Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Albuquerque Support Group

Wow---what great results you have had dlsparks!!! We all make mistakes and learn along the way---but I have found that to be the good thing---the learning!

I have had a 2 year journey with my band, it has been very successful. I was completely unfilled a few weeks ago in preparation for my Tummy Tuck. The lessons I learned along the way have allowed me to continue on, with no fill, and no weight regain! Would be nice to hav a miracle cure, but this way has taught me some really valuable lessons!!!

Keep up the great work! And good luck as you begin ironbutterfly!!! You can do it!

Kat

There is a group forming in Corrales - We will meet at a Dr.'s office and are searching for banders who want to get together. Please contact me and we can get you the information - the first meeting (informal ) is planned for June 26 from 6:30-8:00.

I will be at your meeting -- please let me know the location. I only talk to one person who had the Lapband -- it was great feeling. I hope everyone can attend, I believe this to be one of the most important part of the lapband -- Thanks Dave

Hi Dave, I spoke with Clare yesterday and I too will attend the meeting on June 26th. We are meeting at Dr. Thal's office and Clare tells me that Dr. Allyson Thal has been trained to give fills. Don't have any particulars on that yet but we should get more info on it on the 26th. See you there.

I would love to come. I will be out of town part of that week and hopefully be back by the 26th. Could someone PM me with the details?

support group meeting at the end of June 2008 ......in corrales ..... calle Me Im Rose Gabaldon .....Clare got a hold of me and says it will be held at her doctors office . and the doctor has been taught to do fills (yea) ....856-1844 I will let you know as soon as Clare calls me thanks

Melanie, The support group will be at the office of Dr. Alyson Thal, 3841 Corrales Rd, Corrales Ph792-3065. I spoke with Rose and she had called the office and they confirmed the meeting. Hope that you can make it.

Hi everyone! I got my band, (AP small) in El Paso last month. I will not be able to attend this meeting, as I am going back there on Thursday the 26th for my first fill on June 27th. I live in the NE heights around Wyoming and Comanche. Even though Corrales is a little far for me, I might be able to attend once in a while. Please let me know when the next meeting will be. I have noticed that most WLS groups have a lot more folks who underwent gastric bypass as opposed to lap band. I am very happy with my choice. I have not met anyone at the other support group meeting that meets at Northside Presbyterian on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday that has had the the lap band done. So glad to know you all are close by!:embaressed_smile:

Hi NM Thin, I also live in the far NE Heights around Tramway and Paseo. I was not aware of the support group that meets bimonthly at the Northside Pres complex. I too am happy with my choice of the LapBand and am looking forward to finding a support group for just Lapbanders. Too bad that you cannot come the meeting in Corrales tonight. It will be wonderful to get someone here locally to do fills if the price is right. I got my band in PHX at WLIAZ from Drs. Orris/Debarros on 2/15/08. I have lost 37 pounds and have had two fills. This last one is a bit tight and if I am not very careful I can still get things stuck almost 6 weeks after that fill. Good luck with your first fill.

Edited by conniesant

Hello! Thanks for your reply. The group at Northside meets on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month. The meeting starts at 6:30 and is over at 8pm. Their e-mail is ABQNBB@yahoo.com. You can join that forum also if you wish. I am so sorry I cannot come this evening. I am off to El Paso at 7:45 since I have an 8am appointment tomorrow for my first fill. I used Providence Sierra Bariatric Center in El Paso with Dr. Bruce Applebaum. All went very well. I hope we can meet sometime and perhaps drive to the support group together...I will probably go to Northside the first week of July on Wednesday if you are interested. I do intend to attend the Corrales group in the future. I am excited to know there are several of us lapbanders here in town. For future fills I think I am going to use Dr. Cronk at Encino Imaging Center. My daughter is in the medical field and she highly recommended him. Also he does all of his fills under flureoscopy (sp). I will be happy not to travel out of town for this again. :Angel_anim: At least it seems we will have some choices for the fills! Marian

Thanks for the info Connie! I will be there tonight, hopefully it won't be hard to find, I don't think I have ever been to Corrales.

Hi Marian, How did your first fill go? The first support meeting in Corrales went very well. Send me an e-mail and perhaps we can meet for coffee and I'll tell you all about it. There were ten of us bandsters there and I feel that it will be a really wonderful support group once we decide on the day of the week for our future meetings. conniesant@comcast.net

My surgery date is July 29 in Phoenix with Dr. Terry Simpson. Does anybody else here in Albuquerque have him as a doctor?

Has anyone heard from Clare about when the next meeting is going to be? I haven't gotten anything yet.

Went to met Connie today, have some great sharing..but would like to try to get a group togehter! I was banned 8/8/08...it was a breeze for me, have lost 27 lbs in 17 days (1/3 the way there!)and feel just GREAT..no fills yet, but very happy..I had Dr Jeremy Korman in Marina Del Rey, Cal., can't say enough good about him..from 1st applying for the surgery, with insurance (Blue Crss/Blue Schield) approval took 45 days total for surgery to be completed!, It was all handled on line. It would be great to met others for group support, tale swapping, diet tips, group excerize, exercise buddies etc. Connie and I will ARRANGE IT ALL..just need to know where you are??? Email if interested ChuckInnABQ@msn.com would love to get this going!:crying: