Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A little peeved at GNC.....

I went in to the GNC at our local mall intending on buying some Isopure....I've NEVER stepped foot in that store, so had no idea where it was.

I asked the young man at the counter where it was and he pointed it out. I still couldn't find it, so he came over and showed me. He asked who it was for and I said, "Me". He got the most incredulous look on his face and said "YOU use Isopure? "

I was pizzed off so I just walked out of the store......I thought maybe I had misunderstood him....but my sixteen year old daughter piped up immediately and said, "Well, that was RUDE..."

Anyway......I do know that I'll never step foot in another GNC!

I bought some Protein items from a body builder one day, and got the... who are you buying for? When I told him it was for myself, he looked confused at first, and then said.. It's never too late to get in shape, smiled and I left. He recognized me about -50 pounds later, and was very friendly and talked about protein and exercise with me for about 1/2 hour. Now I'm down 120 pound+ and I may stop in to say Hello!

You should lose and then stop in to say FU.

lol...funny mazie....yeah stores like that intimidate me...they always have, but at our GNC there is a nice old lady working there, so fortunately i don't have to worry....but guys are such (insert 4 letter word of choice here) sometimes....

I bought some Protein items from a body builder one day, and got the... who are you buying for? When I told him it was for myself, he looked confused at first, and then said.. It's never too late to get in shape, smiled and I left. He recognized me about -50 pounds later, and was very friendly and talked about Protein and exercise with me for about 1/2 hour. Now I'm down 120 pound+ and I may stop in to say Hello!

You should lose and then stop in to say FU.

:o:thumbup::)

It sounds like you ladies drink Protein Shakes, my nephew is into body building and had me to order a Protein Shake from the same place he gets his. So when i went to my doctor for yet another fill I asked him about drinking Protein shakes. He told me not to because that is just empty calories? I was banded in october of 2006 and have lost 65 pounds, but for the last 8 months I have only lost 4 lbs. Even with a recent fill I still seem to be able to eat alot and stay hungry. So i thought i would try the protein shakes. Has anyone else been told this by the doctors?

the shakes are for when your on liquids, like post op and after a fill. I usually buy the powder so I can have shakes with it when I need it, or mix it with yogurt or cottage cheese when i need something more solid.

My experiance with GNC was almost the same. The gentleman started out rude as can be well then he switched his tune really fast when I just looked at him. I am not talking a mean look just a look that said "wtf are you going on about". Not quite confused but definitely NOT happy. He changed tactics, right quick. He became a very helpful young man.

I had another experiance at GNC though, not the clerks but some muscle bound wanna be idiot. Quick recap I was talking with the little gal that also works there about liquid diets and stuff (what she would recommend etc) and this group of young guys walked in and the "leader" popped off in a loud stage whisper "did you see that fat chick, she was checkin me out" ... Needless to say I was so not in the mood for shit that day I looked at the clerk said "Excuse me, someone needs to be put in his place" Walked over Asked him what he said he mumbled and hemmed and hawed. I can't remember exactly what I said but I stalked around him looking him up and down and it went something like this ... "Sorry, you have no neck your arms are to big for your body, you have chicken legs. I wasn't checking you out you were being loud and obnoxious when you walked in so I looked over, and before I forget, you might want to go see a dermatologist before that acne permanently scars your face" He skulked out with his friends in tow laughing there asses off.

I walked back to the clerk and apologized and she was about to piss herself laughing.

There are some days I just can't ignore ignorant comments like what he made and I get pretty confrontational. I know I shouldn't but .... LOL

HarleyGirl,

I always vote with my dollar. I also send letters, both of praise and concern.

I think this instance warrants an email or phone call to GNC.

Believe me they WANT to know that this crap goes on.

I think the stores are franchised. In any case, corporate would want to know.

Here's there comment form. It also lists a phone number.

GNC Helpdesk

If you don't contact them you really have to go give them a glorious Julia Roberts/Pretty woman visit when you get to goal!

The pissants!:(

HarleyGirl,

I always vote with my dollar. I also send letters, both of praise and concern.

I think this instance warrants an email or phone call to GNC.

Believe me they WANT to know that this crap goes on.

I think the stores are franchised. In any case, corporate would want to know.

Here's there comment form. It also lists a phone number.

GNC*Helpdesk

If you don't contact them you really have to go give them a glorious Julia Roberts/Pretty woman visit when you get to goal!

The pissants!:(

HAHAHA....thanks for the contact info!

It sounds like you ladies drink Protein Shakes, my nephew is into body building and had me to order a Protein Shake from the same place he gets his. So when i went to my doctor for yet another fill I asked him about drinking Protein shakes. He told me not to because that is just empty calories? I was banded in october of 2006 and have lost 65 pounds, but for the last 8 months I have only lost 4 lbs. Even with a recent fill I still seem to be able to eat alot and stay hungry. So i thought i would try the protein shakes. Has anyone else been told this by the doctors?

I have great restriction right now... so I do a liquid Breakfast, and don't get in enough protein with out supplimenting. I try to get in 80 grams a day.

My doc says I'm doing great.

My experiance with GNC was almost the same. The gentleman started out rude as can be well then he switched his tune really fast when I just looked at him. I am not talking a mean look just a look that said "wtf are you going on about". Not quite confused but definitely NOT happy. He changed tactics, right quick. He became a very helpful young man.

I had another experiance at GNC though, not the clerks but some muscle bound wanna be idiot. Quick recap I was talking with the little gal that also works there about liquid diets and stuff (what she would recommend etc) and this group of young guys walked in and the "leader" popped off in a loud stage whisper "did you see that fat chick, she was checkin me out" ... Needless to say I was so not in the mood for shit that day I looked at the clerk said "Excuse me, someone needs to be put in his place" Walked over Asked him what he said he mumbled and hemmed and hawed. I can't remember exactly what I said but I stalked around him looking him up and down and it went something like this ... "Sorry, you have no neck your arms are to big for your body, you have chicken legs. I wasn't checking you out you were being loud and obnoxious when you walked in so I looked over, and before I forget, you might want to go see a dermatologist before that acne permanently scars your face" He skulked out with his friends in tow laughing there asses off.

I walked back to the clerk and apologized and she was about to piss herself laughing.

There are some days I just can't ignore ignorant comments like what he made and I get pretty confrontational. I know I shouldn't but .... LOL

:shades_smile: I needed this laugh today---- GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

I actually had a boss comment on my weight once... and I wanned to say "Dude, have you looked in the mirror - YOU HAVE MAN BOOBS..." but I didn't..... so my hats off to you!!!!

Harley - don't let idiots harsh your mellow!

There'll always be morons to doubt you or second guess you or make you insecure. Just don't let it get to you - you're there for yourself, buying something you need to make your life work better.

For me, the biggest satisfaction would come from continuing to go to that GNC, letting the clerk see your continued weight loss; sooner or later, they'll "get it".

You run away now, uh, "they have won".

Oh, you're probably already banded, in the recovery room, even as I type this! YAY! Congratulations!

While my exp with GNC is limited, my rude people exp is not.

Another thing thing I hate about being overweight, people are so friggin rude. You know how older folks always comment about how rude/cruel kids are??? I have news for you....when it comes to overweight people adults are JUST AS CRUEL.

This happened was at my vet's officer...the story still brings me to tears:

I went to the vet to get some meds for my dog. As I was getting out of the car to go in I noticed an attractive older genetleman (60ish) going in the door as well. He held the door for me as I came up behind. I didn't think much of it, and nodded with my ususal "Thank you".

He joined his wife at the reception desk, we were the only people in the office. His wife was asking if the vet does work with livestock. The receptionist replied yes she does and proceeded to hand her a business card.

As they turn around to walk out the wife makes the comment "I'm so glad we found somene close that handles large animals." Her husband looks RIGHT at me and said (loudly) "Well she's not the only one, I just opened the door for a pretty LARGE animal myself" and proceeded to laugh about it all the way out of the office.

I didn't even get my dog's meds I just ran out to my car and drove home crying....I didn't do anything to him, why did he feel the need to treat me that way???

Some people suck...:)