Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Yeah, that's more like it!

Great! I think the "OMG this clothing suddenly FITS!" thing is one of the best things of all, because it's objective and true. Indeed, when I was going the other way, I knew it because clothing I'd slimmed down into was becoming tight again.

Harley, I love that dress!

NSV - sizes are always a great scale... down to a size 12 in pants and almost in shirts. Feel great. My wardrobe budget has taken a hit, but enjoy shopping now and even trying things on in the stores..and don't forget, getting those compliments from friends and family are great too.

GOBBLE, GOBBLE..enjoy everyone

Yeah. My surgical scrubs now billow around me, but they feel really great, so I"m wearing the larger ones still. Occasionally, though, I do wear the tops that the techs had embroidered "J-DAWG" for me...

I don't know if this is a doinky idea or not, but I'm going to try and check in repeatedly tomorrow. Holiday eating is a tricky thing, and I want to keep this process - our way of eating, our goals - very much in the front of my mind.

I'm hoping some other Shamrocks will share what they've been having and enjoying.

I'll be with my family tomorrow, but I hope there'll also be some Hot Shamrock Action out here!

I hope there'll also be some Hot Shamrock Action out here!

WOW! I'm sure my mind just went somewhere other than what you intended! :crying: But here's hoping that we all see some soon!!

Of course, HarleyGirl with that awesome dress is probably the frontrunner right now for Hot Shamrock Action! :)

Hi Everyone, I know what everyone means when people say that you are getting skinny. It is now happening to me on a daily basis. :) It is wierd to hear all of the positive statements. I am learning to say thank you.

My NSV is that I am now also into an 18 and that is getting too big. Now that I am down 82 pounds since 3/27/08 I am finally believing that I can accomplish my goals.

I have started the cooking already - and the ignoring of my children. Luckily they play well together. I have the cranberry sauce, cornbread dressing, salad dressing, chocolate pecan pie, apple pie, and kid's chocolate mouse pie ready. Just the turkey, carrot Soup, potatoes, and salad to put together tomorrow. (Maybe some cleaning too...)

But the most fun is decorating gingerbread houses after dinner - and trying to keep our dog away from the houses until Xmas.

You know the funny thing is that I don't really feel like I identify closely with the people at our support group or sometimes even feel like a "bandster" - but I still enjoy reading here and keeping up with everyone's stories.

Happy Turkey day to all.

Hi all.

My "Thanksgiving" will be Saturday because the boys are working Thur & Fri and My sister will be flying in on Fri to visit for a few days.

Tomorrow I will be helping out with a local Thanksgiving lunch. Giving rides to and from. Will be fun to meet some new folks.

I'm very Thankful to have all of you in my life. Saturday when I sit with my family here I will raise my glass in a silent toast to you all.

This has been a really wonder-ful year.

Hey, Happy Thanksgiving, all. I wish you all as stress-free and happy a day as is possible, given the trying circumstances of most family gatherings.

Got far too little sleep last night, and am not looking forward to the journey to Boston and beyond. Haven't seen my family in a long while; tragically, I think that the last time I saw them I was heading upwards on the scale, and was at about this weight, so I'm not expecting any "OMG! You look GREAT!" reactions.

Like Ajoneen, I'm thankful to have you guys in my life, and I shall raise a glass to you at dinner. But unlike Ajoneen, I shall then salute you by belching the alphabet in your honour.

Have a lovely day, y'all.

Harley - WOW what a beautiful dress and dirt cheap too. You will be smokin hot at your Christmas party.

Fenton - Buy some clothes that fit. I know I look a bit dumpy in bigger clothes now. I know it is hard being in this in-between stage. I may wear a shirt that fits and a pair of pants that are to big. It drives me crazy.

I am getting ready to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with my DS. It is a tradition with us. I would love to actually go to NY and see it one day.

I will be at my DH family for lunch and then to my parents for dinner. I will see family that I have not seen for quite a while at both places. (I will definetly wear clothes that fit)

NSV - We took my DS and some of his friends to Dollywood (Dolly Parton's amusement park in TN) for DS birthday. I was able to ride all the rides. WOOT!!! I even rode an upside down roller coaster. (although I may never ride one again:ohmy:)

Have a great turkey day. I know there are many things to be thankful for, but my band is way up there on the list.

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Finished baking pies about 11 last night.....had a great night, my daughter helped me and we had a rousing game of Trivial Pursuit while they were in the oven!

Woke up this morning with a terrible sore throat....maybe it will make it easier to resist the temptations...it hurt to even swallow tea! I have to fight it off, working god awful BLACK FRIDAY tomorrow!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

it's been a really long time since i've posted to this thread, but i wanted to thank all of you for posting your thoughts, your ups, your downs and all your tips. i may have posted since being banded, but i'm an avid reader. i've learned so much from this site and this thead in particular. thanks again to one and all!

Hey all - Happy Thanksgiving!

Or rather: Happy Black Friday!

Yesterday was a pretty indulgent Thanksgiving, but not nearly as indulgent as any past T-days. I had some of everything, but small portions. I must admit that I did have tastes of the apple, blueberry and the chocolate pecan pie, AND a taste of the pumpkin cheesecake, but overall it could've been a lot worse.

Mostly, it was just great to see how lovely/handsome my nieces/nephews are, and what great little people. There were the usual family hysterics - several descents into shouted exchanges about political views - but this was a weeping-light holiday, for once.

Today I shall see my mother for Breakfast - where I shall enjoy some of her mincemeat tartlets - then lunch with some of the clan, then home to NYC. Thank God!

I hope you all had a lovely holiday.

Happy Black Friday to all of you Thanksgiving Day survivors!!!!!! I can honestly say that I ate nothing yesterday other than 2 popsicles, gatorade and drank Water at a snails pace!!! My Thanksgiving Day started at 1:30 in the morning with violent waves of nausea and cramps that left me attached to my toilet for hours!!!! Yesterday was a blur, I still have a pounding headache and no appetite, but the nausea and cramping is gone for now. Not how I intended to start my holiday shopping season!!!!

Enough whining for now!!!! Sounds like everyone did well with the holiday eating!! Happy Shopping!!

Happy Black Friday!!!!

I survived T-day. I did not cook, did not have to clean up. visited, ate and left. no leftovers. I had about 1 Tbs of what I wanted and that was it. There were no Desserts to tempt me either. I enjoyed the company, but was glad to get home and relax. I even treated myself to a movie last night. I saw "Australia" I truly enjoyed it. It was a bit long but still good..

I shopped yesteray morning and am at work today, so no chance of hitting the stores early. I will do some shopping tomorrow..

Enjoy the weekend. I hope to get online over the weekend, but have been having computer connection issues on my home computer.