Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

North East Winter Weather

I hate this snow. Central Mass is having the worst winter in terms of snow. I just got in a car accident. I was driving carefully and hit a patch of ice under slush and snow and ended up across the street in some mans driveway. I took down the guide wires to his house and managed to mangle the driver side front end, shift the hood, damage the underside as Fluid was leaking and probably something else. My son (16) was in the front and gallantly reached out to protect me as we were spinnning. (I shed a tear thinking about this because as any parent of teens know things can get rocky and its nice to know they will be there for you when needed). My daughter age 10 was in the back and was petrified. Two police cars come, the fire truck, ambulance, and tow truck. Thank God we were all right. The air bags did not deploy as we didn't really hit anything. I drive a Ford Expidition. Thank God because I think it may have been different if it were a small car. I am also luck and blessed that we did not roll over. Things would have been very different then to. God was driving with us. I am not looking for sympathy, just a letting go of this and hopefully a good nites sleep after a long hot bath and a glass of wine. (Not yet Banded).

awww I am so sorry for your trials right now. Thank God it could have been so much worse.

Oh my word! What a day! I am counting my blessings to be here in NC. Today is in the 60s, breezy, sunny with clouds. My DH just rescued a blue bird that had fallen down the basketball goal pipe (because the cap was not on it...augghh!) and it rested on the deck, drank some Water DH splashed carefully onto it's beak, then flitted off under the deck to rest, and we have since seen it fly off into the woods behind the house. It's such a pretty day and the blue bird will live...

Just think of spring as you take your hot bath and sip your wine (you know, I'm pretty sure you can have wine post-band, whew!) and Thank God for sweet growing children and a young man for a son who impulsively protects his mother (teary-eyed). That is so sweet. You should be proud. Glad you are okay!!! It's just a car...I know it's a pain but it's much more easily replaced that you and your children. You will be able to let it go in no time...

Wow... glad you and your kids are ok. Just remember it was an accident - and accidents happen. It certianly wasnt intential. :(

Funny how our weather is so different. Youre having snow and me (down here in the bayou state) is having the most gorgeous day... sunny skies, mid 70's.

I am so sorry to hear about your acident. Glad that everyone was ok. I was in an accident several years ago it was a clear sunny day. and I rolled my truck 3 times. I hate the north east weather . BTW I was driving a Ford Truck in my accident.

Now that it is 3 hours later...back aches starts....joint pain..Its amazing how easy it is to bang up a 45 year old body. My husband is more upset about what could have happened and thank god it didnt. He says that where the heavy guide wire hit the car was 2 inches from the window. It may have smashed the window and cut your neck or arm or arm off and whatever. He was so upset and he was very supportive and nurturing about thank heavens he didn't lose me to a car accident. Ugh.....I started to cry. I know this too shall pass but it sure in heck makes for a bad day.

So glad you are right, everything else is replacable or fixable. Sounds like your boy is becoming a man, Mom.

Thank goodness you and the kids are safe. Hopefully your winter weather will soon be a thing of the past. Last year, my son had a landscape timber come off of a trailer in front of him. It did some extensive damage to his car. But when I think 2" higher and it would have killed him, the car was small potatoes. Hope your aches and pains are better by tomorrow.

I'll send you some of our beautiful weather. We're running around in shorts, working in the flowerbeds.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words....I love coming to this forum for words of wisdom, humor, laughs and crys.

Robyn

Hi Robyn, glad you're on the mend. Amazing how these 16 year old boys can mature before your very eyes. Mine's 15 who thinks he's 25. I was rear=ended w/both kids in the car (daughter is now 17 & driving herself) & I was petrified cause they were in the car. All was o.k. though.

Hope you enjoyed your wine, and yes you can have it occasionally after the band. (Not sparkling, tho)

Do you notice how our friends in CA, TX & other places are telling us how nice their weather is? WE CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING...DON'T RUB IT IN GUYS. (Just kidding, glad someone's having nice weather.)

Take care, & btw, a chiropractor was of help to me after my accident.

Pls. let us know how you're feeling.

Best,

Karen

Its extremely good news that you and your children are ok. I hope you aches and pains stay minor and you recover quickly.

At least you did it the right way. Had the accident first then the wine...

Robyn, oh, how scary!! New Jersey had a terrific storm last week too, and I did my share of skidding around on the icy roads. Thank goodness for 4-wheel drive!!!

I'm so glad you and your kids are OK. Banging up your car hurts too, I know, but it could have been a lot worse. I'll bet you're good and ready for spring. I know I am. :)

I am so glad to hear you are alright, and isn't kids the greatest thing? I always say, those auto's can be fixed, we are the ones to worry about.

I have to say I am glad not to be living up there! I lived up north most of my life and moved because of the weather. It was 87 here yesterday, and I spent the entire day outside working in my flower beds. Today I am sore and stiff, but it is a good feeling.

Please take care, sometimes the third day is the worse day after a fall or accident.

It was 87 here yesterday, and I spent the entire day outside working in my flower beds.

:eek its hotter up there then down here!