Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Exercise Challenge

Salsa, you have the best life! Congrats, you two.

RE Quinoa: YUM! It doesn't stick for me but I don't have any trouble with brown rice, either. Rinse it twice before cooking to get rid of the bitter coating (this is why Europeans didn't adopt quinoa, the conquistadors thought it tasted awful).

It will definitely... um ... help move the mail!...:regular_smile:

Thanks for the tip. We did eat it for lunch and it was alright. No problems with it sticking. But I think that rinsing tip will help a lot. I got it in the bulk food section so I am going to have to go back and reread the directions because I don't know if I cooked it long enough either!

I had a great weekend of exercise - got in an hour of cardio yesterday and today and worked in the yard for 4 or 5 hours.

Crazy Ates April Exercise Challenge

4/20 Exercise Sessions 0/8 Weight Training

Salsa, congrats on your marriage. It sounds like you definately made it memorable. Was this planned or did you just suddenly decide to tie the knot? I hope you have many, many years of happiness together.

Sorry to hear about the plastic surgery situation. I know you'll get it all worked out. Look what you've done so far. This is just a minor bump along the way. Keep us posted.

Salsa, congrats on your marriage. It sounds like you definately made it memorable. Was this planned or did you just suddenly decide to tie the knot? I hope you have many, many years of happiness together.

Sorry to hear about the plastic surgery situation. I know you'll get it all worked out. Look what you've done so far. This is just a minor bump along the way. Keep us posted.

Up until about 1 week ago we were anti marriage. We didn't need a piece of paper to show each other how much we loved each other and how commited we were. However, we needed the tax benefits, the insurance benefits, and the abilty for my DH to take FMLA when and if I have PS. So for the legal reasons we tied the knot. So in a way it was kind of on a whim, but we had been planning for a week. I was a little hesitant to tell people because a lot of people get squimish when you say you are getting married for things other than just love, but I figured, hell this is my life, I love the guy but didn't need a paper to show it, and I am tired of caring what other people think. So know I will tell anyone. Besides now no one could try and talk us out of it. Really I couldn't have had a better wedding. I don't like being the center of attention and this was perfect. My dad was HILARIOUS and it is was special just because he was there. I just started talking to my dad about 5 years ago so I doubt that he ever even dreamed that he would be invited to my wedding, let alone being the one that did the ceremony. It was just really special even if it was VERY untraditional. I will post pics when my "evil stepmother" (can hardly bring myself to even call her that), sends them too me!

Girl, you're MARRIED!! Congratulations! I can't get over how nonchalant you seem about it, but it sounds like you had a wonderful time. I did the ULC ordination years ago myself but never did anything with it (just amused that I can call myself the "Reverend Donna." Your dad sounds like a ton of fun!!! Again, congratulations! It's been a BIG year for you, young lady!

Sorry to hear the PS consult was troubling. What did they think made your situation risky - just the surgery and the geography, or are there other complications? Be patient, and hopefully staying with your SIL will make the difference in your approval. The right situation will happen soon!

As for me, I did get in a few laps at the dog park yesterday, and I did what will probably (hopefully) be my last performance with my dance class (see the in progress photo I posted this weekend). I just haven't had any focus on learning the choreography, but I was able to "follow the bouncing butt" and did pretty well! I have a few names from my teacher and some other dancers, so I can pick up classes in San Diego if, I mean WHEN I get settled in, if I don't take up a different activity, like boogie boarding, getting back into making pottery or teaching my dog how to swim in the surf! I have a feeling a good part of my free time will be taken up exploring a new city soon (I'm really hoping hard), walking around a new neighborhood, walking beaches, etc. There's nothing more inspiring to be active than a whole new city and climate!!

Anyway, I digress - congratulations again, girl!!

I posted this on the wrong thread!

So I did my workout yesterday. 1.5 hours cardio and weights combined. So I have a crazy nutritionist that has told me because I can't eat enough food to stop losing weight, and I refuse to start eating crappy foods, that she wants me to slow down on the exercise. So I will agree to only do 4 days a week now. We will see how that affects my challenge. I may have to drop it by 5 hous and only do 20 hours a month. I had a huge rant on another board so if anyone wants to see what she said to me, let me know and you too can feel my frustration!

I didn't have time to post yesterday, but I did cardio and strength training.

Crazy Ates AprilExercise Challenge

5/20 Exercise Sessions 1/8 Weight Training

I RAN 2 MILES STRAIGHT!:thumbup::thumbup:

I have been striving for this milestone for a while and I finally got there today. I probably could have kept going but I got bored! That is my biggest problem with cardio is that I just get bored. I did 1.5 hours tonight with a mix of cardio and weights.

rock on, girl! great job on the running!

I only got in one lap at the dog park last night, because dearest poochie hurt his pretty brown eye and we ran to the vet. Ouch! He looks so pathetic with his eye all gooped up with medicine and the third lid halfway up. My poor baby...

Great job Salsa!!

I finished my 4.5 mile walk. Have a great evening everyone!!

Wow, I have been away for a little while and it seems many good things have happened! Congratulations Pizzi and Salsa on the all that has transpired since I was last here!

Hi Jeane, I was banded by Dr. Williams also! You are the first one I have seen on here from his practice.

Everyone's numbers are great. I am still dropping, slowly but surely! I am in the April Challenge. Still at the gym regularly.

I am writing my last papers of the semester. I'll be back after that but know you are all in my good thoughts!

Val

I had a great cardio workout and strength training session this morning. Great work for everybody else too!

Crazy Ates AprilExercise Challenge

6/20 Exercise Sessions 2/8 Weight TrainingCrazy Ates

Thanks Val! Good luck on your papers!

Wow I have been slacking on the exercise front and I am not going to be able to go tonight either, but I will get my butt in gear this weekend and do something on my day off.