Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone ever had a PBing incident at a resturant?

Ok Ladies and Gents,

Last week I took my husband to a play and dinner afterwards for his B'day. I ordered 1/2 chicken (because I knew I didn't want to cook when I got home so I was going to take the white meat home to 1 daughter and the thigh home to the other daughter). I had two almost fork fulls of cole slaw and 1 almost fork full of baked potato. WELL.....after cutting a small piece of chicken and trying to eat it ------------------AGONY! The chicken got stuck....I felt it stuck in my chest, I had to get it out, but before I could get up it started traveling upward! All I could do is grab a napkin and hope for the best (I know..gross) Well the best didn't happen, all the slime couldn't fit in the napkin and BAM hit the floor IN THE RESTURANT:drool:!!! Once that came out everything I'd eaten wanted to come out...two PB's in the bathroom of the resturant and 5 between cars on the way home. Yeah, Gross :blink:! My husband said I needed to go back to the doctor ( i had just gotten a fill 4 days earlier bringing my fill to 2.6'cc in a band that holds 4cc's):). I have since been o.k. with solids and soft foods but I have to eat alot less than before that last fill. As nasty as this experience was I can laugh at it now.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

I totally get it. I was eating a lovely dinner at a Seafood restraunt and bam it hit me. The bathroom was too far so I PBd big time back into my clam chowder right at the table! Thankfully no one was sitting close enough to see. On another thread there was a woman who ate scrammbled eggs at the Cracker Barrel and while running to the bathroom PB'd into a little girls ponytails who cut in front of her in the bathroom! Talk about funny. You are not alone. Along the side of the road, in a restruant, etc. etc. It can happen anywhere!

I've had many restaurant PBs, but mine never come quickly. They're always preceded by some degree of discomfort and pain, so I don't have any napkin surprises. Normally I go into the bathrooms. A few times we've left and I've had to pull the car over shortly after. Once the bathrooms were all occupied so I used the shrubbery outside of the restaurant.

OMG, I know what this is like. I've PB in resturants a few times. Mostly getting to the bathroom first, but once while out to lunch with my daughter to her horror more than mine I couldn't get out of the booth fast enough and up it came! Thank goodness there where plenty of extra napkins on the table. I grabbed one and put my head in my hands. Although it worked, it was nasty.

Yes.

Although never at the table...while in public - it has happened at home once - I have had a close encounter with making it to the stall. I was at a mexican restaraunt and took too big of a bite of a quesadilla....I knew it was coming, so I said I had to get rid of some Water. I got to the bathroom and it really didn't happen...just one of those drools like you have the faucet on....and then stopped.

About the time I got back to the table, it hit and hit pretty hard.....I excused myself again and while I was walking into the stall, here it came....I missed the toilet (I know, I think it is man thing) and splattered the wall behind the toilet.

Thank God there wasn't anyone else in there at the time. I did the right thing and cleaned it up...the best I could.

If you just got a fill, maybe it is how fast you are eating. That is usually what gets me, either too fast or too big of a bite.....I still do stupid things occasionally.

dab

You know how there are loud barfs and quiet barfs?

Yeah. One time I was at an Italian restaurant in Mexico. I ate something that didn't work and had to run to the bathroom to barf. This was a verrrry old building and there were no doors on the bathrooms, just a long winding entryway. You couldn't SEE anything but you sure could hear it.

I was trying to barf quietly but that day, quiet was not to be had. Finally came out of the bathroom and people were just staring at me.

How embarrassing.

But that doesn't compare to a story I was reading on OH. Girl goes to restaurant with hubby, girl gets stuck. Girl runs for the bathroom but doens't make it and barfs right on the floor in the middle of the restaurant. If that wasn't bad enough she barfed so hard she farted at the same time. The fart wasn't quiet either. ;o)

If we officially go the route of gross PB stories, I'll tell you about the nose PB.

Oh I will add that while I don't have the "no warning" PBs I read about on here, I guess the up side is that I do have some control over when I PB. I've been able to make it to a different bathroom when someone walks into the one I'm in, or endure a car drive home from a restaurant. I've had to ask a driver to pull of to the side of the interstate, but I think I could've held it until my destination if we weren't caught in gridlock. So -- while it would be nice to have spontaneous PBs in the sense that you forego the intense pain that precedes mine... I think I'll keep it this way for now. :)

Wow! that is embarassin. I almost always have to run to the bathroom at a restaurant but have never not made it.

My very first PB was at home after I attempted to eat some Lean Cuisine chicken. I thought I had to burp, so I tried but it was a PB and it went all over the floor! That was awful!

PB = Productive Burp, which is when food gets stuck and can't get through the stoma and comes back up. This is why you must take small bites and chew well. There will be time that you do chew well and take a small bite and it will still happen. You will learn which foods cause problems. I am lucky and I have not experienced it yet. I almost did on a fudgecicle. I got the pain and felt it coming and then it went down.

my most awkard was traveling by myself - i'm all spread out at an airport restaurant: laptop going and everthing. Had to quickly pack up, leave a credit card with the waitress, grab my laptop and dash to the nearest restroom. Left my coat, suitcase and everythign else in the restaurant (told the waitress I'd be right back).

I've never had one hit me as quickly as many of you.

I do tend to conveniently flush the toilet to help cover any sound. Not sure if it works, but makes me feel better!

Since I eat out a lot and since I keep my band tight, I've had lots of experience with the public Pb's. I carry around a plastic sack in my purse. (Make sure it doesn't have any holes in it!) Once at a McDonalds, I just couldn't get to the outside garbage can in time. This was my first experience so since then I've got my bags.

Oh well.

I've had a really bad one,but that's because i went there for lunch and i usually can hardly eat anything solid then. That time i kinda had to run to the bathroom with the food in my mouth...yuck.

A few times i've had a spit out but that got fixed with a couple of napkins :).

Nowadays i always try to pick food that i know will go down. It's a pity because i liked trying out new things ._.