Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

being fat destroyed my body

So I hate what being fat has done to my body. I've been fat since I was 12 thats when the streach marks on my thighs started. of course I had no idea what they were at that time and after that it was all downhill. now they cover pretty much my whole body I have giant caverness ones that go from my boobs to my arm pits I won't even get to my stomach my ass my arms on the inner and outer. my thighs all the way to the back of my knees I'm seriously afraid i'm going to look like a deflated baloon! I'm just so angry at myself and at the fat i feel like it robbed me of ever really feeling confident becasue I'm basically scared for life from this. Not I won't be happy with my weightloss and the rest is really secondary, but it really does bum me out, to be so young with no children and to feel like I look like i've had 4 or something. Anyway just my venting.

I know how you are feeling. The stretch marks on my stomach are bad. They orginally were from being pregnant, but packing on the weight made them horrible. I also had them on my breasts and thighs and butt etc since pubery. I got married to my second husband and my soulmate with those bad stretch marks. I have since had another baby, so don't feel hopeless. You will find your prince and he won't care.

Ihave The Strechmarks And Saggy Arms And I Too Look Like I Have Had A Few Kids .. But We Are On A The Way To A "better Me"

My Doc Gave Me A Tip... When You Are Taking A Shower .. Geta Massage Brush And Gently Massage The " Problem Areas " -->> For Me Thats My Hole Boady :0

It Is Supose To Stimulate Your Skin And Help Tighten It .. Oviously This Is Going To Take S0me Time So Be Patient... Also Water Arobics Are Supose To Help.........

Take It One Day At A Time .. Its Very Stress Full .. I Know ... I Dont Go Out As Much As I Use Too ... Dont Ware The Clothes I Like .. But We Can Do This ...im Determind .. For The First Time In Yrs .. Im Determind To Make This Change .. Dont Give Up !!!

Is anyone planning on getting a Tummy Tuck pre-kids??? I don't think I am going to be happy until I get some of my problem areas taken care of with PS, but I just don't have the money and I hear there is a debate about whether PS should be done before kids. I am at least 7-10 years away from having kids so I would like to enjoy my body and my success in the mean time. What are your thoughts???

Is anyone planning on getting a Tummy Tuck pre-kids??? I don't think I am going to be happy until I get some of my problem areas taken care of with PS, but I just don't have the money and I hear there is a debate about whether PS should be done before kids. I am at least 7-10 years away from having kids so I would like to enjoy my body and my success in the mean time. What are your thoughts???

the week after surgery I started my plastic surgery fund. I wont end up getting a lbl, tt, or lift for at least a year but I want to be ready to afford it- at least some. I work at a bar and took home an olive jar- it holds about 3 gallons. everyday I try to put 10 dollars in it. it is getting pretty full.

I am sure my surgery will be before kids. like you, I wont be happy with my naked body until then.

I wouldn't really see the point. I had my daughter at 20 and only had a few stretch marks. Then I piled on weight and got loads all over my stomach, upper arms and thighs.

I am planning to have more kids in a few years and would just be wary of shelling out so much money for a tummy tuck when it may be in the same condition in a few years. Some people get stretch marks when pregnant, some don't. It depends on your genetics and the baby size and position.

Knowing my luck I'd have a tuck and then fall pregnant with twins and have as much saggy skin as before and have to get it done again.

Also, and I'm not sure about this, but wouldn't a tummy tuck involve cutting through the stomach muscles in order to tighten them? Would this make pregnancy riskier? I had a c section and know that any future pregnancy is slightly higher risk due to the fact that the muscles aren't as strong. The fact that the uterus wall has been cut before also is an issue but that isn't relevant in terms of a tummy tuck.

Oh yes, I completely understand - and its not really fair, is it? I mean, it would be one thing if we could remember being 16 and having gorgeous skin and scarless bodies...but that is not the case for me either. I have never been happy with my body and get so angry at myself and my parents sometimes - why didn't I learn my lessons? Why didn't my parents teach me better? Why wasn't I ever a nubile young thing with unstretched skin and perfect teeth... But, then I think about the life that I have lived so far and (with luck) will continue to live and I remember how lucky we are to live a life that is not about scrounging for food and having our children die of Water borne diseases- but that we are "lucky" enough to be blessed with abundance and that if stretch marks are my biggest problem - BRING 'EM ON!

I hope that makes sense, I completely understand but refuse to spend any more of my precious life feeling sorry for myself.

Try this quote:

"There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with. "

:angry:

well all I know is i'm going to do as much as i can to fix what I really want done after my weight loss and the appropriate amount of time. I have no children and no man, and I am not the type to get involved and get pregnant I just know better so no children anytime soon. So with that said as bitter as I am that I will never have a scar free body, I do realize I am lucky for many other reasons. one being that my insurance comp will pay for this surgery b/c without that I would be doomed. So tt boob lift and if nessicary i'll get the wings removed but I really hope I don't have to. And one day I will have the body I have always wanted, well the closest I can get to it anyway. btw I've heard when you get a tt before children they don't cut into the muscle they just take the skin off. thanks everyone I've been down recently, just all this waiting for appt and approvals I guess.

i plan on having a Tummy Tuck and a boob job... i havent had my band yet but i just turned 21 and i dont need or want any saging going on anywhere after i lose all my weight

Thankfully, my stretch marks have all faded to white by now (maybe I shouldn't be thankful, because that means they've been there long enough to disappear). I'm constantly worried that since my skin has been stretched so much that it won't tighten back up, but to me, I'd rather be a saggy twig than a smooth-skinned lump. I'll worry about PS when the time comes, who knows, maybe we'll all be part of the 30-50% whose skin naturally tightens up! :biggrin:

Im getting a TT before kids when my weight is lost for sure!

I haven't had surgery yet (scheduled for 3/25) but I just start a plastic surgey fund this week. So when I have lost the weight I can get anything thats needs to be tightened, lifted, sculpted, or removed taken care of. And I'm sure that will be pre-kids.

We all look like that. You are not alone. Even my skinny friends have cellulite and stretch marks. Listen, after you lose the weight you are not going to look like runway model. But you will look really really good. Even with the stretch marks. You need to take control of your body back and get healthy. None of us will ever look perfect, but you have the power to change your life and lose weight. The stretch marks are not the big deal you think they are, as we all have them and its normal.

So I hate what being fat has done to my body. I've been fat since I was 12 thats when the streach marks on my thighs started. of course I had no idea what they were at that time and after that it was all downhill. now they cover pretty much my whole body I have giant caverness ones that go from my boobs to my arm pits I won't even get to my stomach my ass my arms on the inner and outer. my thighs all the way to the back of my knees I'm seriously afraid i'm going to look like a deflated baloon! I'm just so angry at myself and at the fat i feel like it robbed me of ever really feeling confident becasue I'm basically scared for life from this. Not I won't be happy with my weightloss and the rest is really secondary, but it really does bum me out, to be so young with no children and to feel like I look like i've had 4 or something. Anyway just my venting.

Just thought I'd give you some of my thoughts on this. I'm someone who is covered in stretch marks. They are all over. I'm hoping that after I loose weight they might not be as noticable, I'm not really sure how they work, but I'm only 20 so I'm hoping my skin, even though its so incredibly stretched right now, will be able to tighten back up.

However, a couple of my friends are having babies/already have had babies, so I've gotten to see a lot of their stretchmark experiences. My friend who had a baby this summer was tiny and had no stretchmarks at all pre-pregnancy, and after pregnancy, she has one tiny little one on her stomach that has since disappeared. So it seems that pregnancy can affect people differently than weight gain. A couple of my other friends have had no problems with stretchmarks and pregnancy, but most of them are in their early 20s, so it might have something to do with age?

Anyways, I'm rambling, haha I really don't know what I'm talking about and have never been pregnant, I just thought I'd share some of my friends experiences. Good luck with everything!!

Allison

I am really enjoying my new body. I now fit into size 16 jeans and a size L top. I won't buy any plus sizes anymore! But I am very flabby. I still need to lose about 70 pounds. The one thing I hate is my boobs look like half filled Water baloons. They totally sag and they have never sagged in my life. I have stretch marks on them and on my thighs and hips and I know those are not going away. I would rather not get ps if it can be avoided. My boobs still look great in a bra, but without a bra, they hang. Oh well.