Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bham doctors

I am having my first consult with Dr. Stahl in Alabaster on Monday. I have no idea what to expect. I've jumped through all of the hoops so far with the insurance (Tricare Prime) and got the approval to go see him. I've been on a supervised diet for a year with my endocrinologist, and I've filled out all of their required paperwork. I'm a basket case, waiting until Monday gets here!

I had mine done with Dr Cottingham from birmingham surgical at brookwood medical . He is amazing. Super nice, great bedside manner, great surgeon as far as i'm concerned. I was banded on Feb 6th and I've lost 35lbs so far. I would definitely recommend him.

I'm using Dr Cottingham too. How long was your entire process from seminar til surgery?

I'm using Dr Cottingham too. How long was your entire process from seminar til surgery?

I had my seminar in july and surgery in Feb, however my wait was due to insurance approval and me getting my part of the money due.

When did/are you have your surgery? If you've already had it, how are you doing? I had mine on Feb 5th, i've lost right at 38 lbs. so i'm really excited.

I had my seminar in july and surgery in Feb, however my wait was due to insurance approval and me getting my part of the money due.

When did/are you have your surgery? If you've already had it, how are you doing? I had mine on Feb 5th, i've lost right at 38 lbs. so i'm really excited.

congrats on your weight loss! I can't hardly wait til I can say the same. I don't have a surgery date yet and I really just got started with the process. I've wanted to have the lap band surgery for a few months now. I did WW and lost 83lbs. but I have really struggled to keep it off. I have gained 60lbs. of it back. My PCP knew I was doing WW at the time but I only saw him 1-2 times during the diet. My last check up ( last July), he was concerned about my weight gain since he saw me last. I hope he will be supportive since he knows I have tried in the past to lose the weight. It seems the older I get the harder it is to lose it. ( I'm 34).I go for my seminar and surgeon appt. in 2 weeks.

Yeah! people from Birmingham.

I used Dr Touliatous. I was very pleased. I talked to Schmit and Miles first, but it didn't "feel" right. A year later I went to Dr. T.

I had Surgery 12-11-07. I have lost 30 pounds. There is a seminar for help. They encourage you to come back for fills, etc. at anytime.

Tabby29- were you banded by dr cottingham? It sounds like you're doing great as well- I lost most of mine the first 2 weeks(23lbs) and the other 12 since then. I had a fill of 1cc on march 10th, and I go back April 8th and should get another 1cc fill. Have you had any problems eating or found anything you can't eat? So far I haven't, but i also get hungry after about 3 hours. Good luck with yours!

hey sorry it has took me a a bit to get back but no dr.clemnts is my dr i had my first fill on the march the 28th 1cc i go back on may 19th for my sencond i have not found anything that i can not eat yet either but i can tell if i take to big a bit man that hurts but do it to often i gotta getin a rotine i have lost 25lbs since feb 6th i am not sure if that is good or not but my doc says i am doin great keep me posted on you hope all is well

Hi Bama Belle:

You will like the clinic. Hi I'm Judie from Helena. This is where I go for my follow up visits! Don't know Dr. Stahl, but the nurses are great

there. My doctor is Dr. Christopher! I was banded on Feb. 26th.

You will also love Shelby Hospital it is fantastic!

I have lost 33 lbs now. I had to wait for my surgery

for over 7 months. Paperwork glitches!

Hang in there!

I leave you with this quote:

"Patience and time do more than strength or passion".

-La Fontaine