Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*sigh* The good and bad of new clothing.

LMAO...where the hell did you find that one? Is that a pannus or is that a vee-jay-jay? Still LMAO...hahah

Here is one for you guys. I haven't lost much weight but have made great changes...so I am not even worried. I noticed that my tummy was deflating and it was not cute. I thought to myself, "I don't want to drop any more weight if my tummy will look like that!" That is pretty backwards huh? OOOOO well...I am a work in progress!

0217_sand%20dollar.jpg

Babydoll tunic

I'd look 12 months pregnant wearing this top. I am ALL tummy! Looks great on other shapes!

That's one funny picture, Wheets, LMAOPIMP

I am so lucky I don't have a skin problem. My arms are not all that attractive, and I don't like my turkey neck. For the most part, for my age, I don't have anything to complain about. I won't be wearing any tank tops.

Oh I heart those shoes!

I can do tops like that because of my hips and waist-hip ratio. Anthing empire waist, babydoll, etc. actually looks ok on me because it helps the expanse of my hips look like it's supposed to be that way.

Button-ups (tailored ones are ok) and other shirts without much shape are hard for me because they're loose on top & tight on bottom or vice versa.

I can easily do a 14 top in a "loose around the hip" kind of shirt, even though the sleeves may dig into my saggy bat wings, but if I buy it to fit my hips, we're talking 18.

I'd look 12 months pregnant wearing this top. I am ALL tummy! Looks great on other shapes!

Apparently, I do too. I was wearing babytoll tunics for a while and my waxing lady kept asking me if I was pregnant. I finally figured it out, so now I wear the not babydoll tunics :smile:

From a guy's point of view; I don't like those tops either. Very few woman I seen in tops like those look good to me.

Laurend -- I haven't been on this site for awhile and you were preparing for surgery the last time I was here. Now you weigh 165 pounds! Congratulations. I wish I weighed 165 pounds.

I have more than a Pannus I seem to have a double pannus. I also have the droopy skin from my bust to my waist as well as from my waist down. I don't have a camel toe thank goodness. I wear the puller inners, but only when I go out in the evening. I have the full body ones which have a hole to go for a pee, I am always a bit scared that I will miss and have an accident.

Welcome back Bitteroldhag. When I came on this site your post about getting old was the first one I read, and it really made me laugh because I identified with it.

Laurend -- I haven't been on this site for awhile and you were preparing for surgery the last time I was here. Now you weigh 165 pounds! Congratulations. I wish I weighed 165 pounds.
Thanks! Good to see you back!

I went to Gap on my lunch break today. First time I've been in one in years. Hell, since I've been old enough to shop there, in fact! I was, like, 10 the last time I was in their sizes. I think I've found a new addiction, just wish I had more money to pay for it! :lol:

Anyway, I fit in their 12s. And they'd look GOOD, too, if it wasn't for this damn pannus! I'm gonna have to break down and get some Spanx or some other type of Shapewear, 'cause that was just icky. They fit EVERYWHERE except right at my stomach, below my waistband. I could button them, zip, and sit down in them with no wrinkles or bulges (other than what I'm bitching about). I've just got so much lose skin on my tummy that it compresses it and make it look like a 2nd rear end, and a lumpy one at that. :sigh:

Now, I'm sure it didn't look as bad as I thought it did ('cause you know our eyes go straight to what we KNOW is wrong), but it was still depressing. I'm gonna go get a body suit thingy sometime this week and go back and see if they look better. I did get a pair of shorts that didn't do the 2nd ass thing, though, and a couple of t-shirts. Found a really pretty dress, too, but I need a petite size in it and the store doesn't carry them. Not sure if I'll get it online, though, since it was a guazy white one and I get paranoid in gauzy crap. :glare:

I can totally relate to the second ass thing. I had an emercency c-section with my DD and I am cut vertically and the fat just LOVES to pooch out and around the scar. Really does look like I have an ass in the front. :)