Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

three-week plateau

I've lost 55 pounds in six months, but have hit a three-week plateau. I had a fill a week ago, which I needed (I was far too interested in what was for dinner!) and now I am very restricted in the morning (which has always been the case), but sometimes that carries over through lunch. By evening I can eat fairly easily, but I'm starving, so I overeat. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm on a plateau right now - about 2 1/2 months... I blame ice cream. Lol. Seriously though, I have cut back on the sweets again and started riding my new bike and walking again and I've lost 1 pound this week. It's all about spending more calories than you're consuming. :)

It's not uncommon, actually. Have you tried drinking something warm in the morning - a cup of coffee or tea -- to loosen the band up so you can have some Protein for Breakfast?

I've not gotten so tight yet that I can't eat in the morning. I think if I did I'd use the opportunity to get in my dairy serving for the day and have a latte. Milk has Protein in it too.

you might not be getting enough calories, try a protien drink in the morning or mid-mornigng and snack thoughout the day, a boiled egg, cheese stick, cottage cheese, fruit. you have to eat during the day.

I never have have time for Breakfast so I make a protien drink and have it mid-morning at work and I make myself eat healthy Snacks throughout the day and of course I have lunch even if its just a bite. It really works.

I also eat more during the evening but again my focus is on protien

Protein will help keep you fuller longer, it is more dense and therefor takes longer to break down. I always choose Protein first when I eat, and I try to not eat more than 20 grams at a sitting because our bodies cannot use much more at one time. And then it just becomes waste and hard on the kidneys.

Drinking Water is key as well, it helps to make sure you stay hydrated and that you are not hungry for Water instead of food. Most people mistake the cue for thirst and think they are hungry when all their bodies need is a drink of water.

I try to sip something all day long, sometimes that works out fine and others I am up later trying to get in my water for the day. I do not ever NOT drink my 64+ ounces of water.

OMG- This totally happens to me too! The exact same thing. However I do have a hot beverage when I wake up, and I eat a Protein Bar that takes me all morning. Unless I am in a hurry. I have lunch (most of the time. Sometimes I miss it.) between 3 and 4. I have dinner between 7-8, but I am starving I mean STARVING after 11:30! I can consume over 700 calories easy. I know my eating parterns have to change, and I know my diet has to be more in-line. I also believe that my need for food (sweets) is due to the fact that I have to take very sour medication ( I drink it and it taste like battery acid.) at exactly 11:30 and that is what triggers my NEED for sweets. I never feel full. Night time is stopping my weight loss.

i"m in the same boat. try eating the japanese Beans, there are at costco and are 100 cal, and very filling. it helps for me.

good luck

Donna, are you referring to edamame? I just want to warn anyone who may have issues with the thyroid about that---the soy Protein will affect your absorption of thyroid meds. Whether you're on synthroid or levoxyl, be sure to wait a few hours before having any soy products.

I am at a plateua as well! Not a pound lost since Christmas. Got a fill 12-1, with no restriction! So I've been sitting at the same weight since! No fill scheduled until the 19th! How frustrating! My doc only does fills every 6 weeks! Well only 5 more days till 2nd fill! Thank goodness. Good luck all.

I'm always on a plateau. I usually plateau for 2-3 weeks then I lose 1/2 pound every couple of days for 2-3 weeks and then plateau again for 2-3 weeks. It's been this way since I first got banded. I've averaged about 5 lbs loss a month.

i"m in the same boat. try eating the japanese Beans, there are at costco and are 100 cal, and very filling. it helps for me.

good luck

Are you referring to the following?

Seapoint Farms Dry Roasted Edamame (lightly salted) is delicious AND relatively healthy.

1/4 cup serving size contains:

calories: 130

fat: 4 grams; only .5 sat. fat and no trans fats

cholestrol: 0

sodium: 150 mg (not sure if this is high but it says 6% of

daily value)

carb: 10 g; Fiber 8g; sugar 1g

PROTEIN: 14 grams

A relatively low cal/high protein/high Fiber snack with healthy fats. It only contains Soybeans and Sea Salt.

It also satisfies that craving for chips or popcorn.< /span>

HI

I have lost 55 lbs since 9-23-08. I did not lose any weight from 12-23 (last fill) until a few days ago. There are many reasons I did not lose any weight, some is I was I had a lot of phlegm. I know some people call this phlegm, slime, it is not. There is a HUGH difference. I thought I was sliming, but I was not. I had a sinus infection, that produced phlegm, lots and lots and lots. I was fighting to eat 600 calories a day, and most of that was Protein Shakes. I went to my Dr. and he took a look at my band under flouroscopy...he said it was perfect, that I dont need to have any saline removed. Once I was able to eat againg---and a little to much I have started losing again. I have lost 5 lbs in the last three days. DO NOT STARVE YOUR BODY, you will not lose weight. Everyones body reacts differentl, hang in.

I'm always on a plateau. I usually plateau for 2-3 weeks then I lose 1/2 pound every couple of days for 2-3 weeks and then plateau again for 2-3 weeks. It's been this way since I first got banded. I've averaged about 5 lbs loss a month.

You and I the exact same starting weight and both of us are averaging about a five pound weight loss per month!

KUTGW!

I have been sitting in the same 2-3lb range for awhile now. I have the same exact problem. If only the band was tight at night and lose in the morning. I plan to keep getting filled until it takes warm liquid in the morning to eat. I think that is pretty much what it is going to take in order to control me at night.

I'm also thinking about going to a liquid Protein drink for supper, just to control myself.

I too am struggling, I keep loosing a few pounds then gain them back. I am seriously thinking about doing hCG just to get over this hump. Has anyone tried that diet in conjunction with the lap-band? Is it even possible to do together?

I was banded 2 years ago and have lost 65 lbs, and want to loose 40 more. I do exercise 4-5 days per week, but my eating habits have gotten bad again, so if I could do the strict hCG diet then maybe I could kick my but back into gear... any toughts?