Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New yummy recipes for mushy stage and beyond

Mama Leones chicken Soup

Saute in a soup pot with a little butter:

1 small onion

3 stalks celery

1 zuchinni

3-4 sliced mushrooms

Add:

1 can chicken broth

2 cans diced tomatoes

2 cups of chopped cooked chicken (easiest if you get the pre-roasted rotissorie chickens and just use part of it)

1 pint of light sour cream or whipping cream

salt and pepper

oregano and basil

a couple of handfuls of chopped spinach at the end

Another yummy recipe:

Southwest Scramble

Scramble 5 eggs (for 2 normal people, it seems I can only eat 1/2 of what I think is a band serving)

Just before they get done add 1 small can of chilis to the eggs

Top with a little bit of cheddar and light cream cheese.< /p>

Nobody has noticed the yummy recipes I have posted.

Pink if you see this thread, that Soup would be good blended or strained. You'll be able to have the soft foods (like the egg recipe soon too).

Yes we noticed the recipies Teresa... :) I am just not up to actually cooking a pot of soup! so much easier to stay out of the kitchen and eat simple Soups.< /p>

At the bed and Breakfast I work at, when the owner cooks Soups and just about anything else she cooks, she always does it in huge batches so she can freeze several individual portions of it. It makes life so nice.

Sounds better than Campbells, that's for sure! That's a good idea to freeze the leftovers. I'm kind of like Crystal though, the less time in the kitchen, the better. However, I do get a wild hair occasionally...I'll keep these handy. Thanks!

Teresa this soupssounds delicious, I will have to make it for my son he loves chicken Soup.< /p>

For me personally, I so not do Soups, liquid calories... they kill me. I prefer to get my calories in solid form to last longer in my pouch, keep me satisfied longer, but again, thanks for posting it I am going to print this out and make a pot for the family, we have some rain on its way this week, and there is nothing better then homemade soups on a cold rainy day

Yummy, sounds really good. I think I might try this one soon and I dont even have a band yet. Teresa, send more recipes. I am going to need all the help I can get.

Michelle, I thought along the same lines as you do about liquid calories but this Soup is actually very chunky and filling. When I make it I use the light Tillamook sour cream and when I did the calorie count it looked like it had about 250 calories per bowl but that is a big filling bowl. I was averaging that it made 6 servings and it really does.

That scrambled egg thing is good too. That is just something I made up the other day. I love chili poppers and chili rellanos so I try to replicate them in egg dishes. That soup recipe was actually pure luck. They sell it at my favorite grocery store made in their deli section but its kind of expensive. So I asked them last week what was in it and the girl was so sweet she looked up the recipe for me. Of course I made a fast mental note of all of it and off I went grabbing the ingredients. They use cream in theirs but I like it just fine with the light sour cream. I felt so slick. Anyway best wishes, Teresa

P.S. I just made another batch last night and used an extra can of diced tomatoes. My hubby thought it actually improved it even more and made it a little zestier. I was including that extra can when I did the calorie count. I went ahead and added it into the recipe too.

You just got me thinking about other yummy recipes. At the B&B two of my all time favorites are spinach gnocci and crab cakes but we also make a heavenly french toast using honey and challah bread. I haven't tried the french toast since being banded though. I am a science student but to be honest, my most fun science experiments are in the kitchen. I always change recipes to fit my preference. Here are two others that I love:

Ham, Potato, cheese yumminess (I grew up on this recipe. I'm sure the calories aren't great but its yummy on those cold chilly days or when you need comfort food)

Par boil 5 small-medium potatos

Meanwhile make a basic white sauce using broth, 1 bottle of good beer and a little milk, at the very end (after it is thickened) add in 2 cups of grated SHARP cheese.< /p>

Once the potatos are mostly done cube them into a casserole dish, add in some chopped/cubed ham and top with the sauce. Bake for 45 minutes @ 350

Jack, that beer cheese Soup is basically a slightly thinner version of that white sauce.

Another much healthier recipe:

Lentil Soup

Simmer 1 lb of lentils or split peas in 4 cups of Water and 2 can of chicken broth with a smoked ham shank for 1 hour. Remove shank and add in 3 well chopped carrots, 3 well chopped celery sticks and 1 well chopped onion (I always just pop them in the food processor). Put all the vegis in the pot with the lentils and simmer for another 40-60 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, marjarom and bay. Debone any of the meat off of the shank and add back to the pot.

Teresa -

You are so Lucky!! I have always wanted to own my own B&B! I think it would be so much fun getting to know all the people that come and stay with you... faces always changing. You really are lucky to work at one.

The recipes sound GREAT!!

They have some "Southwest" egg beaters that sound similar to the recipe you gave. I got the cheese and Chive, but I am going to give yours a try. I start Mushies TODAY!! WOOHOO!

okay Teresa, you inspired me. Here is what I've been living on for most of the week...

Broccoli Soup

½ onion

Garlic

Butter or olive oil

Broccoli

Salt 1 tsp (or to taste)

Spice to taste (I've used basil, chipolte and Herbs de Provence (the lavender is wonderfully delicate) in different batches.)

Milk or stock

spiced Sausage (if desired)

cheese (if desired)

Sauté onion and garlic until soft and translucent. Add thawed vegetables, cook until soft on low heat. Add salt and spices. Add milk or stock. Cook until desired consistency.

For variation, add a sliced spiced sausage before you add the vegetables, or instead of using broccoli, use broccoli, cauliflower and carrot frozen mixed vegetables.

Add your favorite cheese to finish.

For liquid stage, use a stick blender to completely liquefy soup.

I was in a hurry and made this recipe this morning. So easy, quick and went down fine!

Nonfat Cooking Spray

1 egg

1 tbs shredded cheese

1 medium slice Tomato, diced

Use: custard cup, ramekin or coffee cup

1. Spray cup w/nonfat cooking spray
  2. Add 1 egg, tomato and any seasoning you like
  3. Whisk w/fork
  4. Microwave on high 20-30 seconds - you will see the egg start to puff up like a souffle!
  5. Remove from microwave--sprinkle cheese on top
  6. Microwave for another 5-10 seconds to melt cheese.

This is surprisingly good -and you can add anything you like (just make sure your cup is big enough!) Has the consistency of a frittata or omelette.