Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had first PB this weekend...in public too!

My worst PB'ing episode ever was at Cracker Barrel. I was eating scrambled eggs too fast and got that familiar feeling of "Oh my God, it's coming up, like it or not." I got up and walked quickly towards the bathroom. As I was walking, my mouth was filling up with slime. I got to the bathroom door and as I reached to open it, a little girl jumped in front of me and stopped. I couldn't open the door...........

I looked down at her with that "Deer in the headlights" look and BAMMMM! Threw up right in her hair!:biggrin: She was so cute too, before the slime covered scrambled eggs landed in her little pigtails. Her mother was mortified! She looked at me with disgust and disbelief and grabbed her daughter. She yelled,:thumbup: "What is wrong with you? Are you crazy?" I offered to clean the slime covered eggs from her little girls hair as I continued to slime and gag in the neighboring stall but she was too pissed to accept my offer. (Some people are so ungrateful!:))

As I was leaving the bathroom, I saw her and her family standing by the front door. All of them had on their Sunday best. Appearantly, they were all on their way to church or something. I felt awful.

I am very careful now, I don't eat eggs in public anymore.

When I said I have trouble with chicken I meant that when I have PB'd it has often been from chicken. I PB maybe once a week, usually less, that isn't excessive. I eat chicken and turkey in every form all the time, believe me if I couldn't eat it I would go insane! Everyone has trouble wtih different foods - like I said I also have trouble with cake, which is a relatively soft food but I think the dryness gets to me. Excessive PB'ing IS bad and is a signal that your band is too tight (I think some people get too tight on purpose to promote quick weight loss, but that's a different post...) It is normal to PB at times because with the band there are so many variables - one day you can do something with no repurcussions, the next you can have a problem. When you are overly hungry (and therefore forget to go slow) you can PB just from not paying attention. You can also get tighter when you are eating in a stressful situation. This can cause a PB. The basic rule is to take it slow and relax but in this world that isn't always easy! So, no, drinking Protein Shakes is NOT the answer!!! I never drink them, was instructed not to by my doctor - the band is designed to work with dense (solid) food and if you can't handle it (especially chicken!!!) it means you are too tight. Wanted to clarify that for time2bandme so she wouldn't go into this with the wrong idea. I would think if a person was PB'ing every day they should get an unfill. That also varies from person to person because it doesn't bother everyone that much. My PB's are a VERY painful, long ordeal and I wouuld absolutely never be able to do it in public without scaring everyone away. If I had to do that every day I would get my band taken out! Hope this helps!

Oh my god miss. I know I shouldn't, but I'm laughing. That poor girl hah.

Closest I came to that, was some fancy restaurant.. knowing I shouldn't I ate bread. Start slimin & PBing in my mouth, only 1 bathroom and I'm next in line.. I had it building up and couldn't talk.. a drunk girl comes up babbling about how bad she has to pee, hoping I would let her go in front of me. She never shut up, I just gave her dirty looks. I was 2 seconds from barfing on her, but it was intentional hah. Luckily, whoever finally came out of the bathroom.

missmonaaz

ohh my gosh, i totally feel horrible for the puking on the kid, but ohhh my gosh i just sat here laughing so hard over it. LOL

I am so sorry... but i am cracking up... I think I would of offered to by the girls meal or therapy. Poor dear :)

It is funny..................NOW, and everytime I think about it, I laugh. But, at the time, I was totally embarrassed. I just kept thinking, "What if they are on their way to get a family portrait or something."

I think the funniest part was watching the mother gag, over and over again, almost causing herself to throw up, as she pulled the slimy mess from her daughter's hair. Anyone who has ever slimed before knows that stuff is like neverending strands of goop. It is really hard to get a breaking point.:lol: I thought for sure she was going to be joining me for a puke fest but she managed to get her daughter cleaned up without adding to the incident.

I've got to say this thread is one of the funniest things I've ever read.

I'm almost looking forward to having my first public PB so I can share it with all of you. Almost.

Jena

This is hillarious! Once I get my band, I just know my DH is going to have a great time with my "side effects" even though I won't!

Aggh! I havent been banded yet and this thread is scaring me! LOL... I hate to throw up so I am hoping its not as bad as it sounds! :lol:

:confused_smile:Ok - So I am a new bandster and not sure of some of the lingo as of yet. What exactly is PB?? I can't quite figure it out!!...................Kim

I'm no expert having been banded on 2/13, but it stands for productive burp. It's not barfing as one would imagine; but with me, I keep eating too fast or taking too big of a bite and them WHAM, as I mentioned earlier I'm told I get that "deer in headlights" look then try to find a bag or something fast. Then, I just cough and "BAM" into the bag goes the piece of food my band says "NO" to covered in think slimy saliva and them I'm good to go!!!

Marie

AKA a Yaak Attack!!

I'm being banded on the 25th and am a little nervous post reading this thread, if there is one thing in this world I cannot stand is puking, case in point last time I puked was when i had kidney stones, 9 years ago, I will do anything to keep it down, so my question is how frequently does this issue happen to people, really? cause daily or even weekly is not going to work for me, so a few tips to avoid it would be greatly appreciated!!

I used to be against puking in the worst way - hated it with a passion.

However, things change :biggrin: My first episode I spent an hour in misery because I was trying to not throw up. It seems to me that it is more traumatic on the stomach than just getting the offending food out.

I can now assume the position and empty my "little" tummy in a matter of minutes. It is NOT the same as throwing up - no acid and all of that.

With that being said, occassionaly, a really good stuck will be a bit harder to deal with.

Don't let the "PB's" keep you from getting banded. It's the bands way of teaching us lessons - chew more, don't eat that, take smaller bites etc.