Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Advice!!!

For the past 2 weeks I've been having a problem w/ acid reflux at night and a constant gassy bloated feeling so I went to the doc yesterday to have everything checked. They did an upper GI and everything looked fine according to them. They wanted to take a little out of the band, but like a dummy I expressed that I am able to eat quite a bit...like 2 pieces of chicken or fish in one sitting, which is a lot more than I was able to eat after my last fill in April. He checked to see how much was in my band, but there was only 2cc left instead of the 2.75cc I had after my last fill. He filled me back to 2.75cc. I left the hospital, had a couple more sips of Water in the car and 15 minutes later up came the water, barium, and chunks of the food I ate that morning. I immediately called the doctor back and he said it sounds like I may have had food poisoning or something because according to him the barium should not have come back up. I went home hoping that food poisoning was the problem since they could not find anything wrong w/ my band. Last night was just the same...more spitting up. I feel horrible today...very gassy and bloated. Should I have a complete unfill to see if that corrects the problem???<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

You need to have an unfill until the reflux issues are gone no matter what the issue is that's causing it. I recently had the same issue, but I only had reflux for 4 days before getting a complete unfill.

You will sleep better a) without the reflux (oh my gosh I was so miserable) and :biggrin: knowing you aren't causing yourself damage/further damage while you wait it out.

Thanks so much! I just needed to hear someone else say it. Just wondering did you get a fill again afterwards? How long did you wait? Did the problem re-occur? If not, what did you do differently?

I had my unfill less than a week ago. I recently moved to my state and have just recently found a surgeon who will accept me as a patient, but he can't get me in until April 17th to have a look at what's going on. If everything looks good under flouro, I'll probably proceed with a conservative fill and go from there.

Thanks again! I hope everything looks good and you can get filled again w/ no complications. I'm going in tomorrow morning for a complete unfill.

One thought... stick to liquids the day of your fill. Liquids before and liquids after. If you have been eating your stoma would not be the same as if you have not been eating. It really makes a big difference.

Thanks again! I hope everything looks good and you can get filled again w/ no complications. I'm going in tomorrow morning for a complete unfill.

What's been going on Chick??? Congrats on the weightloss!!!

Be blessed!!!:lol:

What's been going on Chick??? Congrats on the weightloss!!!

Be blessed!!!:tongue:

OMG...Work It Girl!!! :tt2: I am sooooo proud of you!!! You look FANTASTIC!!!!

I'm doing much better now that I'm completely unfilled. The downfall is that I feel like I'm on a "diet" again trying to control my weight but I'm determined not to gain any back.

Take care of yourself and your band!

Want to stop acid reflux?

Don't eat after 4pm.

This will give your body time to either digets the food or expell it. But either way, by 9pm you should be able to lie down w/o issue.

Thanks TammyJ right back at'cha!!! I go for my 3rd fill on next Thursday. Like you I can eat and eat, so I am back liquids until then.

Be blessed!

OMG...Work It Girl!!! :thumbup: I am sooooo proud of you!!! You look FANTASTIC!!!!

I'm doing much better now that I'm completely unfilled. The downfall is that I feel like I'm on a "diet" again trying to control my weight but I'm determined not to gain any back.

Take care of yourself and your band!