Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else for March 11th?

My date is March 11th. I went to my pre-op appointment & class yesterday (02/26) and started my 2 week liquid diet. I've done well these first 2 days and hoping it'll go as smoothly hereafter. I figure that I'll be able to eat the things that are around me in the future but I need to hold out for now. I'd hate to go in for surgery & get closed back up because I didn't lose enough weight!

I bought the Isopure whey Protein mixes. I bought a couple different flavors & mix them for variety. I've only used Water to mix because I'm not sure if we can use skim milk. I have a call into my dieticians office to find out.

I hope there's some other people with 03/11 date. Please reply if it's your date! Thanks!

Hello,

I'm March 10th figured it was close enough :rolleyes:. I love Isopure. I have been on my pre-op since this past Saturday. I had a tough time yesterday and I think the poor pizzia delivery guy left my office running and screaming after he saw me staring and drowling at him, but I made it through and today is a little better. For me I'm finding out it's 95% mental. Oh well. Good luck.

Yeah, I've found the mental part of it too! I'm tempted to lick a spoon or something, then I remind myself that's it's only temporay & if I give in there'll be no stopping!

I've found that, for maybe 2 or 3 shakes a day, I'll mix 4 oz. skim milk & 8 oz. of Water & a tiny bit of crushed ice. I asked our dietician if this was ok & she said yes. This helps to make the shake a bit more substantial.

Where are you having your surgery done?

I am also to be banded on March 10. I had my pre-op and class on 2/28. I'm on the Optifast 2 week diet right now. Most days are not so bad. I love the chocolate drinks. It's just at night that I start to feel hungry. My husband is showing his support by keeping a liquid Slim Fast diet too. What a guy! Anyway, maybe we can keep in touch since we will be going thru it all at the same time.

My surgery will be at Southern Surgical Hospital in Slidell, LA and performed by Dr. Michael Thomas.

Well, our "single digit" countdown is on now, eh?

I found a neat list of items to have on hand for post-op. It's in this website, I just forget where. Has anyone started gearing up yet at home for post-op? I've only bought a heating pad so far....well, also my Protein powders.

I'm getting excited, nervous, impatient!!!! I'm so proud of myself...I haven't cheated at all so far on my 2 week pre-op diet. I almost took a tiny taste of some sauce from my daughters sesame chicken last night and my 9 year old son caught me and said, "Don't it Mom!!! You'll be sorry!". That stopped my in my tracks! What a great son to have around, both he & my daughter are being so incredibly supportive and helpful. It is so nice to have that kind of support. My husband is still kinda "wierded" out about the whole thing, so I haven't gotten a lot of support from him yet. I bet when I'm thin again he'll be right there though.....but I need him more so now! :angry: Jeez....men, I tell ya!

Hi. I'm being banded March 11th too by Dr. Eric Pinnar in Reson, VA. I just got my date this morning and can hardly believe it. I'm so happy, I even changed my avatar this afternoon to something that has a smile! (I used to have a paper bag over my head...)

I've been "practicing" not drinking with meals, and having a morning Protein shake. When they offered me 3/11, I jumped on it. Plus I only have to do 8 days pre-op Protein liquid diet... :biggrin2:

Congratulations! It's really coming up soon for us all! You're not too far from me....I live in Fredericksburg, VA. We'll have to hook up sometime. Do you golf by any chance?

Thanks, O2B! Does miniature golf count? Even there, I have to admit, I'm terrible... Our coed softball league starts the last weekend in April, and I'm hoping to be able to play by then. Still haven't decided if I'll tell anyone there about the band yet. Of course, they may not notice for a while... :rolleyes2:

3/10 BIDMC... Starting to get a little nervous. The pre op diet is going great though. Good luck everyone..

:rolleyes2:

Sobrien, forgive my lack of blog jargon but what is BIDMC? I noticed you have lost 30 lbs. Way to go! How are you doing it?

OTB & Chica...I have close family that live in Roanoke, VA. Is that near either of you?

OTB..I'm about to purchase my Protein drink mix. I'm looking at the unjury line. What did you get?

We're almost there....good luck to everyone! :biggrin:

Hi, EAbadie. I live in Northern VA, and I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know exactly where Roanoke is, but I'm thinking south of here... I bet if I asked my 5th grader, she'd know! :biggrin:

Nah...Roanoke is way SW from here. I'm fairly equal distance between Washington, D.C. and Richmond, VA.

I'm using the Isopure Protein powder. I found it the cheapest at Vitamin Shoppe. I have chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, mango/peach. They also have apple/melon and punch. I mix the flavors a lot. It's a whey Protein with 0 carbs & 0 sugar. It calls for 2 scoops, but I usually do 1 scoop 4 times a day & 2 scoops once a day. 2 scoops has 50g protein and 210 calories, except chocolate has 220 cal. I also will do like 8 oz. Water & 4 oz. skim milk, with a little bit of crushed ice. It tastes good, plus mixing the flavors give some variety. I'd seen some that have like a cappucino flavor or some kinda latte. I'm thinking about that one too!! I've also tried the Designer whey protein in Chocolate. It's good too!

Also, does your work have Health Care Flexible Spending accounts? Do you participate? If so, you can have your physician fill out a medical necessity form for the Protein shakes and you can turn it into your Flexible Spending account for reimbursement. Or, if you have enought healthcare expenses to write them off on taxes then you can write off the Protein drinks, only as long as they are considered medically necessary.

I just went for my pre-op appointment yesterday and got my date: the 12th! So just one day after you. I started my pre-op diet this morning and only have to do it for one week.

Surprisingly, after having "last supper" syndrome for almost a month and a half, I got back on track and since my very first consult on Jan. 8th, as of yesterday, I had lost 2 pounds. Not much but with all the hand over fist eating I had done, I was surprised I wasn't up. Small victories, yes?

Good luck! Hope the nerves don't start kicking in! When the nurse told me I could get it done on the 12th, I said, "So soon?!?!". All this waiting and now I get a date and I'm not sure I want it so soon! Is that crazy or what?

Congrats! It's coming up so soon....but not soon enough!

I can't believe how much I'm losing just on the liquid diet. I've lost 12 pounds already in 8 days! I haven't put 1 foreign/bad/illegal food/beverage/sauce in my mouth! I'm just so afraid that if I do that something stupid will happen & they'll go in there & just sew me back up. I've waited TOO LONG for this to happen. Besides, it won't be that long before we can start eating again. Believe it or not, I've been fantasizing about what I can have during the pureed phase! Twisted eh!

Hi Eabadie,

BIDMC is Beth Isreal Deaconess Medical Center. It's the hospital where I'm having my surgery I really should have been more specific. I started watching what I ate after the first appointment with my Dr about 5 weeks ago and lost 12 lbs over the next month. Then over the last week and a half on liguids I have lost another 18 :thumbdown:. I have been going to the gym for 2 hours a night though. Some days are harder than others but I'm in a groove now and only 5 more days so I'm going to make it. Once I stop exercising my weightloss slows to a crawl. It has always been that way. It's going to be tough post-op... Good luck.