving - but only so much to do in the house - raining outside here and cold!

Take care!

Well, I was supposed to have my surgery tomorrow, 11th. Not happening now. Insurance took to long for approval so now I'm on for the 18th.

Livn4jesus,

So sorry to hear your date was delayed. I can imagine how hard it is to wait! I know how it was for me. Every day seemed to last so long. Hang in there -- it's only 7 more days! You'll be a bandster VERY soon!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I am finally feeling up to typing. I was banded yesterday about 10:00 and I was at home by 2:00 (the same day). I pretty much came home and laid down - I was really tired/dizzy from the anesthesia. I found the couch and recliner are more comfortable than my bed. If I lay down on my back the gas/pressure on my chest is greater. Burping has really helped relieve it.

I did have an incident at the hospital. I was in the PreOp waiting area. The anesthesiologist came by to ask me questions. Well, my IV was wrapped up in my cover (it was a long hose). He fixed that. Of course, the chicken I am, was bawling since they first took me back. I cried all the way to surgery. Anyway, back to my point, he ended up tripping on my IV wire and ripped the sucker out. Not that I was already nervous - but now blood is flowing everywhere and he is calming freaking out a bit. He and the nurse got the bleeding to stop and he put the IV back into my other hand (took 2x - I'm a difficult stick). He finally brought around the good stuff to calm me down. At least he got me to quit crying :sad_smile:

Other than the IV thing everything went smoothly. I have had absolutly no appetite. I have to remind myself to eat something. I was able to eat some chicken broth, a popcycle, three or four bites of Jello, Water and Gatoraide. I'm getting around better than I thought I would. Like everyone else my tummy is making some intersting sounds.

I hope everyone posts their updates soon. I am anxious to see how everyone is doing (4/10/08).

Oh Leslie- I am right there with you girl! I cried like a baby while waiting for my IV, while the wrapped my legs, and while I was not with my family...right up until they put me out. Then I woke up crying from anesthesia. Its not the pain, or anything terrible, its just a reaction I have...same thing happend when I got an IV and had my wisdom teeth pulled! I just have an internal fear. But the bottom line is this- the whole experience when off exactly as planned, and the pain was minimal. I feel like such an idiot when I cry like that...but I can't stop it. I felt much better when they brough my dh in and he held my hand, after I woke up...I guess everyone reacts differently. My mom is just fine with it! Its like a walk in the park with her!

Well, I was supposed to have my surgery tomorrow, 11th. Not happening now. Insurance took to long for approval so now I'm on for the 18th.

Same here Livn4jesus! We can deal w/ our disappointing delay together. Mine was due to being on phentermine, so now I have to wait till the 18th to. Oh well, we will get there!

I am one week post op today and feeling really good! I go back to work on Monday. I actually cooked dinner yesterday and today. I can't eat it but my family is happy to have it! I made Lentil Soup today so I can put that in the blender and have that for dinner tonight. I got alot more fluids in today. I have had 40 oz of Water which is something for me! My husband and I are going shopping tonight at Target and I may try a small coffee at Starbucks. Hang in there everyone!

Hello everyone, I'm back and banded....YES...its about time....feeling great, I have slept most of the day today, yesterday was about a 15 hour day of traveling after being banded on the 8th....so I needed to sleep today..I havent really had any pain just sore and bloated feeling, not really any gas either, so I feel pretty lucky. I haven't been hungry either, it was weird to smell food cooking and not make me hungry, so I took a bite to just taste it and spit it out. I'm glad to hear everyone is doing ok...

I am being banded the 15th. I am so excited and nervous at the sametime. Reading the post I think the most I have to put up with is the gas and being uncomfortable with the port. I hope everything goes fine with mine.

Chilly

Surgery Wednesday. Scheduled 10:30, but Dr. and OR were overbooked, so actually happened about 2:30. I was STARVING!, but that improved after Nurse Jan started the IV... on the first try. (Yay Nurse Jan!) A little pain and nausea while sitting in recovery, but the meds fixed that. After the barium swallow, I could have gone home, but I had to wait for the poor nurse, who was SWAMPED. Finally started home in the rain about 6:30.

Made it safely, and George the Cat appointed himself my new nurse. He stays right with me.

I was very bloated Thursday, but the winds broke that night. I blew out a hemorrhoid, which hurts worse than the surgery sites.

I'm on Clear Liquids for a week, then full for a week, then mushy, etc. Basically broth and popsicles right now.

I'm down 25 pounds since starting this journey last October.

Had surgery on the 2nd, went home same day.

Days 2-4 were the most difficult to get through.

It's now been 13 days since surgery and I feel 100% recovered (except for a few scabs on my scars).

Now I just have to wait for the first fill...