Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

hello everyone

ok venzwife, i know what im about to say you have been told before. the band is just a tool to help you out. just because you can still anything dosen't mean you need to. please try to keep to eatting alittle. i know its hard to do. we all have been there manytimes. im there right now. im going to go and get a fill on the 7th which should put me at 7cc's. if you think you need another fill then call and talk to the office and let them know whats going on with you. you can make your pocket bigger by eatting more then need be. i know you might be getting full on the size of food you are suppose to eat. thats when you need to try a few other thinks. like drink more Water, protein shakes, etc....

well im coming to the next support group meeting. i have missed tha last 2 becuase of sickness and death in the family. and i can tell i need it bad. i had a bad time dealing with my aunt(like a second mother) death. i went into the "bad eatting" mode to feel better. and i have missed seeing all the people from the meets.

and everyone have a great new year

Hey Jason. Nice to hear from you. Happy New Year! I do hope you can make the next meeting.

I know what you mean about losing loved ones. I lost my Aunt Joyce the day before Christmas Eve. We had talked with her around lunchtime and two hours later she was gone. She makes the 7th family member I've lost in 2009.

All were old except for my retarded cousin (53yrs) but it's still hard to deal with the losses.

I have a question, please. How do I know if I've stretched out my pouch? I am getting paranoid b/c I'm at 7.5ccs and don't really feel enough restriction. Some days I can eat a cup of Protein and a cup of veggies and other days I can't manage that much. I'm afraid I'm serving myself too much and if I don't watch it, I can eat the whole serving.

Apparently I'm not doing well with just "eye-balling" the amount. I do use a smaller plate and a small fork, chew & take time eating but the amounts seem to be more than I thought I would be eating. I didn't want to become a measuring addict but I might have too.

I am losing steadily but still afraid of stretching it out too much.

Somebody say something to make me feel better about all of this, please........

Edited by LollyMoe

Hey Jason. Nice to hear from you. Happy New Year! I do hope you can make the next meeting.

I know what you mean about losing loved ones. I lost my Aunt Joyce the day before Christmas Eve. We had talked with her around lunchtime and two hours later she was gone. She makes the 7th family member I've lost in 2009.

All were old except for my retarded cousin (53yrs) but it's still hard to deal with the losses.

I have a question, please. How do I know if I've stretched out my pouch? I am getting paranoid b/c I'm at 7.5ccs and don't really feel enough restriction. Some days I can eat a cup of Protein and a cup of veggies and other days I can't manage that much. I'm afraid I'm serving myself too much and if I don't watch it, I can eat the whole serving.

Apparently I'm not doing well with just "eye-balling" the amount. I do use a smaller plate and a small fork, chew & take time eating but the amounts seem to be more than I thought I would be eating. I didn't want to become a measuring addict but I might have too.

I am losing steadily but still afraid of stretching it out too much.

Somebody say something to make me feel better about all of this, please........

LollyMoe--from what I understand from talking to the docs it is VERY DIFFICULT to stretch out your pouch. You have to constantly be overeating....I dont' about you but what happens to me when I over eat--I throw up! SO I honestly really and truely dont believe you have anything to worry about...there are some days where I can eat 2cups and some days where I can only eat a few bites...it will vary. Your stomach moves and your band is going to move....hte important thing is that you're losing and seem to be doing well!! Good luck to you!!!!

Thanks Kaninag. I think I was just feeling sorry for myself and worrying about too much. When I spend time reading all the posts on the regular Lapbandtalk, I get to worrying & thinking too much about it. I just want to be so successful with all of this and I can't afford to blow it.

Thanks again. It makes me feel better this morning.

Hey everyone! I had no idea that Drs. Miles and Schmidt had a page. I was banded by Dr. Miles on 12/14 and am in the midst of getting use to this whole thing. Looking forward to meeting all of you at the next meeting :smile2:

I am stuck I am stuck and it sucks!!! I dont have that much more to go...my husband broke my elliptical and I really want a new one anyway but guess who first wants to "GLUE" it back together and if that doesnt work then we'll buy the 100dollar part...im like I ALREADY HAVE ANEW ONE PICK OUT!!!!

I can't come to the January group meeting due to a big family wedding. Can you imagine the nerve of this family planning a wedding on my group day???? LOL. Oh well, I'll bite the bullet this month and I hope to see some of you in February. If anyone goes, maybe they will post a report on anything interesting.

Tell hubby that it isn't safe to glue a machine back. It's a accident in the making. Besides, you deserve a new one.

Tell hubby that it isn't safe to glue a machine back. It's a accident in the making. Besides, you deserve a new one.

thats right i do dont i?!!!:thumbup::lol:

So for all of you veteran bandsters...

I was banded almost a month ago and am still on mushies. I go for my first fill in a couple of weeks.

I have no restriction at all. I am trying really hard to only eat about a cup of food, but I feel like I can eat like I did before I had surgery.

Is it possible to stretch my new stomach at this point?

I really want to make sure that I am doing this correctly, but I am so miserable.

Have any of you experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

So for all of you veteran bandsters...

I was banded almost a month ago and am still on mushies. I go for my first fill in a couple of weeks.

I have no restriction at all. I am trying really hard to only eat about a cup of food, but I feel like I can eat like I did before I had surgery.

Is it possible to stretch my new stomach at this point?

I really want to make sure that I am doing this correctly, but I am so miserable.

Have any of you experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

DONT worry!!! this is part of that whole bandster hell thing!!!! Right now you have to ellicit total self control! Tons of ppl dont have restriction until after some fills...some are lucky dogs and never have to have a fill!!!

IT is very difficult to stretch your stomach!!! I think its actually easier for gastric bypass pts to stretch out the pouch than it is for lapbanders...not sure why...but anyway....you're gonna do great...just stick to your plan....exercise drink lots of water!!! and dont worry :tt1:

I noticed the 100lbs lost Kanina!! WAY TO GOOO!!!

WHY thank you very much!!!! I am upping my goal though...30 more to go now :) its addicting!!!

DONT worry!!! this is part of that whole bandster hell thing!!!! Right now you have to ellicit total self control! Tons of ppl dont have restriction until after some fills...some are lucky dogs and never have to have a fill!!!

IT is very difficult to stretch your stomach!!! I think its actually easier for gastric bypass pts to stretch out the pouch than it is for lapbanders...not sure why...but anyway....you're gonna do great...just stick to your plan....exercise drink lots of water!!! and dont worry :blink:

Thanks so much, that was really helpful!!

WHY thank you very much!!!! I am upping my goal though...30 more to go now :blush: its addicting!!!

I know what you mean. I think once I reach my goal, then I will tack on another 10 for good measure. We started a plan this week at work. Bringing lunch 4 out of 5 days and eating bfast and Snacks in the office. Hopefully this will help with those last few pounds.

Hell or high Water I will be at the meeting this Saturday. I might have to cut out a little early for a birthday thing.

I have an appt with a plastic surgeon on Feb. 2. They will let me know if I have enough skin on my abdomen for insurance to pay for removing it. If I do, then I plan on doing it this summer when things are a little slower at work. Keep your fingers crossed.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!