Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

I am disappointed that I can't make it to this month's meeting. We are having Christmas at my grandparents house on Saturday at 12 so I wouldn't have to go and get back to the house to get them fam and make it to Minor where my grandparents live... BUMMER> I was looking forward to it, guess I will just have to wait til the January one...

Do yall just weigh yourself on a specific day or what? I got a scale for the house but I don't wanna get on it everyday but anyway just wondering..

kanineg, im glad there coming. maybe they bring pics of the trip they just got back on.

also me and kim is thinking about going to las vegas in feb. you and zach should go with us.

razberry, i weight myself about every other day until this month. just because im afraid i have gained a little. so im working out more this week before i go to the meeting this weekend. which i will weight there.

Viva las vegas..we'll have to talk more about that sounds fun NEVER been!!!!

razberry I weigh myself every day several times a day but thursday are my official weigh and record day....I got my scale from bed bath and beyond and I compared it against the scale at where I work and its dead on so.....

I am alive, but sooooo busy at the store. We've been putting out treats for our customers and the dang things keep jumping right up in my mouth! They won't stop! I'm home today preparing for our employees Christmas party and giving myself an attitude adjustment. We'll be in a parade Saturday (and working), so I won't make it to the meeting until January. I need it!

Fills can be difficult when the ultrasound gal marks the wrong spot. It happened to me one time and it was the only one that was uncomfortable. Notice I still didn't say hurt, because they don't.

I weigh every day. It really keeps me from losing control.

Back to work......

Enjoyed the meeting today! I hope that I get to make it next month-school starts Jan7th and I have to do clinicals every other weekend. Hopefully it will work out so I am off that weekend!

I also enjoyed the meeting yesterday. It was good to get to meet a few of you. Depending on my work schedule I may try to bring my wife to the January meeting so she can also sit in the bypass support group meeting and see if there are others that are having some of the problems she has.

Merry Christmas everyone.

I also enjoyed the meeting yesterday. It was good to get to meet a few of you. Depending on my work schedule I may try to bring my wife to the January meeting so she can also sit in the bypass support group meeting and see if there are others that are having some of the problems she has.

Merry Christmas everyone.

That would be great! Sometimes I think we help each other out more than the docs do...lol.

I was thinking about next year while I was at church fellowship tonight. I went through the line and didn't pile up my plate like I used to. As I was sitting there eating, I began to wonder what my plate would look like this time next year. Would I even go through the line? I've cooked for parties all week and tonight was the last big thing before Christmas. I didn't have much trouble staying away from the sweets although tonight I had two Cookies. Isn't amazing how much food is a part of our lives? Not just for nutrition but for celebration? Some of you who have your band, would you share how it used to be and tell us how it is now?

For thanksgiving I usually have a plate FULL of food and then get a plate full of dessert. This year I picked out 3 of my favorite foods-broc casserole, squash casserole and a deviled egg--I did have 1 bite of caramel pie....food just doesnt WOW me like it used to. Granted last night at a christmas party I had a little more than I did for thanksgiving but still no where near as much as I usually do....

I remember at thanksgiving (my dad forgets that I had the surgery) and he kept asking was something wrong with the food and why are you picking at your plate....I had to remind him that this is my way of eating now.

I just didnt realize until this yr how much we use food to celebrate--for Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years, EAster, Mothers and Fathers Day, 4th of July, Labor day, family reunions...all of it for my family at least always centers around food.......not for me anymore!

I had a great time at the meeting also. I love getting to see everyone's progress. Nice seeing all of you again!

This time last year I was miserable. I would eat until I was sick. At Thanksgiving and Christmas I would be the first in line to fix my plate and I would inhale my dinner and then be back up for 2nds before you knew it. Now I am still usually the first to fix my plate, but I only have a spoonful of my favorites. I might have a slice of pie at desert, but its usually very VERY small. And I don't take any plates home. My husband hates that...LOL!

Saturday, after the meeting I went to get some gift cards for some presents and I went through one of my son's friends checkout lines. I have known this kid since he was in elementary school. I was standing there giving him a hard time about being too young to work and then he looked at me and said "Man, you have lost a bunch of weight!". I was quite shocked/flattered. It was just nice to hear it that way. I hear it from my family, but you know its like they are supposed to say it. But for some reason, kids are more honest...LOL!

Hope everyone is staying warm!

=)

Shawna

Shawna it was very nice meeting you sat!

OK-I need opinion. I think Im gonna have another fill I have 6.5cc in 14cc band....when I got my last fill I couldnt eat bread or Pasta and maybe ate (when I ate bad fast food on the road) 4 chicken nuggets. NOW I can eat bread if I concentrate on it, I can eat a whole 10pc and not FEEL full, Last night (Im training on a new job) I came home BEAT so we got arbys---I WAS ABLE TO EAT 2 reg. roast beef sandwhiches (ignore these bad eating out habits we dont routinely do that)....I said oh Im just hungry bc I didnt take a lunch and was STARVING but thats crazy I shouldnt be able to eat that much plus I notice that I dont stay full as long.....so I think I know what everyone will say but I wanted to get opinions about getting another fill...I already have a lot in my band and I am really worried about getting overfilled and being miserable. I havent lost anything in awhile and Im exercising.......but I dont wanna be yacking either. SO Im def torn.

Kanin it was nice meeting you also.

I would say that you definately need another fill. Now I hear of being able to do that once in a blue moon. But if you are feeling hungry more often and able to eat 2 arbys, then its definately time for an adjustment. Like James said in the meeting the other day, sometimes we need a jumpstart!

Hope everyone is having a good week!

=)

Kanin it was nice meeting you also.

I would say that you definately need another fill. Now I hear of being able to do that once in a blue moon. But if you are feeling hungry more often and able to eat 2 arbys, then its definately time for an adjustment. Like James said in the meeting the other day, sometimes we need a jumpstart!

Hope everyone is having a good week!

=)

I called today to make an appt for a fill...Jan 5th I was hoping to be able to get it next week but I'll just have to wait I guess :thumbup: I just really really hope that this doesnt end up being too much.

merry christmas everyone!!!!

Merry christmas!!!