Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Exercise Challenge

Nothing like paying ahead to make sure you use a membership! Good for you, Judi and Becki - you'll appreciate it in the long run, even if it sucks at the moment.

Salsa, you rock! can't wait to see the post when you do that marathon!

I got my 3 laps in at the dog park last night (the trails are finally dry - yay!). We'll go tonight unless it's raining too hard, and then I'm off to San Diego for the weekend of apartment-hunting! One place is literally across the street from LaJolla beach - what a great place to walk the pooch every morning!!

One hour hike today -- straight uphill without stopping and I wasn't even breathless!!! I think it's because I'm carrying a lighter load these days.

Jody, where are you???? This is one heck of a long "special evening" you're having! :biggrin::smile::tongue:

And where have all the guys gone -- Dave, Daddy, Sandy??? We miss you!

Have a great night everyone!

flower-pot.jpg

Crazy Ates April Exercise Challenge

18/30 Exercise Sessions

(11 Cardio, 6 Core Strength and Flexibility, 1 Weight Training)

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

Edited by Frangipani

I love how yall do this exercise challenge. Do you do it each month?? I have just begun exercising routinely this month. I am running a 5k in May, so.... for the rest of April I will run/walk 5k at least 5 days a week, and do 30 minutes on the staionary bike at least 5 days a week!!

Hi renewedhope. I'm glad you found our exercise challenge. We start a new challenge every month. Everbody just checks in regularly and we post what exercise we've done. We all set our own goals and we cheer for each other to accomplish them. It works surprisingly well. These are a very supportive bunch of exercising bandsters.

Good luck on the upcoming 5K. If you train like you are planning, the 5K is going to be a piece of cake! And boy will the pounds come flying off.

Thanks TexasBecky!! I can tell a big difference since starting to exercise this month. I love how I feel.

Today....Ran 5k at the track. Man, it was hot and ohhh those hills. I am used to running on my treadmill, but figured I should take it outdoors in preparation for the 5k. It kicked my butt. I plan to do the stationary bike tonight!!

Hi everyone!!

Our special evening turned into 2 days!! He surprised me by taking me to Atlantic City for a couple of days. Even called my boss and told her I wouldn't be in!!

I did walk the boardwalk a lot and managed not to gain a pound! A NSV was when he told me I looked 'hot". I almost passed out!! I haven't had anyone tell me that in 30 years!!!! He is an amazing man!

I finished my 4.5 mile walk today. Enjoy your Sunday!

So I haven't done my workout today, but I just had to share that I did the unthinkable yesterday. No I did NOT eat anything unhealthy...but I did sign up for a half marathon on June 29 of this year!!! I looked at the training schedule for half-marathon and said that you need about 10 weeks...well I have 10 weeks so I said no time like the present. That means a half-marathon 2 days before my birthday and 4 days before surgery. That is going to be quite the week. I can't wait to show myself how far I have come. This will be the greatest reward I could ever have asked for. I started a blog, but haven't done much with it, but I think I will start tracking my progress on there. It will be a good history for me to have in one spot.

Check back with you after my run today!

I love how yall do this exercise challenge. Do you do it each month?? I have just begun exercising routinely this month. I am running a 5k in May, so.... for the rest of April I will run/walk 5k at least 5 days a week, and do 30 minutes on the staionary bike at least 5 days a week!!

Wow, lots going on here in the past 24 hours! Hi Renewedhope and welcome :thumbup::smile::eek:! Becky said it best when she explained how we do things around here. Glad you're joining us!

Hi everyone!!

Our special evening turned into 2 days!! He surprised me by taking me to Atlantic City for a couple of days. Even called my boss and told her I wouldn't be in!!

I did walk the boardwalk a lot and managed not to gain a pound! A NSV was when he told me I looked 'hot". I almost passed out!! I haven't had anyone tell me that in 30 years!!!! He is an amazing man!

I finished my 4.5 mile walk today. Enjoy your Sunday!

Jody, glad you had a great weekend!

I thought maybe something like this happened because it's not like you to be gone so long.That's some husband you have there girlfriend -- jewelry, surprise trips, telling you you're hot....

Whatta man :rolleyes::thumbup::thumbup:!

So I haven't done my workout today, but I just had to share that I did the unthinkable yesterday. No I did NOT eat anything unhealthy...but I did sign up for a half marathon on June 29 of this year!!! I looked at the training schedule for half-marathon and said that you need about 10 weeks...well I have 10 weeks so I said no time like the present. That means a half-marathon 2 days before my birthday and 4 days before surgery. That is going to be quite the week. I can't wait to show myself how far I have come. This will be the greatest reward I could ever have asked for. I started a blog, but haven't done much with it, but I think I will start tracking my progress on there. It will be a good history for me to have in one spot.

Check back with you after my run today!

Salsa, congrats on signing up for a half marathon! You make my head spin -- you are a real fireball!

You guys are inspiring me to start running -- so I will.

I need to head up to Miami again later this week, and when I'm up there, I will buy myself a good pair of running shoes and get started on the "Couch to 5K program." I have been getting good cardio workouts with all the hills and hikes around here, but it's time to kick this up a notch.

I did a 1.5 hour hike tonight. I saw a group of four deer while I was out -- it was a lovely surprise. I have seen individual deer on a few occasions, but never a group.

Yes, we do have deer here on the island -- they are not seen very often, but they're here and it's always a delight to see them.

Have a great night everyone!

flower-pot.jpg

19/30 Exercise Sessions

(12 Cardio, 6 Core Strength and Flexibility, 1 Weight Training)

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

Edited by Frangipani

I was looking at the training schedule for the half-marathon and training starts on Monday so I postponed my workout until tomorrow. Besides we had a terrible storm that went through here with thunder and lighting and WIND, WIND, WIND. I was just getting ready to go for a run when it started, so that eliminated running outside, and the side of the town that they gym is on lost power, so that eliminated that! Just decided to take the day...kinda figured it was a sign. Now...it is gorgeous again. We have seen it all today...hail, rain, snow, thunder and lightening, wind, sun...still waiting for the tornados or hurricanes to come whipping through.

So no workout today, but I did get laundry, dishes and weekly cooking done!

Sounds like everyone had a great weekend - especially Jody! You've got a good one girl. Better keep him around. My husband is a great guy too. He has responded extremely well to my weight loss! It likely has as much to do with my new improved outlook/attitude.

This was a big weekend for me too. My parents went home yesterday! Woo Hoo!!! We've got our empty nest back!

I did an hour of cardio today and a little gardening.

Crazy Ates AprilExercise Challenge

13/20 Exercise Sessions 3/8 Weight TrainingCrazy Ates

Well, I'm coming off a decent weekend. Well...a little rocky. But, it was of my own doing! Wow Jody...your surprise weekend sounds like wonderful fun...for so many reasons! Your DH pulled out all the stops. Plus, you had fun and were made to feel special. So wonderful. You picked a good one (your DH).

My DH traveled all week, came home on Saturday night dragging and then left again today. He'll be back again to vote on Tuesday then on the road again (he's such a good citizen!). His schedule is maddening at times. Thank God we're going on our cruise so we can get to catch up on what's been going on the past 5 years! LOL!!!

Friday night my sisters and our childhood friend went to see Billy Joel. Beforehand, we went to dinner.....we ordered several appetizers and I just picked at them. But, I also had 2 glasses of Chardonnay. Not smart. That darn wine spells trouble for me! By the time I got to the arena....I was darn thirsty. So, I ordered another. That kept me dancing for sure (got lots of exercise!). Great concert...what I can remember of it. 3 glasses of wine and I was completely trashed. Slurring my words. Staggering. Oh, just awful, awful. The last time this happened...which was in August 1991 (went out for the first time after having my daughter...to my girlfriend's 40th birthday...). I drank chardonnay that night too. Since then, I've limited myself to only 1 glass of charrdonnay....which is quite enough. Not sure what got into me Friday night! But, ooooh.... Saturday morning I felt like sh*t. Haven't had a headache like that since August of 1991! Then, Saturday night, I ate potato chips and dip at my nephew's birthday day party. Haven't ate that in close to a year. I felt absolutely horrid by the time I got home. Thankfully, I recovered overnight and was able to get up to walk this morning. Then, we had company for dinner---my dad, my son and a few of his friends who were visiting from out of town. So, I cooked up a storm---all of my son's favorites. And, sadly, I found that I could actually consume a decent amount (more than I have been able to eat since Feb). I skipped dessert (pear-carmel cobbler with vanilla cream sauce...) but started picking at the leftover PotRoast Nachos after everyone left.

It's another week.....I'll just wipe the slate clean and behave! No more chardonnay for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finished my walk. I really need to work on getting in my water!! JudiM - I did the same thing this weekend with the wine!! I actually made my husband walk me up and down the boardwalk until I sobered up a bit!

Got in a 3 mile run outside in very cold and windy weather. Started the half-marathon training today. It is going to kick my butt!

Ok it wasn't wine for me this weekend. It was beer batter onion rings. I don't know why I did it but I actually dug out the Fry Daddy and fried up a huge batch of onion rings! Hubby grilled steaks and I made onion rings! What got into me? I haven't done anything like that in almost a year. Was it the fact that my parents finally left and I wanted to Celebrate? Or perhaps I was trying to reward myself? Maybe its just because I'm a southern girl and once a year I've got to have onion rings. Of course I berated myself all night for using such poor food judgement - we ate the whole batch. It kind of scared me too that I obviously do still have that over eating behavior lurking around.

Anyway, I'm back to healthy moderate eating today and isn't that really the point? We all slip up on ocassion or over indulge now and again. Yes, even skinny people. It won't hurt us if its a rare occasion that we over indulge. Not a way of life. I've had that life and I'm not going back.

Frangi, Miami again? Not only do you live in paradise, but you're a jet setter. Hope you get in some more shopping! Good for you on the running plans. I found that when I just added short intervals of running to my mostly walking routine it really kicked my weight loss up a notch. I just noticed that you're down 92 pounds. That is so fantastic! I know you'll hit 100 by the end of May.

I was on extra good behavior today. I ate very reasonably and I did cardio and weight lifting.

14/20 Exercise Sessions 4/8 Weight Training