Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Sooooooooooooo, I did a total pre-emptive closet purge....kept a few things to wear to work ( I just wear jeans and t-shirts).....and pretty much everything else....I had a lot of nice office clothes from before I retired....I don't wear them anymore and soon they won't fit anyway. I took them down to the women's shelter.

All of my size 20's and most of my 18's are GONE......forever.

Not that they don't fit now, but I don't even want them around......I'll keep what I need to to get by......but I'm making room for SMALLER CLOTHES!

I am back at home and feeling much better. I had my second surgery today where my Dr cut off a bit more of my fat pad to loosen the tightness and take away all the nausea and vomiting. He was skilled, kind, and compassionate. Now I am experiencing a recuperation that you all must be familiar with, a regular recuperation with incision discomfort and gas, but what a welcome change!!! Thanks for all of the support!

I am back at home and feeling much better. I had my second surgery today where my Dr cut off a bit more of my fat pad to loosen the tightness and take away all the nausea and vomiting. He was skilled, kind, and compassionate. Now I am experiencing a recuperation that you all must be familiar with, a regular recuperation with incision discomfort and gas, but what a welcome change!!! Thanks for all of the support!

Sounds like you have a good doc!

Happy to hear that things are better and at least "normally" uncomfortable!

Welcome home...again!

hope all is well eve been thinking about you

Yay!

And now you must tell us how to pronounce "evelas". I've been rhyming it with "Weevil Ass", which probably is unfair.

I have two black cats. They really admire and respect me, but I also I'm pretty sure they're waiting for me to die so that they can eat my face.

I had to go to a buffet dinner with a bunch of cops today - baked ziti, chicken parm, eggplant rolatini, lasagne, sausages and peppers etc. I had two meatballs and some lettuce - they're now pretty sure I'm gay.

Of course, the English accent doesn't help to dispel that notion - my old girlfriend used to say "All Englishmen are queer until proven bisexual", which still cracks me up.

Eve I am so glad you have relief from the nausea, I had it in the hospital after one of the antibiotics they gave me and I know how awful that is. I am sorry you have to go thru the pain of the gas and the incisions again. Sounds like your doctor is a skilled surgeon alright. Fenton, you are too funny. I sure enjoy reading your posts....Kathy

" All of my size 20's and most of my 18's are GONE......forever."

way to go Harley. Im hoping when I take my summer stuff down from the attic I will be able to give it ALL away! Wishful thinking.

My husband is a speed eater too, but he doesn't budge from 180lbs(he's 6ft). He can also go from sleeping to awake instantly. Very weird. I said it was from all the cat naps on the job. His answer "there is always time for a quality nap"

Fenton you will be so happy to hear that the support group I went to tonight had more men than woman, 3:1 .Two guys had been banded for over 2yrs. So there are more of you out there! I felt a little uneasy being out numbered. All they talked about was passing gas. (just kidding)

The E is for my first name, Erika, and the ending is like "everlasting" without a few of the letters- just one of those things, something dumb I started going by long ago.

If anyone is interested I did find a cookbook called Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery by Patt Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray. It looks like it could be a winner!

Amanda and Harley, you are so brave. I dont think I'm there yet.

Ive been working out like crazy and people are starting to notice my weight loss, but I havent. Since I gained weight after starting mushies, I'm scared to get on the scale. I've been walking alot, so maybe that will help.

Has anyone thought about buying the bodybugg? I really want it, but dont want to pay $400.

Hi everyone, I think that I just might have been the last surgery for March! My surgery began at about 7:30 last night and concluded nearly aroung 10. (I have a hiatal hernia that had to be fixed.) I am happy, sore and excited!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I had such a crazy experience, my original doctor had a minor heart issue and was taken to the emergency room. My surgery was of course at that point cancelled, but then it was realized that my insurance had just approved me for the center and not that particular doctor. Another surgeon graciously took me on, but of course after his regularly scheduled patients. Good thing I had extensively researched all of the doctors at the center, or I would have ended up coming back home unbanded!

E - I am glad your home....again....and banded.....still....hopefully things will start moving in the right direction for you.

Fenton - I am not a cat person so your ar probably right, they want your face! I used to have a Siamiese and I'm sure that was his goal, he belonged to my daughter so he moved when she did. Only plus side of seeing her go!

JDUB - What's a Body Bug?? That does not sound...clean?? Going to have to Google that one! I have not started mushies yet but am due to on Friday. I have been told that I look like I have lost weight and have been working out like crazy, I expect for things to slow down/stop when I start on mushies.

H8 - Glad a doctor you trusted stepped in and did the surgery and glad your here!