Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Congrats Turler!!

I can totally relate to being "consumed by the numbers" - I haven't had any loss this last week even though I have been so diligent with my food and exercise - each morning I go to the scale and expect to see a different result!! UGH. I want to see that 50lb mark too!! I am sooooo close!! My 5 month mark will be the last day of September and I was hoping to be at about 60 lbs down by then.....but I would accept 55!! 8-)

Numbrgirl,

LOL Too funny! I suppose you probably ARE consumed with numbers! (your name, hee hee)

Yeah...I do NOT want to complain, but I do wish that I were losing more per month. I know that 10 lbs a month is okay, but I would've loved to have lost more! I am still so happy that no matter the amount really is, its weight that I will never have to see again!

I love how everything is really starting to change. People are noticing and I feel so much better. I'm still waiting for my big surge of energy, but at least my feet don't hurt as badly as they used to! My wardrobe is starting to change quickly...not that I mind, but it could get expensive if I buy too much of one size.

I'm starting to work out. I was kinda going hit or miss, but I really hated the gym I belonged to. I joined a different one and I'm going more now. I really really want to make that a habit, so I'm working on it!

How much do you exercise? I know that L2L exercises a lot and she hit a wall too. Then all of a sudden, she lost 6 pounds in one week!!!

~C

Bea-haven't heard from you this weekend and was hoping everything was okay with you and your family. Let us know!

You guys talking about your anniversaries made me check out mine...my 5 month is the 29th. I hope to hit 60lbs gone and a size 14... my scales actually moved this week and I've gone from 199 to 194! I was so glad. It has taken so long for them to move again but they finally have.

That's funny! I wasn't even thinking of my screen name!!! 8-) I work with numbers all day!! I am do so good with exercise I thought for sure I would see more of drop right now. Sometimes I feel bad for complaining because 46lbs is something to be proud of - and I look at it as being gone forever...... Today I accomplished a 3 mile run in 44 mins - which ain't bad for a fat chick!! 8-) I think when I was done it worked out to about 550 calories.....guess I need more than that!! I am hoping to wake up and have a nice unexpected drop.

Hey mom, thanks for asking. We are all fine. The hurricane didn't hit us head on like they thought. It went to the east and all we had was a little rain yesterday. No flooding or tornadoes. My heart goes out to all the people on the coast and those who are displaced. I pray they get back to normal soon.

I've been lurking too. I've been in a funk and felt I might not be fit to participate! :smile: I'm just so frustrated. I feel like I'm killing myself in the gym and at home, but not seeing the results I want. I don't care so much about the scale, I just want to get into my favorite jeans. They are a size 16W and I can't even come close to getting them on, but all my other 16s are too big, but 14s are too small. I'm just being a crybaby, but I'm ready to move on from this place. I feel like I'm stuck even though I've been loosing weight the last few weeks. My sizes aren't budging! I've been in a 16 for months.

Also my 5 year old grabbed the barrel of my blazing hot curling Iron Thursday morning as I was trying to get everyone where they needed to be. I had to miss class and take her to the doc. She's fine, she just has some massive blisters. We go back tomorrow so he can drain them. I felt so bad, it broke my heart. She screamed and screamed on the way to the doc. It was awful. :thumbup:

Anyway, enough about me. I'm glad to read everyone is doing so well. I hope you all have a great week!!

OMG Bea! I'm so sorry about your little one! Poor thing! Accidents do happen, but it's always so awful.

I know what you mean about the funk. I feel like we are all lurking and waiting to see what's next. I think we all do better when we share what's happening. I feel like a complainer most of the time, so I try to keep my thoughts to myself. The truth is, I think we need to be able to bounce off eachother...even if it's complaining. Who else will understand?

I don't know what's normal in this. I don't know how this should feel or work. I feel like I'm just starting to get the hang of things and the weight is starting to come off again, then BOOM! Nothing. Gain a few. What's going on? Why does this happen? Why do I feel like I can eat too much now? Why did things change? Why do I plateau when I exercise? Makes me not want to do it.

See...we need eachother. There is no way I can be alone with all these thoughts! LOL

~Carol

Hi Y'all, Just an update, I was banded on April 23rd & I'm now down 50 lbs. Good luck to you all.

JohnC

Guest Leslie2Lose

Ya'll I've had a horrible week. Since week before last - with my big loss I've lost all of my drive. I've eaten crap all weekend and most of last week. I only exercised twice this past week. I've gotten into a slump and was down all weekend too. What's wrong with me? Hormones? I yelled at DH and my kids too - for nothing.

Last night I told DH I was going to the gym this morning. I woke up and didn't go. I know I need to and need to refocus. What do ya'll do when you get like this? Do ya'll get like this?

Hi Y'all, Just an update, I was banded on April 23rd & I'm now down 50 lbs. Good luck to you all.

JohnC

Congrats!

I was also banded 4/23 I am stuck at 48 pounds lost.. I am really hoping at 5 month anniversary to be at 50.. I gotta get 2 pounds off somehow fast!

Leslie - No, you are not the only one who gets in a rut. I totally feel like that sometimes. I'll loose my motivation and don't want to do anything. I especially do this when I get really stressed out and right before my TOM. I'm feeling a little like that right now except everything annoys me. My progress annoys me, my kids annoy me, just everything. I wish I had a few magic words for you about how to pull yourself out of it, but I don't. I eventually get back to my old self and want to exercise again. If it makes you feel any better, I didn't do diddly all weekend either. I ate pretty bad too. You've been pushing yourself really hard and have done so great, maybe you just needed a small break. Try not to beat yourself up. I know that's easier said than done. Hang in there, we're here for you. Like Turler said we're all in this together!!

Edited by Bea1128
forgot word

Guest Leslie2Lose

Numbrgirl - You'll get there.

Turler - I'm so glad you are doing better and people are finally noticing. I've got to get back on the exercise band wagon. I've been slacking off lately. Shame on me! You're doing so great though :-)

John - Congratulations on your weight loss. That's awesome!

Brandy - You'll get there! If you don't reach 50 pounds by then it'll be okay. You've come so far!!!! You can always do liquids for a couple of days. I hate liquid hell myself. Hate it.

Bea - I'm so sorry to hear about your little one. You want to trade places with her - take the pain for her. I hate when mine get hurt. It hurts me to see that and I can't help. I think we're in a rut. We need to get out of it girl! Everything has been annoying me lately. I ran out of thyroid medicine (dummy me) a couple weeks ago and waiting to get it filled. I don't know if that's why I've completely gone off my rocker...or if it is just me.

Leslie - Amen sister! I'm ready to pull myself out of my funk for sure!! I got so upset today, I thought my head was actually going to explode. I'm just not handling things well right now, I think I'm pre-TOM.

I would guess that stopping your thyroid meds suddenly would cause some issues. As you know, it regulates how you react to other hormones as well as other bodily functions such as metabolism and how the body uses energy. I would guess your body is in a little bit of unbalance. Get back on your meds as quickly as possible and I bet you'll feel better very soon. Until then, give yourself permission to take a break and ease back into your routine when you feel up to it. If you are still not feeling better after that, I would suggest to be re-evaled if you haven't already. Your weighloss might have changed your situation a little.

Anyway, I did the same thing with another med that I take everyday a few months ago. I have to order mine through the mail and they call it snail mail for a reason! I won't do that again. I order as soon as possible to ensure I keep it on hand. I'm crazy enough without messing with my body chemistry! LOL!

I know what you mean about the funk. I feel like we are all lurking and waiting to see what's next. I think we all do better when we share what's happening. I feel like a complainer most of the time, so I try to keep my thoughts to myself. The truth is, I think we need to be able to bounce off eachother...even if it's complaining. Who else will understand?

I don't know what's normal in this. I don't know how this should feel or work. I feel like I'm just starting to get the hang of things and the weight is starting to come off again, then BOOM! Nothing. Gain a few. What's going on? Why does this happen? Why do I feel like I can eat too much now? Why did things change? Why do I plateau when I exercise? Makes me not want to do it.

See...we need eachother. There is no way I can be alone with all these thoughts! LOL

~Carol

Okay...now I've resorted to quoting myself! LOL :tt1:

You see, I'm not losing anymore. I was doing so great for a couple of weeks and now all of a sudden I've got nothing. NOTHING!!!! ARGH!! I'm hungry, I'm eating bad...had my first tater tot since surgery today. Anitclimatic to say the least. I had sloppy joe meat (no bun) and now I feel guilty and I have stomach ache. I'm going to the gym more, so YAY for me, but I'm not losing and I'm sore so I don't see how I'm winning. I'm not doing well this week or last. I'm stressed and I need you guys. I'm reaching out! :) LOL

Y'all probably think I'm crazy after this post, but even still, I know you're there for me!

~C

Guest Leslie2Lose

Oh Carol! Do you know what I ate - here's some accountability:

1/2 bag of cheetos (puffs), 1 can of cheese pringles, 8 - yes 8 hush puppies (with tons of ketchup), 1 bag of wild-cherry M&M's, 1 Hotdog, 1 small bag of regular cheetos, big dill pickle (from the race saturday night), Diet Dr. Pepper (I know better - I know), popcorn with extra butter, pulled pork, Fried Dill Pickles (with Ranch Dressing), Peanut Butter, Milk...yep I think that's about it. Sigh. Now you know. This was this past weekend.

See I bet you feel better now :-)

I had not lost a pound since August 5th - other than up one or two and back, but nothing more....so last Saturday I had .4cc removed from my band and now I once again feel hungry and full both, I am not PBing anymore and I am feeling better! I was basically on a starvation diet, throwing up everything, and my body living off of the fat in it. The doc says this will be a big boost for me. Well the first morning after the fill session, I had lost one pound! My body is acting as it should with every way of parting with the fat, fluids, Water, etc. Finally, I hope for some more progress!!! IF YOU ARE NOT LOSING, do a fill appointment and get things corrected!