Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We ready for a Black President?

Are we ready for a Black President?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are we ready for a Black President?

• Yes
    • No

Regarding Jimmy Carter meeting with Hamas for instance....well I think

we have diplomatic levels for some type of dialogues ,even though it's happened before when a president who meets with a hostile leader might run into problems, Nixon in China for example... but I think it's still an option in some cases.

I don't think that if we don't agree with another country's views we should just declare war on them or bomb them , even if they present a threat to our country ,we could still use diplomacy to try to solve the problems and war being the last option only after we have exhausted all other options, otherwise sure war is stupid, sometimes in history it has been necessary though and it's so unfortunate because losing lives is the ultimate loss, completely agree with that. As a republican, one of the things I liked about Ronald Reagan is that he was traitorous (sp..?) he tried it whenever it was possible and I think it was a good thing, therefore I don't think that diplomacy instead war is unpatriotic, I don't think that at all, but Jimmy Carter meeting with Hamas? that makes absolutely no sense to me (IMHO) actually Obama who I don't particularly share political views with, he even draws the line at meeting with Hamas, and I'm aware of his position of meeting with other heads of states, but he said that he didn't agree with Carter's decision to go forward with that meeting because he doesn't support negotiations with Hamas until they renounce terrorism, recognize Israel's right to exist, and abide by past agreements. As much as Obama and Bush don't agree on mostly anything, Obama said that he would break with Bush's stance of declining to talk to some other international adversaries but that stance does not apply to Hamas, so it's pretty much a shared position among republicans and democrats.

The way I see it, its perfectly normal for terrorists to meet with each other and normal for heads of state to meet with each other, but the gathering or mixing of head of states and terrorists is detrimental to the human cause.

Edited by ELENATION

Oh I see. Fox News is THE ONLY biased news organization. Oh okay. Isn't it ironic that liberals can have their voice, but a conservative better shut the hell up. Why is that? I thought liberals were all for freedom of speech. Does that right only apply to them? Conservatives aren't allowed to have a voice? Nope. We have to just keep our opinions to ourselves because how dare we voice an opinion!!

The liberal media is everywhere - ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, Headline News and yes, gasp, even Fox (there is a Colmes to the Hannity side). So there is a news network, Fox, that leans to the right. SO FRIGGIN' WHAT?! In my opinion, liberals rants about Fox so much because they can't STAND the fact that people are listening to Fox News. It's not enough that there is a plethora of liberal news reporting agencies, ohhhh noooo, Fox must be destroyed!

Keith Olbermann spends most of his air time ranting against Fox. It's hysterical. He practically foams at the mouth with rantings against Fox. Hey, here's a thought. If Fox is so wrong, if they're so lacking in integrity and spewing lies out of the pit of hell, then WHO CARES? Doesn't that make them irrelevant? They shouldn't be a concern to the liberals, now should they? It's the liberal media that gives Fox News its biggest voice! DUH!

I know. I know. You're going to say that Fox News lies, etc. Blah blah blah. I forgot - CNN, MSNBC, Headline News - they're all purveyors of truth. Keith Olbermann, Jon Stewart, Chris Matthews and all the rest - they're not biased. They don't lean one way or the other. They are the epitome of fair reporting. Always seeing both sides. Equally hard on the liberals and conservatives. Right?! Right?!

Not.

Yeah, I didn't think so. You can continue being delusional. I'm not going to even bother arguing this point any longer. As my Grandpa always said, "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."

I don't want them to shut up .... as far as how they want to spin something do what you do boo boo but when they start (as they do) outright lying and making things up i have a problem.

I shouldn't have to look something up after seeing on the NEWS and find out that its either False or Completely MADE FUCKING UP.

that is my issue with fox news ... and thats not mho thats a fact bill o and other have been caught in outright lies or flat out MAKING SHIT UP and for any news agency that is unacceptable. Fox news has run stories that EVERY other news agency from cnn to the bbc and cbs to the AP and Reuters has dis proved or just flat out called BS.

SO yes let them have their voice but stop making stuff up and lying to have their way.

and again bias= typical

Lying and making stuff up=reprehensible

and while they are at it they could stand to jump off the W bandwagon.

i also find it funny that you throw John Steward in there who works for COMEDY CENTRAL who never makes fun or cracks a joke about one side of the issue without getting at the other side too... Buts Seriously hes a "Political Satirist" he is not a News anchor. Hes is not held to the same standard and a supposed NEWS AGENCY.

Yea from time to time i have seen Olbermann get it wrong but the thing is .... he apologizes and corrects himself.

and hows this for just getting the right wing side of things : referencing the first vid i posted from fox news to you a congratulatory dap is now to be known as a "terrorist fist jab"

if you can spin that one ericalyn you get the right wing debater of the year award.

and to answer the question of if that makes them irrelevant ... no it doesn't and great quote my uncle used to use Never underestimate stupid people in large numbers.

Edited by TheWatcher

I get tired of turning on the news and seeing all of this bullshit against Obama on fox. I turn on fox and I see Hannity and colmes saying that they don't think Obama will win unless he has Hillary or they say McCain is going to win because he believes in what George W does. It gets old. And then Bill O omg I can't even explain how he infuriates me sometimes. I don't just watch one news channel. I skim through all of them like Fox, ABC, CNN, CNN headline, all those lovely channels.

And yes to agree with Watcher, Fox does have a lot of stories that I have had to look up info on to see what the fuck they were talking about...and in turn finding out what they were talking about was complete and utter bullshit.

Well Elenation I wasn't actually thinking about Hamas as far as negotiation and diplomacy are concerned.

I was referring to the big uproar that came about when Bush was in Israel meeting with their leaders and made an assinine comment about Obama wanting to talk with our enemies. And then John McCain jumped on it and backed up the president and even went further with it. He even at some point declared that Obama has no business speaking about the war in Iraq because he's never been in the military. Good God. I know things get said in the heat of the moment, but the guy is so off the wall on that it is scary. I actually used to think I liked McCain but again I was wrong. Like I said, I've learned a lot and am still learning.

I wish politicians would treat each other with some level of respect. Debate the issues, drop the personal garbage. But I'm dreaming if I really think that could happen. Although I'm hoping Obama will be so cool that he makes the others look like idiots for making such outrageous accusations and declarations about him.

Well Elenation I wasn't actually thinking about Hamas as far as negotiation and diplomacy are concerned.

I was referring to the big uproar that came about when Bush was in Israel meeting with their leaders and made an assinine comment about Obama wanting to talk with our enemies. And then John McCain jumped on it and backed up the president and even went further with it. He even at some point declared that Obama has no business speaking about the war in Iraq because he's never been in the military. Good God. I know things get said in the heat of the moment, but the guy is so off the wall on that it is scary. I actually used to think I liked McCain but again I was wrong. Like I said, I've learned a lot and am still learning.

I wish politicians would treat each other with some level of respect. Debate the issues, drop the personal garbage. But I'm dreaming if I really think that could happen. Although I'm hoping Obama will be so cool that he makes the others look like idiots for making such outrageous accusations and declarations about him.

BJ, I hear you, when you hear a bold statement like that about someone you like from your party, it sure can be irritating, I personally am not too much for having a talk to "some" of the heads of states ,I think I would like that process to be very selective and based on each individual case/country, etc... unfortunately there are some out there that have already been dealt with that way and they haven't offered anything positive from their part, no cooperation from their part.., instead they use it to their advantage, but if done carefully and considering the individual/government, etc , it could be positive.

One thing is 100% true, politicians need to treat each other with respect, and not use personal attacks, by doing that, it makes all of us the voters to see them in a different light as well ,and it makes the voters respect them. When you see a politician that is either lying and disrespecting, even if you like their views, you lose respect for them, I do cut them some slack, I mean, they are human and they can make mistakes sometimes and say something that may seem like a lie, but it was really an honest mistake, I do try to have an open mind, but sometimes it's too much and becomes unacceptable you know..

What's with the F bombs and "bullshit"? What's with the swearing? Let's bring it out of the gutter folks or is that where liberals are used to fighting? They're so good at slinging mud.

Does anyone think that Obama fears being assassinated in this day and age if he becomes president?

Does anyone think that Obama fears being assassinated in this day and age if he becomes president?

I know we all think it but did you have to bring this up?

it depresses me.

I have feared that for him from the beginning and I hope it doesn't happen, but I can't help it.

My husband's grandfather was a President's body guard when you didn't need "pope mobile" type equipment, he carried a gun but that was it and if you were to see him you'd be kind of surprised! All I can hope is that he is "pope mobiled" up the wazzoooo and I'm sure he will be!

Edited by brandyII

The other day we were talking about the debate and someone said something to the effect of What would happen if Obama was assassinated? I think that it's a common discussion... I heard the same type comment a few times.

This discussion has taken a gross turn for the worse as far as I'm concerned.

I wonder if anyone has given any thought to the fact that the forward thinking liberal types are the ones who always get asassinated? I mean that right wing racist from Little Rock was shot and paralyzed, but who else other than people who care about change and the underdog has actually been assassinated? Why is it that no one is concerned that John McCain might be assassinated? Or Geroge W. Bush? Or Dick Cheney? They certainly have the ability to rile people. Guess they just don't rile the wrong people.

As far as colorful language is concerned, I agree with Jack. I guess in a debate it often means that objectivity has gone out the window and raw emotion has taken over. But I don't agree that it is always a bad thing. Sometimes it is good to vent. Not good to the people who are offended by bad language of course, but obviously in this day and age where every other word in movies and on the radio and on TV is colorful, we need to consider the source and turn off the TV or don't read a thread any further if it contains language that offends us.

In some social circles, colorful (or if you prefer, foul) language is not only acceptable, it is expected and a part of everyday conversation. I guess I'm a live and let live kind of person.

Yeah, in fact you might say that I feel that way even about killing a presidential candidate. I say let the man live. Give him a chance. Beat him fair and square or sit back and see what happens. Assassination bothers me one hellofa lot more than foul language.

Edited by BJean

BJean,

I only said that I was worried about it happening because I think of him in terms being in the category of the greats like the JFK's and his brother Bobby and Martin Luther King and Abraham Lincoln, I never thought of it as a "wish" more like a worry and someone else brought it up that's why I sort of admitted that I was worried too and had been for a long time.

My fault.... I got carried away..... I’ll do better

I do disagree about the use of language and cursing comes into play when emotions have gotten the best of you. I knew very well what I was saying I wasn't emotional if the time permitted me I would have done what I normally try to do and be as polite and PC and articulate as possible. But I was running late for a meeting and it was quicker to just use the expletive than to search my vocabulary and decide on proper verbiage to accurately express my emotion and passion for the topic at hand. There are situations for both when you are waist deep in work and late for a meeting cause you were reading a thread that you are really into, and your point must be made; then articulate and well thought out wording is not in the two minute drill play book.

I apologies for anyone who was offended by the language that I was using … The only defense I elevate is that we are all adults hear; we can look past a little colorful language once in a while.

My intention was to express my distain for any form of media that blatantly lie or fabricate news and I am extraordinarily passionate about that; because it is how some people are expected to make informed decisions it is of the utmost importance that if it can’t stay unbiased that it at least be unquestionably truthful. It undermines the intelligence and moral compass of this nation.

So I hope my point is revealed by this post and the debate can continue.

Edited by TheWatcher