Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Great 2 oz cups for food

If you are on the 2 oz at a time deal, I found these great cups at WalMart--they are 3 oz. plastic cups and come in a count of 100. I poured 2 oz. of Water in one and marked it with a sharpie, then I marked the whole pack so that it's easy to fill up and my kids can fix my meals and Snacks and all for me. Plus...it's easier to use than the medicine cups and I feel a little more human and not quite so much like an idiot! I wasn't even embarrassed to use them yesterday at a family gathering. Think I'll have to share this on a message board! Also, those little spoons from baskin robbins for tasting ice cream--haven't shopped for em yet, but I'm gonna find em cuz that's what they want us to use. My nurse at the hospital was able to get me a bunch from the cafeteria before I left, so I keep re-using them. Gonna look on Ebay and at Michaels and Sysco and stuff for the plastic spoons--I'll post if I find the spoons soon...don't know how much longer I'll need them, but I like em...makes me stay disciplined! :)

Nikki-

Can you explain how the little cups work - or more specifically - how you're using them? I have a whole bunch of the Ikea kid bowls, but I'm fairly certain they're larger than 2oz (I've not measured them out yet).

I bookmarked the spoon link (thanks!).

-m

I use them so that I don't have to measure out 2 oz. each time i go to eat something. I can just fill it to the line. Does that make sense? It's just quicker and easier.

It does. :lol:

I got my 'food list' today. 1oz every 15 min?! Feh....

I have those little tiny Dixie cups, but even they get a little soggy after a few minutes. I looked online for 2oz plastic cups and what came up are those little containers sour cream comes in with burritos !!!:sneaky:

I'm thinking I"m going to cruise on over to ebay and see what I might find. This should be interesting.

-m

LOL--they are at Walmart if you can go there. Yeah, they are like Dixie cups but they are plastic. I can even put warm broth in them. I wouldn't bother with ebay since you'd have shipping. :sneaky:

Here are pictures!:lol:

I think this is a great thread. I looked for one like it when I was just starting out and couldn't find it.

I was at Sam's Club yesterday and found the little portion cups they use at restaurants for salad dressing to go, etc. The only problem is you have to buy huge quantities. I wonder if they are available in smaller quantities someplace else. hmmmm.

As far as the spoon issue goes. I dug out the baby feeding spoons I used for my kids and bought a couple of shrimp fork from Oneida (on clearance because I really didn't care if it matched.) and I keep them in a toothbrush holder I bought at Target so I have them when I need them. They have longer handles than the sample spoons do so it looks less conspicuous when in public.

I think the 3 ounce plastic dixie cups are a great idea.

Wheres the line at on the cups? lol those will be good once i start eating again.

I think Nikki said that she measured out 2oz the first time around and then marked it on the rest of them. I would guess that you'd get pretty good at eyeballing it after a while. :ohmy:

-m

While I was off for the surgery, I did some investigation and found small tupperware bowls that are just perfect for bringing my little lunch to work with me!

They are called the "little wonders" bowls and hold 1/2-3/4 cup at a time. After we eat dinner, I take the leftovers and spoon them into a few of these bowls and freeze them. (I have about nine in the freezer at work right now!) Then I just take a few out at a time to have for the next days at work.

The cheapest I find are on Ebay--but they are just so slick I had to tell you all!! :ohmy:

Very cool about the little wonders! Yes, dancinglamb--as for the lines on the cups dreamsize8, i poured 2 oz of Water into a cup and marked it and then marked a whole bunch of the cups...and yes, dancing you are right too about eyeballing it--I can tell now about what it is...they are just pretty durable...but they are disposable so I don't have to take dirty dishes home from work which is WONDERFUL for me!!! I always end up forgetting them in my car, etc....hate that! BUT...may have to check out the little wonders for at home and on occasion. Dreamsize, I use them for my Protein Drinks too so that I can be sure to get my 2 oz of Protein drinks in about every 2 hours or so too...it helps me keep track...I just keep em stacked on my desk or keep a tally of them if I'm reusing the cup, etc.

Thanks...bought some little wonders--got some of the midgets too...the 2 oz ones...those are pretty cool too!

Dart 200PC 2 oz. Translucent Plastic Souffle / Portion Cup 125/PK Product details

was reading posts and here is a place you can get 2 ounce cups

if you buy large quantities with ground shipping it turns out anywhere from 3 to 10 cents a piece @ least for me

Edited by mi_illusion_st

Such a great thread! I bought the smallest Glad-type bowls I could find but these are such great ideas! I'm off to ebay and then check out costco tomorrow.