Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm back from Monterey and have a report..

First, thanks to all for your prayers. I was so nervous about having my eyes covered with Patches for four hours after surgery, but the anesthesioligist kept me nice and sleepy and it was not a problem.

I had my upper and lower lids done and my ears. I hired a private nurse for 24hours to keep ice on my eyes to help the swelling and it helped tremendously. I had NO pain at all!

Today I had the stiches taken out and my lips plumped up a bit, well, acutally, I looked like I had melons for lips, lol. He told me the swelling will go down the next two or three days and it has already gone down considerabaly. My lips looked like Goldie Hawns on "First Wives Club" when she went to her doctor for a lip fill. I could not even talk. It hurt. He gave me two shots above the lips and two under the lips. My nose, lips and chin were numb. The novicane really did hurt, but only for a few seconds. He then filled them with a synthetic collegen I think. I do have some bruising right now.

I also had him give me some botox between my eyebrow and around my crows feet area, that did not hurt hardly at all, especially after the lip ordeal!

I look like a clown. My husband laughed his but off when he picked me up and my kids have had a good hoot too! I can see the end result though.

I took pictures and will try and have my husband help me this week to get them up. I don't look like much right now.

It was a good experience and they were so caring and kind. I am planning on going back in December for a lower face lift (don't need upper) for my 49th birthday and then a Tummy Tuck in the spring next year.

I was what they call "heavy sedation", but I can tell you I was out like a light! Just the way I like it!

My ears are a little tender and I have to wear a band for a week and get the stiches out Saterday.

Any questions I will be glad to answer you.

Thanks for all the support.

Judy is going down for a complete face lift next week I think.

Yes, thanks for sharing. Glad all went well. What was the hospital like? Modern? Is it the same one Rumbaut uses? And your ears? What did you have done with your ears?

I'm just full of curiosity. How long will you be taking it easy?

Nancy

Hi Alice, glad you are safe and sound.

Hope you continue having a great recovery. Keep us posted.

My ears stuck out, like dumbo. I had them pinned back. I went direct from surgery to my room. I didn't need to stay in the hospital. It was all done in his very modern office.

I think hiring the nurse for 24 hours was very important as she kept ice on my eyes. It only cost me $130.00 for 24 hour nursing care. It was worth every cent!

I am looking foward to going back for my lower face lift this winter.

I go for my second fill next week. I have no restriction NADA. I had good restriction after the fill for about 1 week.

Ouch!!!! Glad you are doing fine! I just got approved for a breast reduction and am nervous as heck......You are brave..and I am sure it will be well worth it in the end! Take care and post them pics!!!

Wow awesome,

Great that everything went well and you are doing good. Cannot wait to see the pics.,

Alice, I've been thinking about you. Thanks for the update, Your going back in December? Do you want a room-mate? I'm seriously thinking about having my eyes done. How many days were you there?

Why didn't you get a fill before you left Monterrey, it's only 118.00 under flouro with Dr. Suesana.

Can't wait to see the pictures.

Yes, I would love a room-mate. We could hire a nurse to take care of us and just vej.

I had my eyes done Friday am and left yesterday afternoon. It was no big deal at all. I did need to stay in bed the same day and a lot of the second day because of sedation.

I had a fill on the 14th Feb and she said she likes people to wait one month or they could stretch the pouch out. It made no sence to me but she is the doc.

Have you talked with the doc?

I will most likely go back in Sept for a botox and lip fill again too.

Alice: Can't wait to see before and after pics. Let me see what questions do I have?

How much did it cost?

What other procedures do they do?

Do they have a website so I can peruse it?

Do they speak english and understand english?

If I think of anymore I will post them. LOL!!

By the way, CONGRATS and glad to see you are home safe and sound and recovering.

prices vary depending on how much you have done. I paid 3,000USD for eyes and ears.

No, there is no website but I can help you if you need help. Yes, they speak great english. They do all proceedures you can think of. I am going back for a lower face lift in December (my 49th birthday present to ME) and a Tummy Tuck around March.

march of next year I might be ready for a TT. I wanna have my boobs, arms, legs, TT, and Lipo. I need a good bank account. LOL!!