Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We ready for a Black President?

Are we ready for a Black President?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are we ready for a Black President?

• Yes
    • No

What it tells us is that he has actually read the proposed legislation and that he has mixed feelings about it. He doesn't want to endorse the entire bill by absolutely voting for it because he disagrees with certain aspects of it and he won't stand in the way of it because of the good parts that he agrees with. Furthermore, he knows that it is necessary to participate in this way instead of voting no, if they are to ever get anything accomplished in such a bipartisan Congress.

I prefer his approach as opposed to those of so many of those fools that are just plain absent because they don't want to go on the record and have to answer questions or defend their vote, either yes or no, for a piece of legislation that they often haven't even read.

True dat, yo.

That sounds like a lot of guessing and speculating -- answering his non-action the way you WANT to believe he thinks. However, he has proven he can't even make a decision, yes or no. What about when we're attacked again? What will he do? Sit there and say "no vote"? Heck, he won't even pledge allegiance to the flag because he doesn't want to "pick sides." Hell, if he's not on OUR side, whose side is he on? Why can't the guy make a decision? Was the teleprompter broken or something, so he didn't know what to say?? :)

With Senator Obama, I needed to dig deeper to get the whole picture. Something that obviously many people are not interested in bothering with.

No, what you're doing is coloring him with your own speculation and guesswork.

And frankly, I want a representative where I don't have to work him like a Rubiks Cube, one where his or her stance is VERY obvious and VERY up front.

Maybe that's why y'all hate Palin so much. She's an open book and there's no having to "dig deeper" to figure out what she's about. :)

DOES IT REALLY MATTER WHAT COLOR ANYONE IS ANYMORE?

No, it does not, or it should not. What cracks me up about this whole issue is that Obama isn't "African-American" in the sense of having descended from slaves brought over to the US (as we commonly "define" the term "African-American"). He is 1/2 white, and the other 1/2 is mostly Arab, not African, and the Arab part of his family were slave-owners and slave-traders. He doesn't have one relative that was a slave.

In the grand scheme of things, does it matter? No more than his "color" does, but I just find it hilarious that uninformed people cling to his being an "African-American" when he really descended from slave-traders, not slaves.

Beth you've really gone off the deep end. Do you really think that Senator Obama doesn't say the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America? Where do you get this stuff?

I will admit that Palin is an open book all right. She's about as deep as a single flapjack swimming in a pool of real maple Syrup.

And, you are correct, that is exactly one of the reasons we don't like her.

Actually it isn't that we don't like her. It's that we have no respect for her as a Vice Presidential candidate, second in line to the presidency possibly, after a man who's 72 years old, had cancer and other health problems.

The only reason you don't understand Senator Obama is because you don't care to. You've either not done your homework or you've bought the right wing media rehtoric hook, line and sinker.

Those of us who support him know exactly where he stands on issues. He's the only person in this race who has been completely open and up front about his planned policies. That's one of the main reasons he's ahead in the polls. We're sick and tired of the bull$%@! that McCain and Palin are slinging, and we know that if they had a really good leg to stand on with the issues, they'd be talking about them instead of trying to get people to hate Obama. Cause you know, that's their only chance. There's no way that they can get enough votes to win on the issues - not with the informed majority of the American people.

And it looks like we've come full circle. There's really no sense in going over all this again. It's not like anything has changed in anybody's mind here.

Except maybe for gadget, who fancies herself an expert on African-American people. It does make us scratch our heads when you say stuff like that gadget. First of all, I don't believe that Senator Obama is the person who has put that label on him. And two, he knows who he is - and in much more depth than you. I can't imagine why you think you have the right to define his ethnic background for him. Anyone who's been paying attention knows hes an Arab with terrorist proclivities, right? :rolleyes2:

I don't believe that Senator Obama is the person who has put that label on him.

I never said he was. But that is how others view him, and I think it's hilarious. That's what I said.

And two, he knows who he is - and in much more depth than you.

And yet he chooses not to share that information. Which is why others have to dig it up and expose him.

I can't imagine why you think you have the right to define his ethnic background for him.

Now I'm the one scratching my head. I didn't define his ethnic background. His ethnic background defines his ethnic background.

Very funny gadget!! You crack me up. :hurray:

Um, OK. Glad I could make you laugh :rolleyes2: although I'm not sure what I said that you consider funny.

Probably every single thing you said gadget

Probably every single thing you said gadget

Care to let me in on the joke? Because I've been dead serious on this thread today.

Oh, oh, wait! Do you mean Obama is a joke? NOW I get it!:rolleyes2:

Beth you've really gone off the deep end. Do you really think that Senator Obama doesn't say the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America? Where do you get this stuff?

Actually it was the Star Spangled Banner. However, some sites stated it as the Pledge, hence the confusion. Here it is in video, from ABC:

ABC News

The only reason you don't understand Senator Obama is because you don't care to. You've either not done your homework or you've bought the right wing media rehtoric hook, line and sinker.

I know you wish that was true -- and in fact NEED that to be true. However, I don't like him because he is a flaming socialst and absolutely THE most left-wing liberal to ever walk the earth. That's why I don't like him.

Those of us who support him know exactly where he stands on issues. He's the only person in this race who has been completely open and up front about his planned policies.

But it doesn't sound like that's completely true. If memory serves (and I tried to do a search and find my post), I thought you were the one who said that you have to do some digging to find out where he stood on issues, and I replied that they shouldn't be like Rubik's Cubes. If that wasn't you, I apologize, but these threads and posters are starting to run together. But if that was you, then what you say now contradicts what you said earlier.

There's no way that they can get enough votes to win on the issues - not with the informed majority of the American people.

Kinda like how I feel in saying that the liberal candidates wouldn't win if they didn't always try to promise their voting base some form of reparations or other form of monetary perks while fostering class envy. If the libs said tomorrow, "With very few exceptions, you are on your own and responsible for yourself, the gravy train has dried up and there will be no more perks," many who vote liberal would be in a real conundrum.

And it looks like we've come full circle. There's really no sense in going over all this again. It's not like anything has changed in anybody's mind here.

Very true, but I have to believe we are expending calories while debating. :rolleyes2:

Anyone who's been paying attention knows hes an Arab with terrorist proclivities, right? :laugh:

My Majik 8 Ball said so, so it must be true. :hurray:

No, really, it's true.

Oh, oh, wait! Do you mean Obama is a joke? NOW I get it!:hurray:

Oh yeah sooooooooo funny.:rolleyes2:

No gadget, you and Beth are defining his background - and quite far afield from the truth.

Please tell us all exactly where his parents are from and what race they were, where they grew up, where Senator Obama grew up, and all that if you two know so much about his ethic background.

Tap, tap, tap, hands on hips, smiling, I'm waiting.......

Aw, take your time. I know it's hard to get those Majik 8 Balls to come up with the answers you're looking for.

Why am I not surprised that is your source of information? Hmmmmm.:rolleyes2:

Aw, take your time. I know it's hard to get those Majik 8 Balls to come up with the answers you're looking for.

Why am I not surprised that is your source of information? Hmmmmm.:rolleyes2:

I thought you'd like that. :laugh: :hurray: