Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Houston we have restriction!

I went for my first fill yesterday and it was exactly as described by the earlier Double V's.

I had to actually ask my doctor what size band I had, duh! With all the excitement of the surgery and recovery, I forgot what he told me.LOL:blink:

I have a VG 10cc band. Dr Jacob added 3 cc's for the first fill and said if I didnt feel any different for me to come back next Friday and he would add another CC, otherwise he would see me in a month. When I drank the Water I thought "I have to make this appt for next week, i dont feel a thing :sad:". By the time I got home, I felt different, cant explain what I felt, besides to call it different. Since I hadnt eaten at all at this point I reached for a yogurt and boy-oh-boy it took 15-20 minutes to eat and i was full.:thumbup:

I waited and waited for nausea or something but nope just a full feeling is what i had! AWESOME!:w00t:

How long does restriction last?

I had mine done on Tuesday and I'm still feeling about 85% of the restriction. It's still working for me. I'm sure the restriction will fade away for me sometime next week and then my second fill is scheduled for the 9th. Did yours feel gurgly inside when they pulled the starter fill out? it's such a cool feeling.

Congratz Taismommy! That's wonderful news, I'm so happy things went well for you, and you're feeling restriction! A full feeling after eating a small amount is wonderful. I had 3 cc's added to my band this week, and I'm not sure exactly what I'm feeling, lol . . . is it different from the "restriction" I first felt right after the surgery. I can eat just fine (I do take things slowly!) but the awful hunger seems to have been greatly reduced as well.

Gotta love the band! :thumbup:

Coolcrystal,

Yes I felt the gurgle, suction feeling?!? It was really wierd but cool all in the same breath,

Lori,

That hunger feeling is gone, thank goodness! My stomach was growling like mad, i didnt know how much more Bandster hell i could take?!

I love my band more and more

Congrats Taismommmy, I hope your restriction lasts until the next fill. I had my feel 2 weeks ago with a little restriction but now nothing. Next fill is Thursday. It's kind of funny how I know I shouldn't eat more than 1/2 - 1 cup of food, yet just because it "fits" I keep eating.

I also felt that weird feeling. I guess a gurgle is a good word for it. It from the pressure of the needle in the band and then they take out whats in and then put and more back. The only thing I didn't like about my fill, and it's really a minor thing, is that they had me lie on my back with a pillow under my lower back. I understand why, I just don't like my head to be so low when I lay down. It won't keep me from getting my next fill though.

I have to tell you guys, I HATED GETTING MY FILL. I hated feeling the needle "pop" into the port and the feeling when he added the saline and then when he took it out to see how much was in there. It is almost enough that I don't want another fill. Plus, I didn't really feel much, if any, restriction. I have another fill on April 14th and I am nervous. Anybody have 2 fills and feel better after the 2nd one?

I have noticed that the more I lose the more the fills hurt. It is not too bad , but i did not feel it at all at first. I could not do without the fills though. That is what makes my band work for me. Donna

The gurgle feeling is like when you take a turkey baster and you suck the juice up out of the dish and then swish it back on the turkey.. that's the only way I can explain it. It didn't hurt, its just like you could feel the vibration of the band being emptied and then refilled. I must say that the lady at my fill center is fricking awesome. it was so quick and painless.. over in like 15 seconds.

I didn't get a pillow under my back.. I think they do that when they can't find the port very well and need it to stick out more.

I was also wondering if the closer the port gets to the skin if it hurts more.. it seems like it would be the opposite, but it sort of makes sense.

I've been at a standstill, hovering around 225...I got banded 12/20/07 and have lost about 40 since Thanksgiving of 07 what with the presurgery diet and all. I got filled for the first time 1/18/08, and have lost about 10 pounds in 2 months...not as much as I'd like...which bums me out. It's like I don't have any restriction much at all. I'm going in again tomorrow to Denver, for a 2nd fill to see if that helps. I just want this excess weight OFF of me...I also have had insulin resistance which set my periods off kilter for about 10 years. They've been regular since taking Actos. I had/have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) with 2 DNC's in the past 4 years due to period issues (either not starting or starting but then not stopping). This is why I chose to get banded...to help me lose weight, which is the cause many of the doctor's I've seen in the past 10-15 years have told me causes the period problems/insulin resistance.

coolcrystal,

that is the suction thing i was trying to explain! wonderful analogy.

Michelle,

I didnt feel a "popping" when the needle went in the port. Dont be nervous, WE CAN DO THIS!!

hey suseli,

i too have pcos, and am diabetic. since the band i have been able to cut my diabetes meds in half. i have had 2 adjustments so far and have 6.4 in a 10 band....i still have pretty good restriction, my last fill was 3 weeks ago. i am due to go tomorrow but plan to delay as i am having some trouble with pbing...more solid Protein.

my weight is at a standstill...ole auntie flo is coming soon...i know because my wedding ring is tight...it used to be like that every day. after surgery and 32lbs lost, my ring is only tight right when bad ole aunt flo is coming.

My friends and DH all say that my butt is so much smaller, and my clothes are fitting differently. i just wish that !@#$%^ scale would budge.....but scales lie!!!

Lovin my band

amanda

I'm going in for my third fill in two more days. I get full quickly, but then hungry again 1 to 2 hours later, so I guess I need another one. I'm going to ask a lot of questions this time, though. I've had a lot of problems with foods sticking temporarily, then finally going through. It's a very uncomfortable feeling. I don't know if I want a very big fill if that problem is going to get worse with each one. I know I need to chew more, and I'm working on that. But I'm tired of being hungry two hours before lunch and dinner.< /p>

Had my first fill this morning (2cc, bringing the total to 6). Drank a bottle of Water afterward with no trouble. Haven't tried eating yet, but don't have any desire to at the moment, either - especially since I put on 8 lbs. back on since my surgery last month.