Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello from South Carolina

...I have more energy, and just wake up each day, with a new look on life. I no longer think about how I can kill time, to make the day pass, I wake up and look forward to walking, making my little drinks, and finding ways to use this new energy, in a good way. No longer is this a wish, or a dream…it’s reality and I am transforming to a better me each new day.

Randall I can't tell you how happy your post made me. What a great attitude you have and I'm SO happy for you!! Please keep us posted on your progress, it's very encouraging for those of us who are still waiting to be approved for surgery. :)

Randall I can't tell you how happy your post made me. What a great attitude you have and I'm SO happy for you!! Please keep us posted on your progress, it's very encouraging for those of us who are still waiting to be approved for surgery. :thumbup:

Thank you for saying that:-) You keep on until you have your surgery done. You will be posting great things sooner than you think. God bless you, Randall

Thank you for saying that:-) You keep on until you have your surgery done. You will be posting great things sooner than you think. God bless you, Randall

Thank you Randall for your encouragement:cool2:!!!

Prior to the surgery, I didn't care about doing anything, but eat and take a shower. I guess the most difficult thing for me for so far, is giving up the soft drinks. Before the surgery I would consume about 8 cans of Pepsi a day, and never Water, now that has reversed. I have more energy, and just wake up each day, with a new look on life. I no longer think about how I can kill time, to make the day pass, I wake up and look forward to walking, making my little drinks, and finding ways to use this new energy, in a good way. No longer is this a wish, or a dream…it’s reality and I am transforming to a better me each new day. I wish each of you the best, and I will keep you in my prayers. Please do the same for me.

:thumbup: Yaa-Hoo! What a great post. Thanks Randall. You expressed so many feelings and thoughts I've had. I have not had my surgery yet but it is encouraging to know the good that lies ahead for me. May God bless your decision and your health. Thanks again. :lol:

Whew! I just got off the phone with my doctor's office. They have had a cancellation and my surgery is now scheduled for Monday! I can barely think straight! So many things I need to get done. I'm excited but unsure I can pull this off so fast. :biggrin: EEK!

Hey friends I got some good and bad news !!! so here goes the good news is they submitted my insurance all came back good. The bad news is the Doctor says I got fatty liver and he feels best to get the weight off fast so he wants me to do the gastric bypass insted of the lapband so I guess i will do that insted of the lapband but he did say if he goes in ther to do it and finds somthing wrong he will continue with the lapband SO everyone please wish me luck Thanks Jason :biggrin::tongue_smilie:

Hello Everyone! I am hoping to be banded in NOV. I am going thru Riverside surgical in lexington. They are the only doctors in columbia that are covered by my insurance. I have to complete 6 months of supervised diet before I can even apply for approval for insurance. Oh by the way I live in Newberry SC. I did not realize all the steps you have to go through to be banded. I have had a psych eval, orinatation, diet counseling, sleep study ( which I failed), and now I need cardiac clearence and to see a pulmonologist. I will have my out of pocket met before I have my surgery. The closer I get the more scared I get.

Hey Friends...It's been going well. I have started working out three days a week with a personal trainer, and how good it feels! I want to tell you the best thing that has happend, so far. I went to the doctor today, and they checked my blood pressure, and was amazed! Prior to the surgery and weight loss, my pressure ran 190/110 with three pills a day. Today, it was 140/80. I was told to stop taking one of my meds. This is great news for me. This is what I had the surgery for, not to look good, but to be healthy and get off all of the medications. Well, I weighed in and have lost a total of 29.3 lbs. I am under 220; and have about 50 more lbs to go. My personal goal is to be at my ideal weight on or before New Years day! Have a great weekend. I will repost when they give me a fill or in about a month. Randall:thumbup:

weight.png

Edited by rlp864
ticker not working

Hi, I live in Elgin, SC...getting things going to have the surgery..My dr is either Dr Tribble or Dr Prickett in Columbia...let me know if anyone has used either of them! I go Sept 18th to pay the first $250 and hopefully everything goes smooth...Tricare has given me the OK to go, so hopefully the Insurance won't be an issue! I HOPE NOT!!! I'm a Type 1 Diabetic, with a BMI of 38 and a few other comorbidities (not sure the spelling on that) so I hope everything goes well!! Good luck to everyone!

Hi, I am from Columbia and using Riverside Surgical, Dr Antonetti. No date yet but most hoops jumped through. I am Tricare also and am interested in your experiences with them.

I am happy to have this SC thread.

Mimilou

Hi, I live in Elgin, SC...getting things going to have the surgery..My dr is either Dr Tribble or Dr Prickett in Columbia...let me know if anyone has used either of them! I go Sept 18th to pay the first $250 and hopefully everything goes smooth...Tricare has given me the OK to go, so hopefully the Insurance won't be an issue! I HOPE NOT!!! I'm a Type 1 Diabetic, with a BMI of 38 and a few other comorbidities (not sure the spelling on that) so I hope everything goes well!! Good luck to everyone!

hey I got the same doctors , i live here in lugoff and I got to tell you this they are real good doctors ,and office staff but the 250 deal i did not understand cause after i paied it i found another doctors office in columbia that was less but did not not take one of my other insurances only took one but it was cheaper so i said what the heck i already paied the two fifty but other than that they are great and i have not had my surgery yet hope to have it by next month also by paing the 250 does not mean you will get the surgery done that is what they told me but I hope everything goes well for you and good luck keep me informed with your progress ----jason:thumbup:

Well I'm glad to hear that you guys like Dr Tribble and Dr Prickett's office...thats always good to have a nice Dr's office and staff...What all tests did you have to do using them before the surgery? I know all dr's are different...I've heard from some blood test, EKG, psyc eval...but what else is there? I'm hoping to get everything done quickly!! At the Seminar they said normally once you get your first appt you can have your surgery 6-8 weeks from then...so we'll see about that! So for me the end of Oct or sometime in Nov...which would be a good time!! Thank you for any information any of you have while I'm just waiting and hoping to get all the test and stuff done quick!!

Well I'm glad to hear that you guys like Dr Tribble and Dr Prickett's office...thats always good to have a nice Dr's office and staff...What all tests did you have to do using them before the surgery? I know all dr's are different...I've heard from some blood test, EKG, psyc eval...but what else is there? I'm hoping to get everything done quickly!! At the Seminar they said normally once you get your first appt you can have your surgery 6-8 weeks from then...so we'll see about that! So for me the end of Oct or sometime in Nov...which would be a good time!! Thank you for any information any of you have while I'm just waiting and hoping to get all the test and stuff done quick!!

Well I had to get a cardio. clearence and stress test and blood work upper GI and Phyic eval and take 1 class on nutrition and a liver altrasound cause i got eleivated liver function level they said caused by medication . Anyways i think that was it all yea they was going to send me for a sleep test also as well but said I didn't need one what takes so long is all the test results to get back to them but other than that thats about it for me :thumbup: some people it is different do to insurance it depends on what they require

I don't know how much of that I will have to have done..I don't really have any problems other than the Type 1 Diabetes, so hopefully just the "normal" test and nothing extra....and you are right I'm sure they take their sweet time getting the results to the dr and then dealing with the Insurance, I hope thats not a nightmare!!!