Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else for March 11th?

Well I have been home now for a couple of house and feeling a little sore but it is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Admitted: 9:20am

Surgury: 11:00 am

Home: 3:00pm

Congrats, Bossstar! I told you! Good luck sleeping tonight. You will probably need your pain medicine. And get ready to go to the bathroom a lot...all the Fluid in you. Glad I could ease your mind a bit.

Today is also the day for: O2BThinAgain, Chica and preKteacher.

Hope you are all doing ok.

You must all remember to sip, sip, sip and walk, walk, walk. Also, you should have received an air spirometer to help you breathe. It really will help you get your strength back and get air into your lungs to prevent pneumonia. Keep it with you all the time and do it as much as you can.

I'm still sore but I know it will go away so I'm not discouraged.

Keep it up everybody...we're on our way!

Hi, all. First, congratulations to my fellow bandsters, Bossstar, PreKTeacher and O2BThinAgain! I hope to hear from you all when you're up to it.

I'm pretty sore -- I think the analogy of having done thousands of sit ups is accurate -- and my throat is killing me, but not so much from the breathing tube, honestly. I wish I could get hold of the numbing spray they used, but then I might not be able to swallow, so maybe not. :wink:

Best of luck to you tomorrow, Mom007! And SObrien, are you back yet? How are you feeling? Thanks to all for the support! :smile:

A THOUSAND SIT UPS feeling is correct! Wait a minute ... what would I know about doing that many sit ups? lol

And I used a spirometer in pre-op but they never brought it out so I have been taking deep breaths and paying attention to my breathing.

My last complaint is about Previcide. Why does it cost so much?

Congrats Chica. You made it through.

Try sucking on fruity popsicles to help soothe your sore throat. That helped me a lot.

I've been struggling with that "bloated" feeling which is preventing me from drinking as much as I should. Took some GasX last night and it really helped. Got to keep drinking.

I wonder when our soreness will go away?

I'm curious about SoBrien too. And OTBT...where are ya'll?

Again, way to go Chica!:smile:

Good to hear from you, Bossstar. But what is Previcide?

Prevacid ... to prevent acid ... I just spelled it wrong.

Day 2 and I am sore but surviving. I wonder if I will be up to going to the office tomorrow. If not no big deal but I manage 4 radio stations incluing the areas news/talk and a huge local news story broke and it sucks to not be there.

Any guess as when this bloated feeling goes away? Not painful but not normal.

Hello everyone,

I just found out about this site but i was banded on 3/11 also. I am feeling ok..I know i'm not getting in enough Protein but I don't see how i can. Any suggestions???? I'm still sore of course but that is to be expected. I went on my first journey to Wal-Mart since surgery and I walked around a bit...It was nice:)

Congrats to everyone who was banded on 3/11 or anytime near:):)

Use a funnel! Thats the only way that I figure out how to get enough Protein in.

I am feeling so much better today though. Much less gas and almost no pulling feeling.

Day 3 and I am back at work. I have made an amazing recovery in the past 24 hours. I went from having tons of uncomfortable gas and not being able to sleep with almost no pain (except for the tugging sensation from the port).

One weird thing is that I have not regained my appetite. Maybe I am just keeping myself full with the liquid diet and all that liquid that I am trying to squeeze in.

Here's a question for all you newly banded folks: If you are like me and can only manage some portion of what you should be taking in during this liquid phase, do you try to get all the 64 oz. Water in or all the 60g Protein? My thinking is try to emphasize the protein because of its healing powers. But I understand that it's really important to drink the water too. What to do? What to do? :biggrin:

I made it!!! Had a few issues, which I'll get to. Other than being a bit sore around my incisions, especially where my port is, my lapband process went fine. I get my Proteins in by adding unflavored Protein powder to my puddings and Soups too. Hey, fudgsicles even have 2g protein! I get in my liquids by sipping throughout the day. I bought this stuff called "Vita Splash" nutrient enhanced drink mix @ Walmart. It has 5g. added Fiber too. I add a packet to my Water & it tastes great, plus I'm getting the added Fiber.< /p>

I also had bilateral breast reduction done at the same time. That went fine also. No problems there either.

What my problem was, which was & still is a major issue, is that they had my feet on some kinda board during surgery. I don't know if it was the way they had my feet or if I was pushing on the board or what, but I woke up in the OR when they were removing the board & I was crying out (well, screaming out) about how my feet hurt. The outer edges of my feet felt like I had been walking around NYC for an entire day in 4" stilettos on the outer edges of my feet. Talk about pain!!! I couldn't walk and just started walking today with these special shoes that I have from SAS (I bought them after I had a bunionectomy a few years ago). My right foot is fine, the left foot hurts severly on the outer edge below my ankle & across the outer edge of my ankle. Also, underneath, right where the ball of my heel starts to meet with the arch. I've been putting on a heating pad & BenGay. My kids & my husband have been massaging my foot, but they can hardly put any pressure on it. It's slowly feeling better, but still hurts very much. :biggrin:

So, I don't know what happened on that note, but all else is fine. I'm taking my pain meds (Percocet), an anitbiotic, 2 chewable kids Vitamins & 2 Ultra Tums (for calcium), all per the doctor. I even took my first shower today! :smile:

I need to catch up with everyone! I'll be back in a day or two! Love to all!!

It's great to hear from you, O2BT, but sorry you had such a rough time! :biggrin: Welcome back...

Hi Chica:

I'm not banded yet, but I have tried crystal light with unflavored powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. It has a lot of Protein and would seem to take care of adressing both issues.

Bossstar...Back to work already! You're a trooper. I have so much leave time accumulated that I figure now is a good time to use it. Besides, what do I bring to eat for lunch?? Ha, ha, ... I know...bad joke.

Chica....I was in the same predicament. I was so bloated I could barely get my Water down much less my Protein drinks. I figured my first priority was not to dehydrate so for the first 2-3 days, so I stuck to my Water. Then I was going to try my chocolate unjury drink but I decided to call my dietician and make sure it was ok to have skim milk. Glad I did because she said no...wait one more day for milk. She suggested I have the unflavored Unjury with Crystal Light just like hopeinapril but I've got to say....it wasn't too good. Don't know if I have problems with the consistency or the taste (which it isn't supposed to have) or my continued bloatedness but it just took forever to go down. Today was my first day of real progress. I started my morning with my chocolate Unjury with skim milk...mmmm really good. lunch was my chicken flavored Unjury...good enough. I ate a small vanilla yogurt for dinner and tonight I drank another Protein Drink called Muscle Milk-Light in Mocha Latte flavor...:blushing: yummy! Of course, I sip on water all day long. I found out about the Muscle Milk today at my 1 wk. appt./class. They gave us tons of new information with new products to try. They also said to blend the Protein Powder with your liquids..not just stir. Using a blender I'm told makes a big difference in the taste and texture. So I actually had over 60 grams of Protein today. Bottom line....stay hydrated first...keep drinking your water and crystal light and then keep trying to drink as much protein as you can get in. It does get better every day.

P.S. -- Lost 14 more pounds since 2 days before surgery! :thumbup: