Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

not filled yet and eating everything i can.. 2 weeks post OP anyone with same issue??

I was banded 3/11/08. I was on liquids for 1 week, then 1 week of mushy's, now I am on to solid food slowly. I did have some ham this weekend for easter, that sure tasted good. I also had a quarter of a wheat wrap with deli sliced turkey and a slice of cheese on. It was good and I just made sure I chewed it very well. Also have been enjoying some cantelop. One secret one person told me is sugar free, Fat free choclate fudge pudding. It is very good and only 25 calories a serving (I think) and just a drop of cool whip free on top, very good, make sure to only have one serving at a time though but really helps the sweet tooth. I feel like I could eat anything, and have not had any problems yet, but have been very careful, but I was told I can start solid foods slowing starting week 3.

I was banded 3/11/08. I was on liquids for 1 week, then 1 week of mushy's, now I am on to solid food slowly. I did have some ham this weekend for easter, that sure tasted good. I also had a quarter of a wheat wrap with deli sliced turkey and a slice of cheese on. It was good and I just made sure I chewed it very well. Also have been enjoying some cantelop. One secret one person told me is sugar free, Fat free choclate fudge pudding. It is very good and only 25 calories a serving (I think) and just a drop of cool whip free on top, very good, make sure to only have one serving at a time though but really helps the sweet tooth. I feel like I could eat anything, and have not had any problems yet, but have been very careful, but I was told I can start solid foods slowing starting week 3.

I'm a big user of diet pudding with a dab of lite cool whip. :thumbup:

My doc was so relaxed about the diet stages compared to what I read about here (and compared to the dietitian's warnings!). After 8 days the surgeon said to go to "Stage 3+" in other words mushies, but trying solids too. So now 3 weeks out I can eat just about anything. If I start too fast I get an immediate pain in my chest, but if I chew well and go slow, it goes down fine. I feel a bit of restriction and really suffer after a meal if I eat too much; I just wish the warning that I've eaten too much would come sooner!

I hope I haven't rushed it, I really do.

yes yes YES!!! I feel the same way. I am two weeks post op and able to eat chicken, yogurt and yoke free noodles. I feel fuller quicker but still am hungry? Are we ruining everything!!!!

sharon;)_

that is sooooooooo good to hear!!! I feel better now. My doctor seems to be so set on liquids for 4 weeks then soft then no regular diet until 5=7 weeks!!!! come on.....I can't beliee that we really hurting anything. I'm still eating much less than pre surgery and losing weight

sharon;)

that is sooooooooo good to hear!!! I feel better now. My doctor seems to be so set on liquids for 4 weeks then soft then no regular diet until 5=7 weeks!!!! come on.....I can't beliee that we really hurting anything. I'm still eating much less than pre surgery and losing weight

sharon;)

Oh my, I think I would have lost my mind eating nothing but Protein drinks for another 3 days much less 3 more weeks! The bad thing is I'm losing very slowly if at all, because I am "able" to eat about 80% of what I could before surgery. So yeah, it's about forming good habits now.

I finally started mushies yesterday. So far I was getting full with the Protein Shakes and soups.. but just knowing that now I can eat many different foods.... made me really hungry and kept thinking about all the things I could eat. Then I ate too quickly and felt uncomfortable. That was the sign and I started to repeat to myself that the hunger is in my head not on my stomach, it helped a little. I guess I have to do that every day, because today after eating half a cup of mushies I realized I could eat more and I really want to split the cup into at least 2 meals and I really want to stick to the guidelines so I don't want to over eat. Anyway, I love this site because it always makes me feel better, reassuring me that I am doing the best for myself and that I am not alone in this journey, you are all there with me.

Thanks.

I'm in the same situation. I am eating soooo much. I want my first fill NOW!!! Grrrrrrr. I want icecream. I want Cookies. I want cake. I want chocolate. I want chips. I want a hamburger! I want fries!!!!

Ok. Now that I'm over that rant I must say that I am not feeling any restriction and am sick of oatmeal and bananas. I feel like a monkey and maybe it's just because it's the weekend and I'm a bit bored, but I am sick of Water, too!

Any advice?

I'm in the same boat as you. I seem to be eating everything. I was banded on 3/17/08 and I have fallen off the wagon.

I think we just need to hang in there until we get filled. In reading all the blogs we really don't have restriction just a smaller pouch. I'm joining the gym this week and be able to start walking and exercising.

We'll be fine.....sharon

I get my first fill tomorrow....I'm really hoping it does some good because I am torturing myself right now watching the food network....dear lord....pie!!!!

HI, don't feel bad. Hopefully some banded vets can chime in and give us some words of advice. I've "cheated" too :scared2: and the guilt I feel is worse then ever before. But even when I did cheat it was nothing even close to the crap I ate before I was banded. I guess that helps the guilt a little, LOL

I can't wait to get my first fill, I hope my Dr. does it on 4/10 at my next appointment.

Edited by ronwifey

I was banded on March 18, 2008, and I am supposed to be on Clear liquids until mid april... I am having a really hard time with it, so much so that I have added cream of wheat, apple sauce, cottage cheese and occasionally chicken for Protein. I have tried several suggested Protein shakes (wasted 100's of $'s) and still have not found one I am able to choke down without gagging, so I know that is where a lot of the hunger feelings are coming from and the need for Protein. I also have been craving all that is bad for me. I am glad to know I am not the only one. Has anyone slipped the band from this sort of pre fill eating?

Thanks and Good Luck!!!

J

Hello Everyone,

It's good to meet you all. I was banded on February 28, 2008. Experience was uneventful. The first couple of weeks I followed the regimine to the t, but then got horribly sick. Not band related, but a violent stomach flu (my whole family had it). I was vomiting a lot and without even thinking I resorted to my old standby: ginger ale and crackers, progressing to tea and toast. I didn't even realize I was supposed to be on a full liquid diet. Anyway, since then I have only been about 2/3 faithful to the plan. I haven't had my first fill yet, but am worried I may have damaged my band and my chances of success. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks,

M

I was worrying it was only me that felt like I was failing! All good intentions,but appetite as big as ever! 1st fill in a couple of weeks,I cant wait.

Boy do I know how you feel I was recently banded (3-27-08) and I want to do a drive by at a fast food drive in. I did not want the band but the doctor I selected said the Gastric Sleeve was not very good.

So, I opted for the band not wanting my intestines re-directed, but If I can eat like this I feel as if surgery was in vain. I need help ALREADY!!!!!!

okay, am 2 weeks exactly post op- a week 1/2 into the liquids, my stomach was rumbling VIOLENTLY!!! & i could tell the difference between the surgery gas & hungry by this point (which really doesnt bother me) but the violent pangs HURT a bit- so to appease it, i found that if i toss sugar free coco, a tblspn of Peanut Butter & 8oz of skim milk into the food processor or blender, i have shake- make sure if you do this, you keep stirring as it does eventually seperate- but it is filling- so much so that i only drink a few sips & stick it in the fridge for later- i have also found that if you take a baked potato, add sour cream (fatfree/light) and a bit of Water & cheese & season it, you can mush it up to almost liquid & eat that- i do about 2 tblspns at a sitting if i am lucky, and make sure to chew the lumps out before swallowing- drink a tiny bit of Water with it & it goes down/thru- & i am full for hours- hope that helps you- also found that lowfat/sodium crackers melt/dissolve in your mouth & 2 will also fill me up for hours...call me weird, but those hunger pains HURT!!!!

just a thought for you ladies who are starving!

~Mimi