Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Yes! Slow and Steady wins the race! But bloody slowly sometimes!

At my size I should be losing faster, I think. At least, I have in the past. So I'm either lying to myself about my intake, about my amount of exercise, or am retaining Water. Or maybe have a broken scales.

But it's probably a good thing to hear just before Thanksgiving.

One thing about restriction: I'm more careful with what I order. At lunch today I had grilled branzino, instead of the crispy chicken or hangar steak or more usual entree. I did have dessert, but left a good bit.

Well, a bit.

Got a 0.5cc fill yesterday. I had my unfill early in October and now they are going really slowly until we get the gastritis issues under better/ more predictable control. They were impressed that I was able to lose4 pounds since my unfill...I however wish it was more. I go back on Dec 19th.

They gave me a prescription to take everyday which they say should stop the flare ups.....which would be so nice.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Christine

I'm trying to remember that I didn't GAIN this weight faster than 1-2 lbs a week (on average) over 2 years = 150+ lbs and so losing it now at that pace should be "normal" but of course we all want this weight off instantly! Oh where Oh where is my fairy godmother when I need a wish granted! Maybe I'll hold out hope that if I go see Santa or write him a letter and tell him I've been a very good girl this year, I'll get my Christmas wish to hit 90 lbs by January 1st!

Sugar Bean--Congrats! 100lbs is awesome! You should be so proud of yourself!

Kathy--Was is Dr Miller that told you that? I love your answer, Girl! With that attitude, you WILL make it happen! I expect that after a year, or as we each get closer to goal, our weight loss will slow, but I have faith in us. We can do it!

Slow and Steady does win the race!

Have a wonderful holiday! Don't we all have so much to be thankful for this year?!?!? Love to all!

Well, I weighed in again today, and am down another two pounds - don't know what explains that drop, but I'll take it!

And now I'm feeling good, and a little hungry.

Happy Turkey Day!!

Be good everyone. I am grateful I am not cooking, no temptation to taste everything as I cook. But I sure wish I could keep myself away from the chocolate. Very stressfull at home now and chocolate has always been my VICE ... HELP!!!!

Y'know, looking at people's tickers here, I have to say that I'm really impressed - you guys have done a FANTASTIC job! I started from a much higher weight than you, and lost quickly at first, then backslid, but you guys have just held steady, losing the weight. You've done amazingly well - but I'm sure you know that.

I want to hear more NSV stories! Why the heck isn't that item hopping, women???

Happy Thanksgiving to All!!!

I am working Thursday and Friday....so, I don't think I'll get into too much trouble. Just me and my Lean Cuisine Turkey!!!!!

My latest NSV ( just for you Fenton)- 3 years ago my best friend bought me a beautiful sweater and turtleneck set. I just loved it, and when I put it on I got it as far as over my head!!!! Actually, i stretched it so wide I barely could pull in down over my chest!!!! I come across it every few months when I get donation and garage sale things together, I just couldn't part with it.... I wanted to wear it because it was a perfect color for me!!!! So, I just kept it in storage. Last week, I went on a hunt and found it... got it out... put it on... NOT ONLY DOES IT FIT...IT IS LOOSE ON ME!!!! OMG!!! I am wearing it with pride!!! I even had to text my friend and tell her it fit!!!

By the way there are signs of donuts this morning that DH brought home.... but he only got some for himself this time!!!!! I guess he listened to me, I'll have to make sure I give him some positive re-inforcement!!!!! (LOL!!!)

My latest NSV (which is all I've had lately as the scale is horribly STUCK)....

I bought this dress last February in a size 12.....called it my "inspiration dress"......

WELL....guess what I'll be wearing to a Christmas party on December 6th!!!!!!!!!

inspiration-1.jpg

Tess--congrats on wearing the sweater! I am sure your friend is just as happy for you as we all are! Sorry about you having to work the holiday, too!

harleygirl--WOW! That dress is beautiful! Where did you buy it from? Not that I could wear it now, or even ever in a size 12, but it is really beautiful!

My NSV was heading "home" to Toledo last week for the birth on my niece and having people who have not seen me in a while say things like "wow, you look really great. The last few pounds have really made a difference!"

People at work are talking about it too. I laugh when they call me skinny. I am a size 18! But compared to where I was last year, I must look that way!

I got the dress at coldwater creek online....the really great thing is that with discounts and codes....IT COST $6.38!!!

You'll be in a size 12, Niki.....it's not that far off if you're in an 18 now.....ten to fifteen pounds a size (or so they say)...I'll bet you do look fantastic, 78 pounds off....that's a LOT of weight!

Yeah, that's more like it!

Great! I think the "OMG this clothing suddenly FITS!" thing is one of the best things of all, because it's objective and true. Indeed, when I was going the other way, I knew it because clothing I'd slimmed down into was becoming tight again.

Harley, I love that dress!