Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feel like I am fighting weight loss

Hello,

I feel like I am my own worst enemy. I was banded 11/26, I have had 3 fills and am now perfectly restricted. I have to eat slow, sometimes I slime, I have to chew a million times before swallowing. All good stuff to show me that I am restricted. I do well all day long, Protein Shakes for Breakfast & a snack & a very small salad for lunch and I am satisfied all day at the office. But as soon as I get home, hungary or not, I am obsessed with eating. I eat Sugar Free Chocolates - lots of them, CarbWell ice cream, pickles, olives, cheese, whatever I can get my hands on - all of this is after I eat dinner. I don't even know how I do it because during the day, it would all come back up. But at night I feel like a bottomless pit just as I did before the surgery.

Is anyone else having a similar experience? Any ideas how I can beat this night time binging?

Peaches I also have had 3 fills and sometimes I can eat a lot at one time. Then other times I will just have a few bites and I start sliming and it comes up. I don't get it. But I guess you have to keep busy at night when you are having problems. Maybe the pouch is expanded by nightime after eating and drinking all day. It's very aggravating, and I don't have a support group where I live to go to. Just this forum, so I am thankful for that. Lala123

I suggest a book called the Beck Diet Solution. It gives methods to teach yourself not to sabotoge yourself. It's helped me a lot. I got it on Amazon

for $9

Peaches I hear you loud and clear....... Since the past week with Easter coming up I to have been eating a few chocolate candies before bed time when my band is not so tight!! I've been slapping my hand and trying to pull myself back from distruction. other wise I'm doing good without any fills yet!! I'm at the point where I belive I'm now needing a fill to give me the control I had back two weeks a go. I know you had Dr. Forbes at Buffalo General but were starting a meeting outside at Delaware park once a month on Sat. with Dr. Hoffman. We meet the first time this Sat. at 8:00 to walk and talk etc..... Your welcome to join in on the fun. Let's talk, support, etc each other. Cynthia

pre band the night time binges were my biggest obstacle, and they are post band too. is that the same beck of cognitive behavioral therapy fame?

Thank you. It's good to know that the stuggles I am going through aren't exclusive to me. I just feel like I went through so much to get banded and surgery is a pretty drastic step, so why do I cheat? I think being banded has made me realize that my eating is behavioral and not about hunger at all. With that being said, I need to learn how to use the band to change my behavior.

Cynthia, where at Deleware Park are you meeting? I have a lot going on with Easter, but I may be able to sneak away for the support. It would be wonderful to other meet people that had this done. It's 8:00 AM, correct?

Peaches, I'm not banded yet but I do feel your pain with the night binge. That has been my worst enemy for years, and it stinks.

((hug))

Peaches... Yes 8:00 am and we all mentioned the juice Bar as a location to meet. I don't have a real firm grip of where that is exactly. I'm going to send you a private message with my cell number so you can call me if you go and we can meet up.... I'd hate to miss anyone that shows up for the fun!! Cynthia

Hi Cynthis, I will join you tomorrow. I know exactly where the juice stand is. I just left a voicemail for you w/ my phone #. I'll send a private message too, if I can figure it out :shades_smile:)