Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New chat forum need support,chat.

Hi All

I hope the title thread didnt sound desparate! I was banded in nov 2006 in Melbourne. I lost 12 kilos quickly and have had many fills I am up to 7mils. Basically I havent lost anything for about 6 months infact I am fighting to keep it off. I have been th the dietian who says I have a slow metabilisim. I have been told that all my life its not what I want to hear. I am not a complete angel with my food but I dont pig out like I use to. I have managed to get an appointment for monday to see the head surgeon but I am so frustrated and depressed just over a year and lost 12 kilos but they were right at the beginning in about 4 months. Has anyone else had trouble or am I a freak!

thanks

Michelle:sad:

I have had similar problems, but hang in there, see your doctor you may need another fill.

Thanks for that Kat so there is hope for me!. I go to melb on monday to see the surgeon so hopefully it will be another fill I say hopefully as I just want something to give me a bit of a start off again perhaps I lost momenteum.

Hi All

I am not a complete angel with my food but I dont pig out like I use to. Michelle:sad:

Hi Michelle. Are you making sure not to drink with your meals? Not eating food that can slip through easily- icecream etc? I still write down everything I eat every day and I find that this keeps me on track as well as helps me work out what foods work best for me. Do you exercise? Again that has been really important for me. Sorry if this sounds like an interrogation, I don't mean it to sound like one. Maybe if you give us some idea of what you eat each day some of the others could give some more advice.

I wish you all the best. :rolleyes2:

Mel

Hi mss

Thanks for replying. I follow the 20 minute rule and wait 20 to 30 mins after eating before I drink. I walk and swim as exercise as I ruptured a disc in my back and have damaged nerves in my leg and foot. I take pain killers for this but some days I am quite immobile (not lazy). With the walking I walk daily and swim twice a week its Water aerobic exercise. I still eat a fair bit and feel like a porker by telling everyone but here goes!

I have trouble eating up until twelve then I can eat a whole sandwich if im hungry in the afternoon about 3pm i have a banana skim milk half a cup and a diet yogurt blended. Then I can still eat dinner 2 egg omelette and before bed if im still hungry which yes i usually am a yogurt or 2 dry biscuits. I know everyones mouth has dropped but im being honest as we are all here for the same reason. I go back to the surgeon Monday and I will be having a fill for sure im up to 7mils at the moment. Any thoughts (nice,diplomatic) would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi mss

Thanks for replying. I follow the 20 minute rule and wait 20 to 30 mins after eating before I drink. I walk and swim as exercise as I ruptured a disc in my back and have damaged nerves in my leg and foot. I take pain killers for this but some days I am quite immobile (not lazy). With the walking I walk daily and swim twice a week its Water aerobic exercise. I still eat a fair bit and feel like a porker by telling everyone but here goes!

I have trouble eating up until twelve then I can eat a whole sandwich if im hungry in the afternoon about 3pm i have a banana skim milk half a cup and a diet yogurt blended. Then I can still eat dinner 2 egg omelette and before bed if im still hungry which yes i usually am a yogurt or 2 dry biscuits. I know everyones mouth has dropped but im being honest as we are all here for the same reason. I go back to the surgeon Monday and I will be having a fill for sure im up to 7mils at the moment. Any thoughts (nice,diplomatic) would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Michelle,

I have only been banded since last December, but I do know of someone else who has had this problem. She recently had another couple of fills and has now started to lose weight again.

It definitely sounds like you need more fill. I have no problem with any food except bread and can eat at any time of the day, but I usually have a tub of diet yoghurt for Breakfast, and often that is all I'll have until dinner time as I just don't have any hunger. You shouldn't be feeling so much hunger so I am guessing that you do not have enough fill.

Good luck with your visit to the Dr.

Danna

New chat forum need support,chat.

You know, when I read this title, I thought you were posting about finding or starting a new forum and was looking for members to support it. lol

I was banded in November 2007 and I havn't lost much weight and it makes me really upset. not sure on what to do. I dont' any grease foods not much on Pasta or anything like that.. my biggest problem is soda I get really bad headach when I don't drink soda. Is there another kind of drink that you can recomend me to drink. and What do you do for Breakfast that is another issue for me.:sad:

It sounds to me as though the kind of foods you are eating could be the problem.Things such as milk, yogurt even eggs are quickly digested, do not stay in the pouch and will not sive you saiety. Try eating heavier Proteins such as red meat, chicken, fish etc add some vegetables and see if that makes a difference.