Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

thanks, sorry to bother u, im here at work, would you know the time for that, and are they walk ins, thinking of going?

thanks!!

Hey everyone!!!!! I'm back from my trip to Jamaica. We had a blast! I see I've missed alot. I haven't gained weight but I am not back on track yet. ttyl!

Sandy,

Let's face it...we all fear failure. We deal with it differently. I had my surgery less than 6 weeks after going to the info session. I knew NOTHING about this. I had never been on this site, never read any of the information they gave me and didn't want to know what could go wrong. I barely listened when they released me from the hospital. Bottom line? I didn't want to know about issues. I figured if I didn't know, it wouldn't matter. I was afraid that if I knew what was going on, I'd back out and I simply couldn't afford to be a failure at one more attempt. This was my last ditch effort. I think I single-handedly supported the campaign with Fergie with Weight Watchers--by paying and never going. I know I helped put many kids through college by frequenting all of the area take out restaurants! I needed a way out---to give myself control of this and I finally have it. I'm still not where I want to be. I workout completely out of fear---fear that if I don't, I'll fail at this, too. I think it's that fear that keeps me motivated. If the fear is paralyzing, then maybe you should listen to it. If it's just the nervousness type, it's all healthy. You have to do what's right for you, and when the time comes, you'll make the decision! Good luck! :sad: Paige

Thanks Paige for your support.. again! I guess my fear is more of the nervousness type and the fact of being a mom and being put under really scares me too! I tried calling Jenn to see what is up cuz she never called me back and she was like well we have an opening for this friday. I was like thanks but no thanks!! We'll see what he says at my next appt. in a couple of weeks. Still waiting to hear back from Jenn on dates, I don't want to keep bugging her.

Jay hope you tell those phone people where to go.. ha ha

Singing, let us know how your next appt. goes. I won't be able to make the brigham meeting this month. It's my son's birthday :))

Have a great day all, it's gorgeous out there!!

Hey everyone. So I just made my appointment with Dr. Malcolm Robinson and was wondering if anyone had him for a surgeon for their WLS? My appointment in April 28 so I am really excited about it (and nervous of course). Is there anything I should bring to the consultation please let me know - & words of advice! Thank you all for the support! :wub:

K8

K8,

Whatever you do, DON'T diet before your initial consult appointment! He is going to tell you that you'll need to lose a certain amount of weight before surgery if you're approved....and the weight that will determine EVERYTHING will be from that first appointment! If I had known that, I would have eaten a little more before hand, just so the 30 pounds I had to lose pre-surgery weren't so hard to lose!!

luv2teech7

I am just at a 40.8 BMI..Will he say LB is not good for me? And will I have to lose ALOT of weight before surgery? I do not have any comorbidities, besides a knee problem, so I am hoping that even though I am just at a 40.8 BMI I will be oked for surgery by him. My Insurance company said that I am all set as long as the surgeons Oks. Do you think that I should just eat normally now so I dont lose anything before my consult?

k8

luv2teech7

I am just at a 40.8 BMI..Will he say LB is not good for me? And will I have to lose ALOT of weight before surgery? I do not have any comorbidities, besides a knee problem, so I am hoping that even though I am just at a 40.8 BMI I will be oked for surgery by him. My Insurance company said that I am all set as long as the surgeons Oks. Do you think that I should just eat normally now so I dont lose anything before my consult?

k8

Hi K8,

I'm the same as you, I'm just over 40 BMI with no other issues, He told me to lose 15-20 lbs and I've only lost like 3 and have been approved for a surgery date. I'm going to try to lose a little more before my next appt. in a couple of weeks. The only reason he would say I woudn't be able to have surgery, is because my Upper GI showed some different anatomy and he said it "shouldn't" be an issue but needed to discuss with his colleagues. I've been scheduled for surgery for May 13th as of today. Less than a month and from my previous post I am scared out of my mind but I know deep down, I really do need this. My husband and mom are both supportive of me and are the only people that will know this is happening. So Jenn did book me but said she needs to send a request in to the anasthesiologist. Things are moving pretty fast. I'm Holding on tight! :)

Singing, how did your appt. go? I believe it was yesterday If I'm not mistaken!

it was great to see everyone at the last meeting. I always walk away with something positive.

Hi Heidi glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation Any issues? Do we need to drag back Mommyslim into posting more? :)

Just started to feel better yesterday, finally had 3-4 days in a row without pbing. I was really worried there for a while and on the fence about calling for an unfill. Still going to keep my appt next Tues at 8:20am (I think someone asked me when it was) and I may ask for just a tiny bit taken out. You'd think I would have lost a ton of weight but no...only 2lbsin 3 1/2 months. Most important lesson...listen to those signs of fullness as quiet as they may be and put down the fork! lol

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Tiny! I had the most gut wrenching pains today---felt like I was being gutted with a dull spoon. I don't know if it was gastric stuff or female related, though I'm not PMS'ing...all I know is it went on for a few hours and I thought I was gonna die. (It was definitely lower than my band....somewhere between my hip bones) I don't know if it's band related. I had Soup for lunch then moved on to a Protein Shake after working out. Haven't felt much like eating, but have done a lot of lying around. No vomiting today, though! I think I'm probably due for a fill 2 pounds in 3 months is killing me, but I'm ok with that for now. I'm hoping that after running the 5K and going back to walking instead of running, I'll drop another 10-15 pounds.....UGH.....

it was great to see everyone at the last meeting. I always walk away with something positive.

Hi Heidi glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation Any issues? Do we need to drag back Mommyslim into posting more? :smile2:

Just started to feel better yesterday, finally had 3-4 days in a row without pbing. I was really worried there for a while and on the fence about calling for an unfill. Still going to keep my appt next Tues at 8:20am (I think someone asked me when it was) and I may ask for just a tiny bit taken out. You'd think I would have lost a ton of weight but no...only 2lbsin 3 1/2 months. Most important lesson...listen to those signs of fullness as quiet as they may be and put down the fork! lol

Thanks Mel!

No issues at all! :sneaky:

Considering where you gals were at the start, I would say you have made progress. I am so sorry to hear that you both are not feeling well..PB-ing, talk of vomiting. It scares me, actually.

I hate that kind of stuff in my own body and if anything the ONLY thing, actually...would change my mind about LB would be regurgitating and puking. I HATE it and could count on 2 hands the times that has happened to me in my entire life.

ANyways..I do hope you 2 are doing well today.

As for my appt, I had to push it up to next week as I had a funeral to attend at the same time..stuff happens!

well I will say it isnt fun staring at the toliet bowl but its NOT the same as true vomiting. I too had only done it a few times in my life (not counting my undergrad drinking years).

Never had a stomach bug up until the last 2 years and most recently back in February....that with the band is AWFUL! But I survived.

One of the most difficult things about the living with the band is its always changin, you never know how, when, and what will affect you. So its mostly trial and error and that frustrates people.