Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm new here and I'm looking for advice, guidance, words of wisdom, support.....I have a surgery date scheduled for 4/23 and since I found out two weeks ago I can't seem to stop eating. I'm eating more than ever. Maybe I think I need to eat everything I love now because I won't be able to after. Has anyone else gone through this?:confused2:

Welcome! Yes, I went through that before surgery also. I think when I went for my initial appointment, I was around 290 lbs. As I went through all the pre-op testing, and especially when I was approved by the insurance company, I started eating like there was no tomorrow. I weighed 319 at surgery. I guess it's psychological? I'm not sure. I think I finally felt like there was some hope, and at the same time I gave up fighting and any amount of willpower I may have had left.

Much sucess on your journey! I think you'll find a lot of support and guidance here!

I'm new here and I'm looking for advice, guidance, words of wisdom, support.....I have a surgery date scheduled for 4/23 and since I found out two weeks ago I can't seem to stop eating. I'm eating more than ever. Maybe I think I need to eat everything I love now because I won't be able to after. Has anyone else gone through this?:confused2:

Welcome Nikki !!! This is all new to me also, I`m being banded on 4/9 and I can`t seem to get the dang food stuff off my mind. My husband asked me where do I want to go for my last supper. lol!!! I told him Im not having a last supper just a real good meal the Sunday before because I getting myself ready for my surgery and do plan on eating lite the last few days before my surgery. I feel if I don`t then it will be that much harder when I get home afterwards when my stomach will be growling from no food in it just liquids. Oh I have been shopping only for me also. I even made a place strictly for my foods away from all the other stuff, so I wont be opening this cabinet and that one. I got on line and order all my protien powders and some Soups. I`m getting mentally ready for this. I go 4/3 for my pre-register then afterwards I am going to go buy me a blouse and a pair of capri pants 6 sizes smaller so I can look at it everyday after surgery so I have something to look forward to getting into in months down the road. So good luck girly and let me know how your doing time to time.

Hi. This is my 1st post to this site. i was banded on March 14, 2008 in Mexico, yes you read correctly. i had a very positive experiance and would be happy to share it with anyone. My insurance refused to pay for the banding here and the cost in Mexica was 8000.00, much less then here.

I am on the post opt diet which now consists of creamy Soup, it is hard for me to be faithful but the thought of the band slipping scares me to death.

i am looking forward to meeting people on this forum.

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I am trying to learn as much as I can as I am wanting to get lap banded. How was your experince in Mexico which Dr and town did you use? Please tell us about it