Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello from South Carolina

Hi Tammygirl I to will be banded in Augusta. Dr. Blaney will be doing my surgery. I am waiting to graduate from college before I am having the surgery so I will be getting banded on May 12th. Keep us posted and I hope everything goes well for you!!!!

Hey there all you SC folks! I live in Lexington, but I'm from Spartanburg originally. Riverside Surgical, Dr. Antonetti, did my surgery at LMC. I love my band! Keep us updated on how y'all are doing!

Kelli

Hi Kelly! I was considering LMC, but opted for Baptist because it is a little closer to home and I was familiar with one of the doctors there. Congratulations and good luck!

Edited by kathystrick

I had my surgery done in Galveston TX and right now I am so close to started eating soft foods my 2 week check up is tomorrow and I am excited to see how much weight has come off, Alot of people are telling me that I have lost weight excited:thumbup:

Hi Kelly! I was considering LMC, but opted for Baptist because it is a little closer to home and I was familiar with one of the doctors there. Congratulations and good luck!

A friend of mine had surgery about 3 weeks ago at Baptist. She liked it there, and is doing very well!

Which dr. did she use, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't remember off the top of my head, but I will call her tomorrow and ask her. I'll let you know.

Kelly! I just looked at your stats...40 pounds down in the 2 months since surgery?? You go girl!!! That really is awesome. You are doing great!!

Dr. Prickett did my friend's surgery. She actually works at Baptist. She says she's been very pleased with him.

Thanks for the compliment! I lost a lot in the first couple of weeks on the liquid diet. It has tapered off some, but I'm still losing steadily. The key for me has been walking and eating Protein and veggies before carbs. I couldn't be happier with my band! I'm going tomorrow for a fill. I'm excited about having a little more restriction.

Keep in touch!

Hi I am from SC as well, however I now live in Mississippi. I am attending my first seminar on Monday. How long do you have to wait between to consult and surgery?

Hello All, I have completed everything required, and I have a pre-op visit on the 26th. I am looking forward to the surgery to be scheduled in the middle of July. If you are just starting your journey, don't get discouraged. When you attend your first seminar, they will give you a list of what has to take place before surgery...it seems impossible to get all that’s required completed, but you can. I attended my first class in April 08, completed the required supervised diet in May, and just completed all of my mental and nutritional evaluations. The next step is for me to get the surgery date setup. So, if you work at it, just in your spare time, you can be ready for surgery within 90 days of your first meeting. I will post again soon. :grouphug:

Congratulations!! I myself is done with everything and all i got to do is come up with the extra $250 for my pre opt. surgery , well the 250 is for the program fee i had to pay 250 up front and then 250 again on my pre opt apointment but my wife had our new baby boy and now its real hard for me to come up with the extra cash due to the fact I'm disabled and have a fixed income so I really dont know when I will come up with it :unsure: I wish they will let me pay payments but i guess Dr. Tribbles office won't allow it I had the money a couple of times but they wouldn't take it , saying that i got to get all my clearances first :) now I spent the money on baby stuff and it is really hard for me to come up with the money right now so again Congratulations!! Everyone please pray for me and my family and keep me on the prayer list for my finacial needs

PS I still can't figure out how to do my ticker thing can some one send me a link again LOL !!!! :lol::(

Jason, I know how you feel. I was disabled after a car accident in 2006, In 2006 prior to the accident, I was making a six figure income and the world was looking good to me. After the accident, I make the maximum amount that SS will pay to me and my two children. Being in my early thirties, I didn't see the need to buy disability insurance, now I wish that I had it. I rely on Jesus to see my through. Sure I can't have the finer things that I had prior to my disability, but I still have my two children, and the unwavering love of a great home and church family. So, I wanted to tell you that I will pray for you daily. I believe that our God can do anything, and I know that he will smile upon you and your family in your time of need. May the lord Jesus; bless you and keep you always. With sincere brotherly love, yours, Randall Price

P.s. To keep this on subject; I guess I should say something about lapband. I appreciate your prayers as I go Thursday 06/26/08, to have my surgery scheduled. I need a July date, as I am going back to school to become a Funeral Director, and leave for classes in late August. Thank you in advance for your prayers.