Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers and LB

Is anyone else here doing WW? I am pre-op, so just trying to adjust to the post-op dietary changes and lose a few pounds before surgery. It seems just about anything I enter on WW that is high Protein is high points. So what do you do?:confused2:

WW now as a program where you don't count points if you eat veggies, meat and fruit, whole grains. Its more complicated then that but check it out.

Hi Kathy! I didn't do WW before surgery because I (foolishly) thought that if I was able to demonstrate I was capable of losing, my insurance company would not approve me! I got that impression from the nurse I was working with! However, that being said, I will follow WW once again once I am able to return to eating regular foods. They have a wonderful program. Try the "core" program which betrthnever mentioned above. A word of caution, though...do not mention you are going to be banded or have been banded. The leader in my class does not speak highly of people having been banded. I feel that is unfortunate as this is a tool to help us keep the weight in the long run. Good luck in your endeavors!:biggrin2:

I did really well on WW the last 2 weeks. I lost 4.5 lbs. The important thing for me was to eat 20 points per day which is 1k calories. That plus the bonus points it comes out to 1250 calories a day. Protein acutally isn't that many points. 1 point per lean ounce. That is nothing. If you want high protein you may want to do the Core System. With Core you can still have a bake potatoe and brown rice I believe, even whole wheat Pasta. Good luck. WW works.

I am doing WW now. I have been banded about 6 months and I just find that I like the weekly weigh in. I am doing the core plan b/c it is very inline with the bandster rules. I didn't say anything about being banded I just had a feeling everyone would have an attitude about it so I kept quiet!

There are several people going to WW. I had my first fill Monday and started back yesterday. I need more structure (ie weigh-ins) than once a month support groups. The nurse also said I could weigh in at the doc's office weekly. If I go to WW on Tues and doc's on Thurs or Fri until I can get accustomed hopefully with another fill I can succeed. WW is the only program I had success with. Good luck to you.:)

I have been doing WW as well. I have been doing the Flex Plan, but I think I might switch over to Core next week. I didn't tell anyone I was banded but I wonder how many of us are in WW! I hope to get my 10% keychain this week!

Hi Kathy! I didn't do WW before surgery because I (foolishly) thought that if I was able to demonstrate I was capable of losing, my insurance company would not approve me! I got that impression from the nurse I was working with! However, that being said, I will follow WW once again once I am able to return to eating regular foods. They have a wonderful program. Try the "core" program which betrthnever mentioned above. A word of caution, though...do not mention you are going to be banded or have been banded. The leader in my class does not speak highly of people having been banded. I feel that is unfortunate as this is a tool to help us keep the weight in the long run. Good luck in your endeavors!:biggrin2:

Thanks for the warning Sapphire. I joined the online program specifically because of this and they even bash banders on the message boards there. It really is a shame that so many people who are in the same boat we are (needing to lose weight) have to justify their choice by looking down on those of us who have had surgery. It would be interesting to check back in 5 years and see how many of them have either put the weight back on or are considering/have had surgery.:tongue_smilie:

I think I will switch over to the Core program. Not knowing anything about either, I just picked one and ahve been going with it. Thanks for all the input and good luck to all of you!!