Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

You are home! Glad to see that you stayed a bit longer until all was ok to be on your own. If the dr requested you stay and the insurance approved your banding procedure, then most likely the extended stay is covered.

It is so necessary to maintain a sense of humor...ROFLOL about the dog and the gas!

You are so fortunate to have someone at home who supports you in your new eating plan. Some of us face opposition in that area at home. Not easy.

Great to hear that you are back and doing well and that the journey is well on the way now...something I am gearing up for....Faulkner also.

luv2teech7

How much weight did you lose between your first appointment with Dr. robinson to your second one after the dietition/psych etc appointments?

K8

luv2teech7

How much weight did you lose between your first appointment with Dr. robinson to your second one after the dietition/psych etc appointments?

K8

I don't remember the exact amount, but it was about half or a little more than half of what he wanted---maybe like 15 pounds? I think I had about 2-3 weeks to lose that, though....

I'm pretty sure it's not this coming week, but the following week....

Ok...In just two and a half hours I'll start my first 5 K. I'm not usually a nervous person, but I'm seriously shi***ng bricks....this was never one of my goals after surgery, but who'd have thought? A year and a half ago I weighed 314 and this was never even a fantasy for me!!!! Say a prayer for me around 10 this morning.... :tt2:

Hope everything went well!

l2t...how was the 5k ? Were you able to run with no band discomfort? How are you feeling?(other than proud that you participated...and rightly so!!)

I'm done!! I finished in 36 minutes, 31 seconds. I'm sore and I had this weird panic thing going on...I've run much farther before, but midway through mile 1 or so I started to have this total panic breathing. I don't know what happened. My heart was racing, I couldn't do a normal breathing thing, etc. I think my music was too fast and I truly just got nervous. I walked more than I wanted to....that will be my next goal for next year----to do the same course next year much faster and without walking. :tt2: I'm also hoping to have a much better week with eating before I do this again.

Congrats!

Now...the next time you get down-in-the-dumps..just remember this day and how much progress you have made and how much weight you have lost in the past year and a half.

You have LOTS to be proud about. KUDOS, l2t !

You have inspired me tremendously with your posts of weight loss and now the ability to do the 5K.

congrats on finishing your race l2t! Im going to get there at some point. Purhaps I need to set a fitness goal?

viv so sad to hear about your complications but that everything seems okay now. I would think with the steriod shot it may make you retain a bit more Fluid than usual. How could you come home to a bill already? It should be the surgery bc believe me the billing dept isnt that good. lol

Jay the B+W meeting is next Tuesday (19th) and I will be there for sure!

Specious Promises.

OK so I know I post frequently, and promise I won't take up so much board space with my posts....AFTER i ask this one last question from those who have gone through the process.

I realize the office is busy. But....

My Banding is scheduled in 2 weeks and I have not received any appointment dates for consults with the hospital or the dr for final 2 week pre-op diet, EKG etc. My $550 fee was taken over the phone by the secretary, but has not even been processed yet. My insurance was approved weeks ago!

I really am concerned. Did you who had dr Robinson at Faulkner have to wait until the last minute for prep? Did you not have a pre-op diet? I feel like I am. getting a subtle hint to look for another facility , and that if I need help post op I won';t be avble to reach the source of help.

Any regrets of going through Faulkner/Brig..not because of the expertise, but because of the run-around and lack of punctuality in scheduling appointments, etc.

Twice I was "I'll call you back before I leave the office today"..I am still waiting. Ok...I promise to rest from posting for a while.

Not much in the mood for a support meeting tonight...feel I need support from the OFFICE!

Specious promises.

Specious Promises.

OK so I know I post frequently, and promise I won't take up so much board space with my posts....AFTER i ask this one last question from those who have gone through the process.

My Banding is scheduled in 2 weeks and I have not received any appointment dates for consults with the hospital or the dr for final 2 week pre-op diet, EKG etc. My $550 fee was taken over the phone by the secretary, but has not even been processed yet. My insurance was approved weeks ago!

I really am concerned. Did you who had dr Robinson at Faulkner have to wait until the last minute for prep? Did you not have a pre-op diet? I feel like I am. getting a subtle hint to look for another facility , and that if I need help post op I won';t be avble to reach the source of help.

Any regrets of going through Faulkner/Brig..not because of the expertise, but because of the run-around and lack of punctuality in scheduling appointments, etc.

Twice I was "I'll call you back before I leave the office today"..I am still waiting. Ok...I promise to rest from posting for a while.

Not much in the mood for a support meeting tonight...feel I need support from the OFFICE!

Specious promises.

Tell them exactly what you said here. Jennifer, Dr. R's receptionist, is very down to earth, but I think she may be overwhelmed right now. HOWEVER, it doesn't make it ok for them not to call back. CALL her back....particularly before the end of a day if she hasn't called you back. I had 3 days of going back and forth with her until I offered to e-mail Dr. Robinson directly......do what you have to do. Be pushy, but be polite about it. "I know you're really busy right now, but I'm feeling like I'm being ignored----" Say what you have to say!!! Don't put up with the BS!!!

Call Jennifer at a time of day you feel you'll be able to get through... She does have all of your info, and I know she works hard to coordinate your visits so you can hit them all in a row the same day. Talk to her, and then don't be surprised if the next you hear from her, you get a letter from Dr. R. office with your scheduled appointments spelled out for you, within a couple days. I was a miffed at first, but then I remembered what it was like when I was a medical secretary for two busy surgeons...

If you like Dr R. than stick with it, things will come together. Call. If you have to email Dr. R. he will fwd it to Jennifer right away and she will call you immediately.

:thumbup:

:thumbup:

I am just chillin' I have pulmonology appt Wed the 13th at Faulkner, and last I saw Jennifer, a tentative Surgery date, at Faulkner, because that is where the pulmonologist I am seeing is, and so can see me after/during(if needed) surgery, on May 28, per Dr. R. wishes...

I really hope that this May 28 dates shakes out for me, its cutting things close to my first Cape Cod week in early July... followed by another week the first week of August. Will have to time fills for the lease amount of trouble to come while on vacay. :)

I plan to attend this months group at BWH, and hope to be well enough to come out for the June 2 Plastic Surgery talk...

Specious Promises.

Specious promises.

Hey singing, just thought I would share my story with you, but I played phone tag with Jennifer alot during school vacation week. She was out a couple of days as well. She is very busy but she should try a little harder to get back to people.

Before my surgery was canceled, I had my surgery scheduled for this wed. and as of last week, I got my preop appt. for tomorrow and they too never mentioned anything to me about the diet. I know that when I first called to book an appt. which was a monday, she said she had an opening for that following friday. She said I could start the preop diet that day and it would only put me on it for 4 days. I remember thinking the same thing though.

So it looks like my heart is fine, the holter monitor showed nothing significant, ekg was normal and since jennifer so kindly booked me an appt. to see a cardiologist tomorrow I will keep the appt. and close the loop. Just a little bummed knowing I was going to be banded 2 days from now. But better to be safe!

L2T, glad you had a good race and achieved your goal. I'm planning on going to the meeting next week, so hoping to meet some new faces. :thumbup:

I'm confused by the people who weren't told when to start their pre-op diet? Did you meet with the nutritionist? I did that at my first meeting with dr. Robinson and the nutritionist at faulkner (I forget her name but she runs a good support meeting) told me that I would start my pre-op diet two weeks before the surgery. She gave me a big packet of information that spelled out what food I would be eating two weeks before surgery, during surger, and for six weeks after surgery. Did you guys get that packet?

i feel like I have something the 19th, but I will try to make it, I love meeting up with you guys, I hope yvonne comes!