Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Exercise Challenge

Salsa, I'm with you, I get bored on cardio machines. I did 20 minutes on the elyptical this morning and I was not tired at all, but I think I have cardio ADD. Sometimes I do 10-15 minutes on the treadmill, then move to the bike, then move to the stairmaster, just to keep my attention a little longer and get the time in that I need.

Salsa, I'm with you, I get bored on cardio machines. I did 20 minutes on the elyptical this morning and I was not tired at all, but I think I have cardio ADD. Sometimes I do 10-15 minutes on the treadmill, then move to the bike, then move to the stairmaster, just to keep my attention a little longer and get the time in that I need.

I like that...cardio ADD. I was going to go and run this trail in a nearby canyon last night, but it was TOO cold and windy. I have been freezing since I have lost weight and I can't handle cold at all. Remind me of this when it is 95 degrees here this summer and I am in a binder for the TT!

I will most likely not get my workout in tonight as I am going with someone to a in person support group. I don't like the group as they really said some not so nice things to me last week (they were jealous and said that my weightloss was unhealthy) Hmm I don't think I could be unhealthier NOW after losing 91 pounds, but phooey on them!

Got my dog park walking in last night and over the weekend. It's nearly dried up out there now so walking is a LOT easier (less squishing through mud and puddles). Once the mover is done doing an estimate tonight poochie and I will head out there again. It's 70 but WINDY today so I should be able to burn off energy pushing against that wind.

I did cardio and weight training this morning.

Crazy Ates AprilExercise Challenge

11/20 Exercise Sessions 3/8 Weight TrainingCrazy Ates

Melissa and Salsa I totally agree with you regarding cardio machines. I am an outdoor girl, and when I'm forced to do the machines indoors I can only endure them if I'm able to rotate machines every 15 minutes or so.

I got two workouts in today -- one hour of cardio and one hour of weight training (arms/upper body).

Have a great night everyone!

flower-pot.jpg

Crazy Ates April Exercise Challenge

14/30 Exercise Sessions

(9 Cardio, 4 Core Strength and Flexibility, 1 Weight Training)

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

I left the gym crying tonight...and I am still crying. Not from pain, not from sadness...but simply tears of amazement and joy. I actually did it. I ran 5K tonight (3.1 miles) I walked for .25 miles to warm up and then ran an additional 3.1 miles. I still can't believe it. This coming from the girl who NEVER finished the mile in gym class, who never even took PE in high school. 3 months ago I could barely run a mile and was so excited when I hit that milestone. Now I am running 3.1 miles. There are really NO words to describe how I feel right now.

Tonight was weights night as well but I kind of hurried through that so that I could come and share with you all, because I am just over the edge thrilled. So what if the BMI chart says I am still fat...who cares that the scale doesn't say skinny...I freaking RAN 3.1 miles...that is better than anything. Certainly better that any deep fried, sugar coated, butter filled, food (can you tell I watched Paula Deen tonight!). This honestly is the greatest feeling that I have had since I graduated college!

Okay enough sentimentality. I need to take a shower and get ready for bed!

Yeah Salsa! You speak for alot of us....! This really has been an emotional and spiritual journey as well as a weight loss journey. In fact, I think the emotional & spiritual parts are the best of it (even though I am loving the weight loss!). Although I'm not running---I'm walking---I do know the feelings you describe! I'm actually ABLE to walk up hills and keep up with my walking buddy.....a fete I haven't been able to do in years. Of course, I wasn't walking....becuase I knew I couldn't (could that have been the PROBLEM....LOL) Walking and talking are my exercise of choice.....stimulates the mind and the body. All that gossip....you know.....;-) But, I'm still doing the machines and the weights at the gym.....still hating it.

Congrats girl!!!

Judi

Great job, everyone! Salsa, I'm in awe!!!!! Will you do a race now?

Great job, everyone! Salsa, I'm in awe!!!!! Will you do a race now?

My goal is a marathon by my 30th birthday...which is July of next year. I will probably have to do some in between races, which usually start in spring. Having the TT in July might set me back a bit, but we will see. If losingjusme can plan to do a marathon must months after her TT I can do it too!

I guess there is a 5K race in town this weekend, but I don't know if I will be back for it after my fill. I have to see if DH is going with me. If he does then we won't be back until Sunday, if he doesn't I will be back tomorrow night.

I did my 4.5 miles very early this morning. Planning a special evening with hubby:blush:. Have a great evening everyone!!

Salsa,

Congrats on running your first 5K!!!!

Planning a special evening with hubby:blush:. Have a great evening everyone!!

Jody -- you go girl. I think I see more jewelry in your future :D......

Tonight was my triple Thursday, one hour of cardio, 30 minutes pilates/abdominals class and one hour of Yoga.

Have a great night you wonderful workout buddies!

flower-pot.jpg

Crazy Ates April Exercise Challenge

17/30 Exercise Sessions

(10 Cardio, 6 Core Strength and Flexibility, 1 Weight Training)

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

Salsa, I understand how thrilled you are and I'm thrilled for you. You've rewriten your future. Wow, you are no longer that chubby girl from high school, rather you are a fit and active woman who is in charge of her life. Fantastic work! I know you are inspiring many others.

I've decided I really don't like the gym very much. You might remember, I've been taking a conditioning class all semester and it is almost over so its time for me to decide whether I want to join a gym. The class has been really helpful and as a result I have figured out that I don't want to join a gym. I much prefer to walk outside or on my home treadmill and I love working in the garden. I've also purchased weights that I use for my "Strong Women Stay Young" program. I've finally figured out that exercise helps me tremendously and that I owe it to myself to make the time. I want to be strong and fit, but with a minimum amount of work, so I've found something that I think I can live with for the long haul - walking five days a week and lifting weights two days. I know that is enough to maintain cardio fitness and to keep building my strength. I've still not figured out what will work for me long term regarding flexibility. I'm experimenting with yoga, pilates, a simple stretching routine, but I haven't settled into a good routine. Anyway, it does feel fabulous to not be restricted by morbid obesity. Being able to move with ease is such a huge relief. Everything was so hard 100 pounds ago.

Jody, now you've just got to tell us all about your special evening. You can't mention something like that and not give details, lol.

I did my cardio today like a good Crazy Ate!

Crazy Ates AprilExercise Challenge

12/20 Exercise Sessions 3/8 Weight TrainingCrazy Ates

:D:thumbup::):thumbup::lol::thumbup:

Did you hear me as I was reading these posts? It's really wonderful to see everyone so inspired and energized and positive! Everyone is so encouraging and supportive as well. When I think back to how I felt....how many of us felt, I'm sure.....just a year ago....it's amazing! Who would have thunk it??? Definitely NOT ME!!! Here we are exercising.....YES!!!

Yes, Becky.....I hate the gym. I go but I hate it! I hate organized classes and machines and all of that stuff. You have no idea how wonderful it was to hear that someone else feels the same way as I do!!! If I could just walk and garden I would be so happy!!!! DH bought me the gym membership and 10 (why 10???) sessions with the personal trainer back in November. My DD also belongs. It's a pricey gym but it's very close to our house. And, to be honest....if he hadn't bought it for me, I had already been thinking of buying a gym membership for the both of us (but not at that gym due to cost!) for his 50th b-day. Anyway....I'm tied to that gym for another 2 years so I am going. I'm sure it's a "good thing" but still....I hate it.

And, last but not least....YES Jody....do tell about your special night. Exercising? :tt2::tongue::tongue: