Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what reality show would you be on?

I'll Succeed (Christina) may have a fabulous oportuntity to audition for a reality show. http://lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5572

It got me thinking. If you could be on any reality show, what show would it be? I've decided that after I have had my band for a while, I will try for The Amazing Race. That or What Not to Wear. I think the Race would be more fun, but What Not to Wear would be more useful. (I've got no clue about clothes...) My DH is the one who originally suggested the Race...

If they didn't have the food stuff on Fear Factor, I would love to be on that show! (heh, they never have people do things I'm afraid of, like walking in a crowd, like, New Orleans' Mardi Gra...

But I have to be honest, I sure don't want to be on most of the reality shows I normally watch... I love the true crime shows on A&E...

Oh, and can I get my DH on Queer Eye after he looses another 150 pounds????

Hi ,

No brainer. the Amazing Race. I want to go on with another bandster so we could say, "We lost a total of 250-300lbs collectively. They like stories like this...

Any takers?

Babs in TX

334/180

Hi ,

No brainer. the Amazing Race. I want to go on with another bandster so we could say, "We lost a total of 250-300lbs collectively. They like stories like this...

Any takers?

Babs in TX

334/180

Babs- & Vines- that truely is my all time FAV show- If I get the band & don't do the other (which looks doubtful)& loose a load of weight COUNT me in girls.

I would like to go on What not to wear and also extreme makeover. both useful to daily living. extreme home makeover would be nice, but I don't have a story or hardship other than I would love to see what someone would do to improve my home. Trading spaces would also be nice . Fear factor-yuk, amazing race is ok but I really don't think I would like to be away from family that long.

Well as long as we are sharing here, I will put my vote in for Survivor! I really love the show and the whole premise. As a youngster I loved the whole stranded on the island and build things type books. I am also a Macgyver type and love inventing/designing things. As my weight went up thru the years though I new I could never fit into the "profiles" they would use on the show. So as I loose weight I keep my focus and dream goal to get thin, get fit, and apply for the show. If I get choosen, then that would be the cherry on top of this pie of a weightloss success story. Of course if I get accepted, I can't tell all of you guys due to the confidentiality clauses, but if I announce that I will be gone from LBT for a month or two---- that is your guy's cue and remember this post.........lol.....lol...

Its good to dream, right?

T

While I think a lot of what's done on reality shows might be fun to do, the very idea of doing it on TV makes it an absolute impossibility for me. Like, I love the idea of Trading Spaces, and anything that involves challenges of one kind or another could be fun. I've done road races and scavenger hunts where we compete for prizes back in college and beyond, and that sort of thing is great fun! I used to belong to a club that had all sorts of cool stuff like that going on, and I participated regularly.

But sometimes I think I'm the only person in America who has literally no desire to EVER see my face on TV. I truly do not see the appeal of that 15 minutes of fame. It's not that I'm shy or anything; I had a pretty public role in my former career, and speak to large gatherings regularly. I suppose if I do something newsworthy I'll live with the cameras. But to deliberately maneuver so that the attention of the TV audience is on me even for one moment? Nuh-UH, no way, no how.

I was born without an exhibitionist bone in my body. Am I alone?

What Not to Wear? While I love the idea of getting advice and a whole new wardrobe, the possibility of undressing before a television camera at any weight makes me faint. I don't know what "The Amazing Race" is. Like Alex, I'm not reality show material. . . although if the BBC show "The Life Laundry" found me, I might overcome my reticence just to get rid of the bins of crap in my house.

PS: Vines, the QueerEye guys never seem to venture outside the NYC area except for their UK specials. Call me crazy, but I don't think they'd drool at the chance to go to SE Idaho!

I would do the Swan if it wasn't such an extended stay away from home. But that's what would deter me from it right there. I'd miss my son too much!

I would love to go on What Not To Wear after I lose all of my weight, and Extreme Makeover would be awesome too - after losing all of my weight of course.

The only thing I'd have to do is wait until I was done having children. I'm a nurser when it comes to my babies, and a boob job would definately put a damper on that, as well as pregnancy would on a Tummy Tuck too! :(

For me it is Trading Spaces... Not only does my Living Room need a facelift but my neighbor's spare bedroom needs to be done. Or maybe even While you were Out. I would loveeeeee a chance to gawk at Andrew while using power tools. YUMMMMY!

PS: Vines, the QueerEye guys never seem to venture outside the NYC area except for their UK specials. Call me crazy, but I don't think they'd drool at the chance to go to SE Idaho!
Ah, but you see Zoe, I'm the only one in exile. My DH and Son live in Seattle.

Count me in!

One of my very good friends has this very bizare fear, at least I think it's bizare... she's afraid of kittens. It got me thinking about a new spin-off Fear Factor -- based on these types of fears... I have other friends who simply cannot eat some foods based on their texture...

so, may I present this edition of Phobia Phactor! The inital group of people would have to .... Traverse a major Shopping Mall ---THE DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING!!!!! And BUY one thing that fits at the GAP!!!! Next comes the PHood Challenge! In this case, people are expected to eat half plate of sushi including sashimi! And then!!!! They have to eat half a plate of Korean food!!!! Desert will be a nice flan! (oh the horror!!!!)

Next come the Tank of Terror!!!!! You will be given goggles, a nose plug and will have to crawl into a lucite tank that will be filled with ...... PUFFY KITTENS!!!!!!!

OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

Babs: I am with you on the Amazing Race challenge. I would do that in a heart beat.

Swan - of course hello!!! Chance to get complete body makeover and not have to pay for a dime of it. What is to think about?

What not to wear - New York City shopping. ENOUGH SAID!!

Trading Spaces - Love love love Paige. Carter, YUM YUM!! Faber YUM YUM!! But the all time fav carpenter is Ty. I love that man.

Survivor - I would like to do it just for the experience. I wouldn't care if I won or not. LOL!!

Biggest Loser - Trainers and chefs. OH YEAH!!

Any makeover series is cool with me.

For those that wouldn't wanna be filmed every waking moment. Been there done that. No biggie.

My boyfriend, JOHN, is a singer songwriter. In 2000 we did a cross country tour. From Weare, NH and back to Los Angeles doing House COncerts. We took a Los Angeles based film crew with us and they filmed every single moment. I mean EVERY moment. Well within reason of course. There is a hot tub scene au naturale shot. You can't really see anything but the whole crew was in the bathroom with us while we were in the tub. LOL!!! Kinda fun actually. You get to the point you forget they are there. John is not in the finishing stages of editing the film for release later this year hopefully.

Anyway, I am up for any and all reality shows. If there are swimming issues then someone has to do that cause I can't swim. LOL!!

Vines, you had me laughing out loud at your Phobia Phactor post! I could handle the flan, but the Gap/mall would have me squealing in terror; sushi, OK, but not the dreaded FUGU. And Penni, if you can forget that you're surrounded by a film crew while you're naked, my hat's off to you. Maybe that's the wrong piece of clothing to mention. . .